Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Devs, we need third person view.

Comments

• L1ghtsabeRL1ghtsabeR Member Posts: 102
    Originally posted by trembulant

I think it sucks ass, the game seems like it could be really awesome, but it blows goats that they won't even have the option of zooming out.
    If someone wants to play in first person, they can, if someone wants to play in 3rd they should be able to, who's to say which is more immersive?
    What's the point of alienating people in todays tooth and nail market?
    It's the Unreal engine for frik sake, what a waste of a liscense.

Are you just trolling or did you not even read the post that I made just before you?! I gave very clear reasons as to why adding TPV is out of the question.

You say not adding TPV will alienate people. Well, adding TPV will alienate people as well, since when TPV is in everyone who wants to play competitively will be FORCED to use TPV, since it gives them advantages in combat.

So it's a councious choice by the developers, they wish to cater for the people who understand the benefits of FPV. The people who refuse to try it can stick to other games.

• drag9999drag9999 Member Posts: 252
    Originally posted by L1ghtsabeR

Are you just trolling or did you not even read the post that I made just before you?! I gave very clear reasons as to why adding TPV is out of the question.
    You say not adding TPV will alienate people. Well, adding TPV will alienate people as well, since when TPV is in everyone who wants to play competitively will be FORCED to use TPV, since it gives them advantages in combat.
    So it's a councious choice by the developers, they wish to cater for the people who understand the benefits of FPV. The people who refuse to try it can stick to other games.

I so second that.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

I indulge you to go and read the various topics discussing FPV and TPV on the MO official forums.
    - I have 
    How is it a terrible mistake to not add TPV? Care to explain in detail?
    - I already explained in my previous post one aspect of how adding a TPV can enhance a players game play.
    FPV a game design decision made by the devs, many of the core features of MO, like the combat system, are designed around the fact that the game will be FPV and FPV only. If they were to add TPV in this stage they would have to redesign quite a few of the games features, which will add months to the development time and also steer the game away from its original concept, which is a fully FPV experience.
    - Thats perfectly fine, TBH I don't know why you went on a Rant here.
     How exactly is interaction with the environment more realistic in TPV?
    -  Watching your character  doing animations of; pulling / pushing a wagon full of loot or harvested material,   holding the reigns of a mount,  pushing the door open as you walk through a castle doorway,   pouring tar on your enemies as they try to siege a castle, jumping from the edge of the moat onto the vines that have crept up the castle wall.   
    In FPV most of these actions are just;  you moving and the wagon following, or you with your "face" against the object, the mount is just there,  a bucket and a hand are shown on the screen,  the player watches the ground and the camera jerks up towards the sky when you reach the castle wall.
    I'd say it's quite the opposite. In FPV you see the world and interact with the world as if you are the character, you see the world through the eyes of your character. In TPV you are the puppet master who's hovering above the character and manipulating it.
    - Thats your Opinion and I can respect that.  BTW you are actually looking at the world through a wide angle camera, and not a players eyes.
     How can you state that melee combat will always look more fluid and professional in TPV? That's a completely subjective opinion and there is no factual proof to back that claim. I'd say games like Mount&Blade and Dark Messiah have very fluid melee combat.
    - Mount & Blade isn't a very good example, since 90% of the videos (Youtube) melee is done in TPV, and if you don't think watching a player; set, swing, follow through looks more professional and fluid, than half an arm and sword moving frantically across the screen I will respect your opinion.  
    Furthermore, even if you believe that every FPV melee combat game to date has not been fluid, how on earth can you claim MO won't be?
    - Please point to me where I said " Every FPV melee combat game to date has not been fluid " and related it back to MO. 
    Again, claiming that "a game can be much more dynamic, and a lot more fun when using multiple viewing perspectives" is a completely subjective opinion and should not be stated as fact.
    - This is how you state a fact:
    1) A game is much more dynamic, and a lot more fun when using multiple viewng perspectives.
    - This is how you state an opinion:
    2) A game can be much more dynamic, and a lot more fun when using multiple viewing perspectives.
    I did number 2 so please tell me why you are stating my opinion as a fact?
    Furthermore, playing in TPV has many advantages over FPV, so basically adding TPV would mean that all competitive players would be forced to play in TPV all the time, since it will give them the edge in battle.
    - That has nothing to do with POV, but how the game mechanics were designed. 
    - the developers believe that for their game FPV will provide a more immersive gaming experience. (Note: they are not saying FPV is more immersive than TPV in all games, they are just saying that it's more immersive in the game that they have made.)
    - TBH the only intelligent thing in your post is the last statement.

