Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Game Sucks

2»

Comments

• VishiAnandVishiAnand Member Posts: 239

If the game  sucks, why bother posting here? also, you have to know the game entirely 1st before you can make any judgement on how good the game actually is.

• pinoyjesterpinoyjester Member Posts: 81

i dont know if i replied to this thread before but here is my say...

This game for me doesnt suck and i know that others dont find this game exciting due to its turnbased battle system.

For me the just doing the quests makes the gaming experience worth it!

Also, i find the turn based battle system appealing and a break from the usual hack and slash WOW clones out in the market...

• TuxedoSLYTuxedoSLY Ultima Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 93

I'm a long time MMO player, started with Ultima Online when I was like 15 and have played a ton since. That doesn't mean my opinion is woth more than anyone elses, but my experience might shed light on the reason I did not stick with this one-very little role playing immersion. It feels very limited in it's "go here, do this" system.

I'm also not going to say Darkfall is the only hope for MMO's because I've taken a look at it and am very skeptical. Seems like a major gank fest in the works. 

Atlantica just seemed so generic outside of it's battle system, which was cool, but again totally took me out of the immersion of actually living in a persistent world. Not only that but the dialogue and translations are embarassing in a lot of parts.

So, Atlantica was okay, nice battle system, graphics were decent, but in the end it just wasn't enough to overcome what I, and this is a personal opinion, was looking for.

I don't think it deserves to be no. 1, but when that kind of stuff is subjective, how do you determine what's the best?

• PadmeElissePadmeElisse Member Posts: 5

For some they don't prefer a turn base game, but all I can say is that we all have different opinions and likes...

For me I like the game, never happened that i got bored on it ,,because this game has a lot of features..

It has a crafting, free league and betting system, so when I don't want to grind I used to join free league and bet...It's cool to earn gold from betting..hahaha

• pinoyjesterpinoyjester Member Posts: 81
    Originally posted by PadmeElisse

For some they don't prefer a turn base game, but all I can say is that we all have different opinions and likes...

For me I like the game, never happened that i got bored on it ,,because this game has a lot of features..

It has a crafting, free league and betting system, so when I don't want to grind I used to join free league and bet...It's cool to earn gold from betting..hahaha

yup i too enjoy crafting and betting to get away from the usual grinding that is why i like the game so much...

the quest seems repetitive sometime but is very enjoyable when your in a party

• wocamaiwocamai Member Posts: 2

Even when in a party, it still gets kinda boring.

• dragonandantdragonandant Member Posts: 1

Meh, I tried it, I like it, and so I'm going to probably stick with it till Aion is released in the west. I've introduced it to some of my friends, and it is hit and miss with them. Mind you these are a variety of gamers. The ones that hated it simply didn't like the management aspect of it. They prefered having just one character they needed to focus on and that was it. Of course in Atlantica you have a whole formation of characters you have to worry about. Some didn't like the turn based combat, and preferred flowing combat. The ones that did love the game, simply loved the strategy involved with it. So in other words it simply depends on what type of gamer you are for this to be a hit or a miss with you. It simply sucks because its not your type of game, but the game itself doesn't suck, otherwise not many people would be playing it.

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

This game does have somthing new... but not what i was looking for,well it was fun while it lasted

il just w8 for the next free mmorpg to come. 

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• Nephilim26Nephilim26 Member Posts: 118

you cant say the game sucks if you havent try it yet or already do but just for a coupl;e of days only ....

because this game for me really get my attention on how to play  strategically... not just hack and slash your enemy.... give more time and you will know the differences of this game we play  and the one that you play...

]chow!!!

• drasilgamedrasilgame Member Posts: 58

It's just final fantasy for poor people. Except without cutscenes.

• trapezoniantrapezonian Member Posts: 124

I don't know how did the topic start came up with a zero rate on combat and play. The battle system of Atlantica Online is its greatest feature. It's more complicated than chess because there are lots of different combinations that you could make out of the different types of mercenaries. You can even switch mercenaries during battle and there could be 20 slots in the mercenary room. It's also like a sports game that you can make substitutions when other players are tired. You have to counter your opponent's line up and when you change your line up during battle, your opponent can change back also. It's complicated than everyone else think it is, so I don't know where he got that zero rating. Maybe he didn't think about it and just clicked on the monsters during battle and thought it was simple. In the Free League you won't win without strategies.

• Darkheart00Darkheart00 Member Posts: 521
    Originally posted by drasilgame

It's just final fantasy for poor people. Except without cutscenes.

I would not say FF since the newer ones combat system are far different than this game is throw back to orginal JRPG turn based system, it has pretty good crafting system but has share of drawbacks (dialogue, character custom). Combat system feels unqiue so it is drawing me in after playing every other MMO out there (currently playing LOTRO as well). I am enjoying this more than lets say Last remanant paid 39.99 for that game :p.

