Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entropia Cryengine 2 Sneaky Peak!

Here's a Sneaky Peak of Entropia Universe with Cryengine 2!  It's still a Work In Progress behind the scene kinda thing.  So expect the final result to be fantastic ;)

ftp://ftp4.entropiauniverse.com/movies/PlanetCalypso-SneakPeak_WIP_20090220.mov

(right click an save if you can't watch)

Received my first Free UGC code! :)
Claim your Free UGC code Here

Comments

• Nytewolf2k7Nytewolf2k7 Member Posts: 181

Also available on youtube

Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)

• DobbinDobbin Member Posts: 35

OMG-

They are terribly behind the promised date for CE2 release and to be totally honest this looks crap, look at the trees lmao this isn't 1995 anymore.  If this has been released to impress then the company behind this need to get a grip.

If thats all they gotta show after all that dev time, that sucks. Looks better than it did though to be fair, but still way short of what i was being led to believe from word of mouth.

Just LOL what a letdown

• DobbinDobbin Member Posts: 35

By the way this is how CE2 should look.

Originally posted by Dobbin

Just what I was thinking

Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)

• Renton81Renton81 Member Posts: 92

No - thats how Crysis looks... Crysis, JUuuuST incase you're wondering is a completely different game from Entropia Universe.  This graphical update isnt suppose to be dubbed as "Crysis: the MMO version" lol.  Clearly you're slow, as well as illiterate so i'll repeat:  Quoted from a MA official, "this is just a work in progress teaser".  It's not like they've finished the final product and are waiting for Beans to grow out in the back yard.  Many game companies do the same, where they show initial game footage but what they are actually working on is more improved version (i.e Spore did the same, even WoW did it prior to it being released)... oh and in regards to release dates being delayed - it happens from time to time.  The award winning and very popular game Spore was released well over a year after its initial release date.

Originally posted by Renton81

No - thats how Crysis looks... Crysis, JUuuuST incase you're wondering is a completely different game from Entropia Universe.  This graphical update isnt suppose to be dubbed as "Crysis: the MMO version" lol.  Clearly you're slow, as well as illiterate so i'll repeat:  Quoted from a MA official, "this is just a work in progress teaser".  It's not like they've finished the final product and are waiting for Beans to grow out in the back yard.  Many game companies do the same, where they show initial game footage but what they are actually working on is more improved version (i.e Spore did the same, even WoW did it prior to it being released)... oh and in regards to release dates being delayed - it happens from time to time.  The award winning and very popular game Spore was released well over a year after its initial release date.

Yeah, true, but they still aren't using the engine to its fullest potential, every video and screenshot I have seen to date, inluding the ones by partner planets have shown that its not being used to its fullest potential. Probably can't though due to the strain it might put the clients computers in places like Port Atlantis :-p

• Renton81Renton81 Member Posts: 92
    Originally posted by Nytewolf2k7

every video and screenshot I have seen to date, inluding the ones by partner planets have shown that its not being used to its fullest potential.

And for the 3rd time of repeating myself, its not like they're showing the final version.  All game companies show teaser previews before the game comes out.  The final result is always a much more improved version.  There's a big difference between Teaser Preview and an actual Trailer for a game.   The same with all the other planets too.  If that was the final version don't you think they would release it now?

I mean first of all do some research on other games when they were released

Secondly use a little intuition; you talk like everything that you've seen to date is exactly how the final result will look like.  Clearly its not or otherwise it would be released by now.  If you don't have intuition then you shouldnt really be joined to a forum to take part in discussions.

Last of all, don't expect the final result to look like Crysis with the Entropia Universe HUD implemented.  This is EU, it will have its own style.

You missed my point, I was talking about MA's track record with the previous engine(s) , not exactly shiny, If you ask the people in the know. They could have achieved alot higher with the current engine. Did they? No. Could they have made a crysis-lookalike game with the existing engine, sure it would have been harder and would have required about the same amount of effort if not more... But did they? No.

'Eye candy' is the first thing that comes into my mind when I see Crysis and quite a few other games, but as I have said before, the current system is a lemon and CryEngine is an apple, all you'd be doing is placing the lemons (EU) interior inside an apples skin :-p

I know they've said they want to improve the gameplay and have made more events, but its too little too late, that should have been done at launch, same with the quest system that marco wants.

Anyway, that is beyond the scope of the thread :-p