Next time spend more time reading what you are replying to so I don't have go through and discredit every stupid remark you make.

Originally posted by thinktank001

Thats perfectly fine, TBH I don't know why you went on a Rant here.
    - Where was I ranting? I was explaining why it's a bad idea to add TPV in this stage of development.
     Watching your character doing animations of; pulling / pushing a wagon full of loot or harvested material, holding the reigns of a mount, pushing the door open as you walk through a castle doorway, pouring tar on your enemies as they try to siege a castle, jumping from the edge of the moat onto the vines that have crept up the castle wall.
    In FPV most of these actions are just; you moving and the wagon following, or you with your "face" against the object, the mount is just there, a bucket and a hand are shown on the screen, the player watches the ground and the camera jerks up towards the sky when you reach the castle wall.
    - But everything you described is not realistic. You can't magically see yourself interacting with the environment in TPV in the real world and if realism is what you strive for then you shouldn't be able to do that in the game either.

If you are behind a battering ram for example and are pushing it forward, then you shouldn't be able to see what's going on in front of you. This is how it is in FPV and it's a hell of a lot more immersive than being able to magically see over the battering ram by zooming out into TPV.
    Mount & Blade isn't a very good example, since 90% of the videos (Youtube) melee is done in TPV, and if you don't think watching a player; set, swing, follow through looks more professional and fluid, than half an arm and sword moving frantically across the screen I will respect your opinion.
    - Personally I don't think it looks more fluid in TPV. In my eyes it's a lot more realistic to play M&B in FPV, it really gives you the feeling that you are actually in the middle of the battle and it takes a lot more skill to be able to do well when you can't see 360 degrees around your character.
    Please point to me where I said " Every FPV melee combat game to date has not been fluid " and related it back to MO.
    - You said "Melee combat will always look more fluid and professional if done with a TPV", which implies that you think FPV combat is not fluid. This topic is about MO and we are discussing MO, so everything relates back to MO. Stop trying to go back on your words.
    This is how you state a fact:
    1) A game is much more dynamic, and a lot more fun when using multiple viewng perspectives.
    This is how you state an opinion:
    2) A game can be much more dynamic, and a lot more fun when using multiple viewing perspectives.
    I did number 2 so please tell me why you are stating my opinion as a fact?
    - So you agree that MO can be much more dynamic and a lot more fun with only FPV?
    That has nothing to do with POV, but how the game mechanics were designed.
    - It has a lot to do with PoV, since MO has been designed as a FPV game and TPV would give players an advantage due to having a better view of their surroundings. This means that all competitive players would use TPV, thus forcing those players who'd actually like to play in FPV to switch to TPV as well to stay competitive.
    Next time spend more time reading what you are replying to so I don't have go through and discredit every stupid remark you make.
    - I have read every argument there is against FPV in the past 10 months I've been following MO and have countered every single one of them. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't make my remarks stupid. On the other hand, you claiming that the arguments people who disagree with you make are stupid makes you look rather childish.

Why do we not see people who play FPS games complaining about FPV? Easy, it's because there is nothing wrong with FPV. It's only the people who are not familiar and comfortable with FPV who constantly claim that it's a terrible design decision by the developers.

I'm not saying FPV is perfect in todays games, the lack of perephrial vision is an issue, but FPS gamers have learned to compensate for that by simply looking around with their mouse and keeping a closer eye on their surroundings.

It comes down to personal preference, but claiming that FPV is a bad design choice is simply arrogant, especially if you haven't actually tried the game yet.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

- Where was I ranting? I was explaining why it's a bad idea to add TPV in this stage of development.

+ Its a rant because you went off-topic on the Dev's design decision, and did not discuss solely on FPV vs. TPV.   Granted it was still nice information on their decision. 

- But everything you described is not realistic. You can't magically see yourself interacting with the environment in TPV in the real world and if realism is what you strive for then you shouldn't be able to do that in the game either.