• vonkeitzvonkeitz Member Posts: 166

for me this very challenging. thinking first before you made your actions. i know it takes time to wait for your turn but this will be a nice opportunity to plan on how you defeat you opponents

• elit3gam3relit3gam3r Member Posts: 186
    Originally posted by wocamai

Even when in a party, it still gets kinda boring.

wow great. maybe you should try to play it first before you say it is boring and maybe you're not in to this game that's why you said that kind of trash...we are gamers thats why i'm still thinking twice, a more than a million times just to understand you're opinion.cuz i dont get it

Luminary: Rise of the GoonZu player

• dubistblaudubistblau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 274

the game dosn't actually sucks if you would ask me. some parts of it really do but not everything in it. like every game that exists, it has its positive and negative sides and these sides vary amongst gamers' point of views. personally, i like battle system which we all know is turn-based (like final fantasy). i really didn't enjoy final fantasy that much because i didn't have my own console back then. Atlantica paved the way for me into the turn-bsaed battle system. its pretty much not like chess as other people say. the good thing is, battling out in this game requires good skills and presence of mind. and lastly, i reall don't like the notices that pop-up your screen while playing. its pretty much annoying. haha! well, i m no expert but you guys can ask me and ill try my best to answer your questions, regarding everything. :D peace!

• DragonOrderDragonOrder Member Posts: 16

This game really is horrible.  I would have liked it back in 1990 mabye.  It's about 15-20 years behind being fun.

• RepeatDiscRepeatDisc Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by DragonOrder

This game really is horrible.  I would have liked it back in 1990 mabye.  It's about 15-20 years behind being fun.

1990 is a huge stretch there, buddy. A game like this probably wouldn't have been possible until the late 90s or early 2000s.

Goodbye, my strange pain, number 28.

• Darkheart00Darkheart00 Member Posts: 521
    Originally posted by RepeatDisc

Originally posted by DragonOrder

1990 is a huge stretch there, buddy. A game like this probably wouldn't have been possible until the late 90s or early 2000s.

More like 2004 if you look at the specs, the graphics are quite nice IMO it looks better than most MMOs out there. It is instanced however but the game world is quite large.

• VishiAnandVishiAnand Member Posts: 239
    Originally posted by lagercho

Well since it is my first opinion here you can judge me. I am really experienced player in Atlantica Online because i get 3 chars. lvl 100+. Ive played all classes and trust me its grind based game. Not worth playing unless you spend real money in it. Why? For example because high lvl equipment costs like 20~50m per piece and imagine you got 9 in total characters so you have to equip them all. There are two possible choise of doing it - use power up shop or grind like hell. Ive been playing since CB but still not worth it, thats the reason i left the game and sold my characters. Sorry for my poor english.

LOLZ. You are lying. I can tell. You never reached anything close to level 10. Your comments are all newbie-like. and its more on destroying the image of the game rather than actually discussing what the game is about and what things you dislike about it.

Also, the item mall do not sells item, weapons, and/or armors that would give an unfair advantage to item mall buyers.

• impaktoimpakto Member Posts: 314
    Originally posted by zeato

i agree wid u :D turn-based in not for dumb who just want to click and farm..:P

the combat mode is for the ones who likes thinking. its a great opportunity for thinking and playing at the same time. you strategize with this game. you THINK!

• NightsorrowNightsorrow Member UncommonPosts: 109

Stop speak like you are smarter to play this, how is turn-based smarter than regular style e.g. "should I cast a fireball on A or B or heal myself or step back or...etc"?

This game isn't very suck, but neither good.

It is a regular quest based "Kill 10/10 pigs" game, in turn based clothing, with forced community (is "forced" good? I dunno).

And there are a lot to improve, in terms of system and control. For example, the camera view need a lot of work, or the beast summon skill is wasting your limited time, random stats but some are totally useless, etc etc.

MMO played (paid):
    AION
    DragonRaja
    Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Lineage
    Lineage 2
    Tibia
    Ultima Online
    Warhammer Online
    World of Warcraft

MMO tried:
    Atlantica Online
    Darkfall
    Dead Frontier
    Dungeon Runners
    EverQuest
    Lord of the Rings Online
    Monster Hunter Frontier Online
    Ragnarok Online
    Requiem
    Runes of Magic
    Runescape
    The 4th Coming

and some other Chinese/Korean or beta MMOs

• grandknightgrandknight Member Posts: 5

I agree. This game has wondeful potential, but it gets boring after a few battles. Every quest is exactly the same. Go kill some of these and pick up some of these. This game doesn't deserve to be in the top ten, but it isn't suckish either.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by grandknight

I agree. This game has wondeful potential, but it gets boring after a few battles. Every quest is exactly the same. Go kill some of these and pick up some of these. This game doesn't deserve to be in the top ten, but it isn't suckish either.

You forgot the "Go see this person" quest .  I admit that the game has weak points.  Mainly questing and roleplaying potential.  The Combat system more than makes up for that for me.  Not that it's a bad game, but this is what FFXI should've been like.

• WillClarkeWillClarke Member Posts: 41

I can tell that most of these comments are based on people that havent even spend an hour on this game.  The item mall gives no advantage whatsoever ingame,  You do not need to grind for hours to make money, logging in for 2 minutes a day can make you a huge amount of money once your mercenaries get high.  For example i make one mercenary indipendant and i get 2 colorful soul stones as a gift from him, worth a total of 1bn market price.  +2 freezing (100 gear) is 20m a part so really easy to equip all mercenaries.  When you reach level 90 yu can make millions without even knowing it so just saying the armor prices are outragous without getting close to the level to actually use them is hypercritical.

I have a lvl 105 character and a 95.  The community is mature and if you need help not one person ingame would hezitate to help you.  Even the best in their field, as for helping someone in Atlantica you get rewarded in stamina.