Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New comp specs.....tell me what you think

2»

Comments

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170
    Originally posted by robbykl1415

I also like HP, so we have one thing in common.  But I must tell you from what I'v read and everything AMDs suck for gaming.
    I dont know if thats a fact but it seems to be a.....how do you say.....I dont know the word but a lot of people seem to agree on that aspect of computing.

That Intel's CPUs perform better pretty much comes down to whether you're dropping the cash on one of their higher end models that outclass AMD's.  If you are buying mid-range (anything sub-$250) they are very competitive.

I believe the Q9400 you're getting benchmarks right around the Phenom II 940 and they're both the same price, though Intel based mobo's tend to be a little more expensive.. but still they are very competitive with each other atm.

• robbykl1415robbykl1415 Member Posts: 294
    Originally posted by DeeJay612

Your machine seems pretty decent to me...but don't ask for opinions and then complain about the responses.  Everyone isn't going to automatically sing hyms of praise and build a statue commemorating your pc purchase.

Its just called commen decency thats all.

I only ask for what I give.

The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced.-
    Frank Zappa

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Why trust HP? Their computers and customer service are horrible, and they have been found to use refurbished parts in new PCs.

You asked for an opinion. If you don't expect to get your setup criticized, then don't ask.

• RaizeenRaizeen Member Posts: 622

i buildt my own and its alot better and cheaper then fuking HP lol

Intel Core i7 920, 2.66Ghz, 8MB Cache

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5, LGA1366

Ram 6GB 3x2GB DDR3 1333Mhz, A-Data XPG Extreme Edition Vitesta

2TB, 2 x 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 32MB S-ATA II, 7200rpm

2 x Geforce GTX 260 216-pipes, 896MB

LG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray (läsare) / DVD±RW

and blabla the rest of the usual stuff

• facehuggafacehugga Member Posts: 21

Personally i dont really like brandmade systems like HP, IBM etc.

Mine:

Enermax Big Chakra Tower with 850W

Asus Striker II Formula 780i Chipset

Intel Q9550  4x2,83 GHz

8 GB 1066 RAM

ATI 4870x2 with 2x1GB DDR5 RAM

2 DVD/CD Re-Writers (Samsung & LG)

Apacer Multicardreader internal

Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion

2x650 GB WD HD

1x750 GB Seagate HD

Win XP64 Pro

If i was you i would not take Vista home pro. I had this before and had loads of troubles getting the 4870x2 properly run (maybe its now better with ccc9.2). If you choose Vista, then take Vista Ultimate 64

With XP64 everythings running really fine, nice and slow. Even DirectX10 is not (yet) supportet but i guess even without that you got a hot configuration with this above, ok it maybe costs a bit more. Its hard to say because i live in Switzerland so i dont really know the prices which must be much lower than in this dam* expensive country here :P

Enermax Big Chakra
    Intel Q9550 (4x 2,83) - 8 GB RAM (1066)
    ATI 4870x2 - SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
    2 x 650GB & 750GB

Personally i dont really like brandmade systems like HP, IBM etc.

Mine:

Enermax Big Chakra Tower with 850W

Asus Striker II Formula 780i Chipset

Intel Q9550 4x2,83 GHz (running on 1366FSB)

8 GB 1066 RAM

ATI 4870x2 with 2x1GB DDR5 RAM

2 DVD/CD Re-Writers (Samsung & LG)

Apacer Multicardreader internal

Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion

2x650 GB WD HD

1x750 GB Seagate HD

Win XP64 Pro

If i was you i would not take Vista home pro. I had this before and had loads of troubles getting the 4870x2 properly run (maybe its now better with ccc9.2). If you choose Vista, then take Vista Ultimate 64

With XP64 everythings running really fine, nice and slow. Even DirectX10 is not (yet) supportet but i guess even without that you got a hot configuration with this above, ok it maybe costs a bit more. Its hard to say because i live in Switzerland so i dont really know the prices which must be much lower than in this dam* expensive country here :P

The point is: you can upgrade a system like the above one everytime without any problems.

Enermax Big Chakra
    2 x 650GB & 750GB

whoops sorry for doublepost - seems like a bit lag

Enermax Big Chakra
    2 x 650GB & 750GB