+ TPV isn't about how you are viewing a character, but about the increase in self awareness with in the environment.   In FPV you are stuck with focusing only on these tasks, and have no idea what is around you, but that just isn't true irl.  If a person jumps off the ledge they don't watch ledge, but look ahead to where they are jumping.   If your pushing/pulling an object you don't watch the object 100% of the time, but you grasp it and look ahead.   When you open a door your automatically know where the handle is, and you are looking ahead to see what is inside.  
    The mundane tasks that require 100% attention in FPV don't accurately portray a person's awareness of their surroundings.

If you are behind a battering ram for example and are pushing it forward, then you shouldn't be able to see what's going on in front of you. This is how it is in FPV and it's a hell of a lot more immersive than being able to magically see over the battering ram by zooming out into TPV.

+ You are touting a TPV that is much more free than what I had envisioned.   Of course you would probably know that if you actually did read my previous posts.

- Personally I don't think it looks more fluid in TPV. In my eyes it's a lot more realistic to play M&B in FPV, it really gives you the feeling that you are actually in the middle of the battle and it takes a lot more skill to be able to do well when you can't see 360 degrees around your character.

+ Again you aren't reading my previous posts, and throwing your own ideas on what you believe about TPV .  I never ever said the TPV should have unlimited freedom (360 degree rotation, fairly far zoom out function), and I can surely respect your opinion on M&B + FPV.

- You said "Melee combat will always look more fluid and professional if done with a TPV", which implies that you think FPV combat is not fluid. This topic is about MO and we are discussing MO, so everything relates back to MO. Stop trying to go back on your words.

+ Stop quoting my words and adding your own delusional shit to it, and I'll ask you to prove where I had stated, " that every FPV melee combat game to date has not been fluid, how on earth can you claim MO won't be? "  

- So you agree that MO can be much more dynamic and a lot more fun with only FPV?
    + Where did I agree that MO can more dynamic and fun with only FPV, and why did you answer my question with your own question?

- It has a lot to do with PoV, since MO has been designed as a FPV game and TPV would give players an advantage due to having a better view of their surroundings. This means that all competitive players would use TPV, thus forcing those players who'd actually like to play in FPV to switch to TPV as well to stay competitive.
    + The point I was trying to get across to you (it failed obviously) is if a game is built with both TPV and FPV in mind, then no one will be at a disadvantage.

- I have read every argument there is against FPV in the past 10 months I've been following MO and have countered every single one of them. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't make my remarks stupid. On the other hand, you claiming that the arguments people who disagree with you make are stupid makes you look rather childish.
    + Yeah failing to answer questions in my posts, and trying to tell another person their opinion is wrong and touting it with the remark that it was a game design choice really makes you look all grown up.  TBH it makes you look like a blind Fanboi.

Why do we not see people who play FPS games complaining about FPV? Easy, it's because there is nothing wrong with FPV.  

O wow that completely explains everything.  My facet doesn't leak because I have not complained to the landlord. 

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

Obviously proving that this game doesn't meet your expectations, and jumping on users , leads me to ask: wtf are you trying to achieve here ?
    Simple: don't want fpv, don't touch it even with a stick.

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

+ TPV isn't about how you are viewing a character, but about the increase in self awareness with in the environment. In FPV you are stuck with focusing only on these tasks, and have no idea what is around you, but that just isn't true irl. If a person jumps off the ledge they don't watch ledge, but look ahead to where they are jumping. If your pushing/pulling an object you don't watch the object 100% of the time, but you grasp it and look ahead. When you open a door your automatically know where the handle is, and you are looking ahead to see what is inside.
    The mundane tasks that require 100% attention in FPV don't accurately portray a person's awareness of their surroundings.

- In TPV you have more self awareness than you would in real life, in FPV you have less. It's a matter of preference. Some people like the challenge FPV brings to the game, others don't.

I have no idea what those examples you provided have to do with PoV. I have no problem doing any of those things in FPV and I don't feel that it takes some super human level of attention. I'm sure most players who are experienced with FPS's and other FPV games would agree.
    + You are touting a TPV that is much more free than what I had envisioned. Of course you would probably know that if you actually did read my previous posts.

- Even with a limited locked TPV you will still have an unrealistically wide PoV which allows you to see around corners and over objects. FPV doesn't allow this, which is why I feel it provides a much more realistic and enthrilling gaming experience.

+ Again you aren't reading my previous posts, and throwing your own ideas on what you believe about TPV . I never ever said the TPV should have unlimited freedom (360 degree rotation, fairly far zoom out function), and I can surely respect your opinion on M&B + FPV.

- Again, even with a locked TPV you can still see behind your character which makes playing the game a lot easier.

+ Stop quoting my words and adding your own delusional shit to it, and I'll ask you to prove where I had stated, " that every FPV melee combat game to date has not been fluid, how on earth can you claim MO won't be? "

- So basically you are resorting to calling my posts "delusional shit" because you don't wish to stand by what you said. Whatever floats your boat.
    I already answered your accusation in my last post.

+ Where did I agree that MO can more dynamic and fun with only FPV, and why did you answer my question with your own question?

- You said that you are not stating it as a fact that multiple PoV's make the game more dynamic and fun. You said that it's only your opinion. Opinions are usually based on past experiences and since you have not played MO you have no way of knowing if MO is or is not more fun and dynamic with multiple PoV's.
    I answered your question with a question to confirm if I understood you correctly that you are willing to accept that since you have no experience with MO's FPV-only gameplay it might be more fun and dynamic than having multiple PoV's.

+ The point I was trying to get across to you (it failed obviously) is if a game is built with both TPV and FPV in mind, then no one will be at a disadvantage.
    - But here's where you are dead wrong and if you had actually understood my previous posts then you would know why.

When both TPV and FPV are available, then competitive players will 90% of the time use TPV, since it gives them an advantage in combat. This basically means that the players who'd rather play in FPV are forced to use TPV.

The fact is that MO has been built with only FPV in mind, it's a FPV game. You might as well go and ask Infinity Ward to add TPV to CoD: Moder Warfare 2. The game just wouldn't work in TPV since it's never been designed with that in mind.
    + Yeah failing to answer questions in my posts, and trying to tell another person their opinion is wrong and touting it with the remark that it was a game design choice really makes you look all grown up. TBH it makes you look like a blind Fanboi.

- So basically I'm a fanboy and not grown up, because I disagree with you? I've answered every quote and line in your posts, at least the ones worth responding to. Yet all you do is claim that I don't read your posts (propably because you just can't find good counter arguments).

I'm not trying to tell you that your opinions are wrong, you have the right to like TPV. You were the one who came here and started spouting that making the game FPV is a "terrible mistake", you were the one who came here trying to force your preferences onto people who are anticipating a FPV MMORPG.

Ok, hope this amuses you for a bit. I'm off for the weekend, cya on monday.

• anakinsellaanakinsella Member UncommonPosts: 228

I disagree. They need to keep it all in first-person, or none at all imo.

It's unique for an MMORPG, I like the idea of it and wish Darkfall always stayed in FP view.

• ThaBadManThaBadMan Member UncommonPosts: 23

For those of u who dont like first person view, try to play Oblivion a few hours in fpv and you will love it

It is so exiting going in a dark cave in fpv and wonder if that goblin, skeleton or even troll just starts mashing ur back, that is what can make an mmorpg very very epic. So we dont need 3rd person, we need 1ST PERSON VIEW.

A wise man does not fear, a man afraid does not think.

Two little goblins out in the sun, down came a griffin.
    Then there was one.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

I read that in MO, you always play in first person view. Its only when you are mounted that you play in third person view. Anyway, this game is a mmorpg and we will play with the same character for more then a month or more then a year. I also create my character and all. Why MO devs dont want to add manual togglelable third person view for melee and range? Its a mmorpg. Not battle field. I want to feel like im playing an mmorpg, i never played an mmorpg in fps all the way and i will never start to do it, so i hope MO will think about their decision again about lock view on fps only

I prefer first person view.  In oblivion, I only use first person, unless im riding on a horse.  If an mmorpg incorpates that same outlook that oblivion has, then I would gladly play it.

• SephzSephz Member Posts: 37

I really fail to understand why some people make such a big deal outta this.

Why not give the game a chance, play it for a bit and then decide whether you like it or not?

And why would it be wrong to have FPV in an mmorpg? Personally, i think it can be a lot of fun, it just depends on the time and effort the devs put into the design, mechanics and gameplay.

Some will like it, some won't.. it's like that with all games, if you don't, just play or wait for a game you do like.

As an UO vet, i'm really looking forward to this game, hope it gives back that mmo-feeling and the fun i once had. *fingers crossed*

• trembulanttrembulant Member Posts: 101

Yeah i read it, but i don't care, i think your wrong, and i still think it sucks, it's a stupid idea period.

• BifkekBifkek Member UncommonPosts: 17

As long as I don't have to constantly fight ragged civilians and giant bugs, FPV is fine.

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549

WoW Deja vu. I read a thread like this 8 months to a year ago. With the same people posting in it.

Alright more niche game drama.

For some reason the niche community reminds me of squidward. Specialy post  # 26 & 27 and there sigs.

• bigfishcjpbigfishcjp Member UncommonPosts: 6

I'm really really itching for a good game format like Mortal Online.  So far it looks perfect except the 1st person view.  This is a game breaker for me. I don't want to feel like I'm at the arcade which this would be too FPS'ish.  Just not my style. I like panning out looking at my character in full view and admiring him - watching as I fight.  I like being able to fraps fights and view tactics from above to learn. It's what does it for me in a game is the fluidity of pvp as I watch both myself and the opponent go at it. 

Hate to say this, and I have many friends who agree, if you don't allow a 3rd person view with camera control this will not be on my shopping list. I've played all mmorpgs and been around a while so I know what much of the mmorpg community tends to like and not like.  Many of you 1st person viewers most likely love the FPS games. 

I say just allow both views, give the user the choice to choose if they pvp in 1st or 3rd.  Not that difficult and you consume both markets given that both 1st person and 3rd person preferenced viewers would have one thing in common, we both like the pvp format of this game.  Just allow both.

NOTE: I wish they'd create the following game ---

1) The end game of Everquest I and lore of Everquest I

2) The pvp/combat system of AoC and the music/beauty/character graphics/spell effects of that game

3) The realm vs. realm of DAoC

4) The non-leveling skill-based open pvp format of Mortal Online/Darkfall

5) The expansiveness/size of Vanguard

6) WEATHER! Good weather with the rare tornado, hurricane, blizzard - dark storm clouds at times (immersion) Mortal Online I saw some dark weather with lightning in the distance that looks good!

7) THIRD PERSON F'ING VIEW!

Ahhh the wonderful days of Everquest winding down a good raid and heading to the Eastern Commonlands to the tunnel to duel and look at everyone! Those were the days.

• heimer1973heimer1973 Member Posts: 93

Yes 3'rd person view please.

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665

I would have agreed with the whole yeah give me a third person view argument until I played oblivion and fallout 3 almost exclusivly in first person and it was great, I dont really have a problem with the first person aspect of the game now.

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

The people who want it to be fpv only want this game to tank. People fear change, but more importantly people get used to certain things in an MMO that are automatically associated with one. The greatest example of those "MMO constants" is third person view.

Please, for the love of GOD do NOT ruin this godsend of a game with fpv only. Forcing players into doing something always is a BAD idea, the primary rule of thumb in an MMO is more freedom of choice for the player = good thing, and more restrictions and confinement to how they can play and enjoy their character = game breaking. I personally know this as a fact, due in part that over 11 guilds from several other, and including mmorpg.com, have sworn off MO (at the expense of some tears) due to fpv only. It's just simply NOT an mmo element.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• gurugeorgegurugeorge Member UncommonPosts: 481

Frankly, it seems absurd in this day and age, when most MMOs you can zoom in if you want (certainly in the two I play, Vanguard and City of Heroes/Villaims).  Sometimes it's nice to play in first person, most of the time it's best to play in third person. 

Third person is actuallly more immersive than first person most of the time, except in the context of claustrophobic, fear-based gameplay.  Why?  Because third person mimics our own natural situational awareness (our eyes are constantly scanning all around us, as well as our ears tracking sounds from all directions, and we unconsciously build up a sense of what's around us from that).  First person mimics the "tunnel vision" you have when you are scared, and is indeed deeply immersive, but really only for that kind of scary gameplay.

I dunno, on the one hand, I can't see myself playing an MMO that's limited to one perspective.

OTOH I can understand that the devs might be making this restrictive policy from a gameplay point of view, and I would certainly give the game a chance to prove itself in this regard, but I can't see myself getting into the roleplaying element so much in a first-person only game, simply because I wouldn't be constantly seeing my character, admiring her looking cool with new upgrades, etc., etc.

Again, normally we have a pretty good idea of what we ourselves look like in real life, and that is not mimicked by first person perspective, but by third person perspective.

• RaknarRaknar Member Posts: 192

Thats perfectly fine, TBH I don't know why you went on a Rant here.
     Watching your character doing animations of; pulling / pushing a wagon full of loot or harvested material, holding the reigns of a mount, pushing the door open as you walk through a castle doorway, pouring tar on your enemies as they try to siege a castle, jumping from the edge of the moat onto the vines that have crept up the castle wall.
    In FPV most of these actions are just; you moving and the wagon following, or you with your "face" against the object, the mount is just there, a bucket and a hand are shown on the screen, the player watches the ground and the camera jerks up towards the sky when you reach the castle wall.

Mount & Blade isn't a very good example, since 90% of the videos (Youtube) melee is done in TPV, and if you don't think watching a player; set, swing, follow through looks more professional and fluid, than half an arm and sword moving frantically across the screen I will respect your opinion.
    Please point to me where I said " Every FPV melee combat game to date has not been fluid " and related it back to MO.
    This is how you state a fact:
    1) A game is much more dynamic, and a lot more fun when using multiple viewng perspectives.
    This is how you state an opinion:
    I did number 2 so please tell me why you are stating my opinion as a fact?
    That has nothing to do with POV, but how the game mechanics were designed.

Why do we not see people who play FPS games complaining about FPV? Easy, it's because there is nothing wrong with FPV. It's only the people who are not familiar and comfortable with FPV who constantly claim that it's a terrible design decision by the developers.

I'm not saying FPV is perfect in todays games, the lack of perephrial vision is an issue, but FPS gamers have learned to compensate for that by simply looking around with their mouse and keeping a closer eye on their surroundings.

It comes down to personal preference, but claiming that FPV is a bad design choice is simply arrogant, especially if you haven't actually tried the game yet.

You generally don't see people in FPS games complaining about FPV  because pretty much all you do in a FPS is shoot. What little interaction with the environment is mostly pushing buttons on the wall.  Now, imagine playing Tomb Raider or Assasin's Creed in FPV with the swinging, climbing and jumping. Jumping puzzles in FPV tend to suck, which is why it is rarely a big part of FPS.

Also, the social activities in a MMO, such as dancing and other emotes don't lend themselves well to a FPV. MMOs are a much different beast than a shooter. Now if what they are going for is a shooter with fantasy elements, that is fine. If they are going for a virtual world to role-play as well as fight in, I feel a FPV is very limiting.

As to the realism factor, TPV does a better job there. It simulates the positional awareness and peripheral vision we have in real life better than FPV, which is a tunnel-vision simulator. In real life, we CAN see what is behind us without turning around with a quick glance over shoulders. We CAN see around corners by peeking. As long as you cannot zoom out, TPV really gives no more than what you would generally be aware of in real life.

When climbing or walking a balance beam or any other acrobatic activity in real life, we know where out limbs are, either through looking and see them, or through proprioception. TPV simulates that by showing the whole body. FPV doesn't, as you only see the small field of view directly ahead, and maybe your hands. Climbing becomes levitating in front of a wall or ladder.

• ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418

damn first person view only? well that has made me lose all interest.

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

Originally posted by ronan32
    damn first person view only? well that has made me lose all interest.
    Good for you, good for us.
    Plenty other tpv games to choose, more to come.

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

• luckturtzluckturtz Member Posts: 422

Half the fun is seeing your armor,weapons and characters.It bad choice not to have that option when it will be in the game already.Think about it.

• AyanokiAyanoki Member Posts: 2

Why not leave that up to the gamer to decide, after all we are all different and enjoy seeing the game in different views? A option for third person would have been complete. There is nothing wrong with enjoying to see your characters armor, sword that you worked for years to get.

I was really hyped about this game until "First person only". Lastly there is nothing wrong with letting us choose how we play the game. It is simple make 3rd person option and you double your value!

• ProminentProminent Member Posts: 51

You will be able to see your armor etc ... paperdoll, etc ... I would not be surprised if we can get up a window seeing us in TP, but only us without any environment or see other mobs.