Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it good to be BORED after first 20 minutes before server crashes?

DaysGoneByDaysGoneBy Member Posts: 40

I created a character.  Worked fine.  Not enough options, but that's cool.

Enter the world from one of three possible areas.

I see two players around town.  One is sitting, the other running around exploring it looks like.

So I equip my only weapon, looks like a dagger.  I head out of the town to try and find some quick action.

I run.  I run a huge circle.  I see nothing.  I take no damage from anything.  Even from jumping from high on a cliff. 

You can climb mountains at ease.  Almost as fast, if not as fast as if it were flat terrain.  Kinda silly.

But for Christ's sake!  I see not one fucking monster of any kind running around in a giant circle around the outpost i started in.  I took no damage from anything.

I noticed that I could have chopped would or mined for stone. Great, I have no tools though.  I might could have casted a spell while running, but no staff.  No money to buy one.  Nothing to fight to get stuff or money.

Then the fucking game crashed, server down or whatever as I was headed back to town to look for players to maybe get some kindof action.

Sheesh.

Graphics are pretty damn good to be honest.  Clipping is bad.  World is too dark, but the shadows are nicely done.  Smooth running, I had no lag at all.

But god damn, I'm was so bored my first 20 minutes in the game, I'm going to bed.

I will try tomorrow, but right now I am less then inspired.

AV - Give us some shit to fight man.  Nothing is fun about running for 20 minutes and not seeing one freaking mob!

First reaction score - Graphics 8/10.  Gameplay: 2/10  Fun factor: 1/10, Overall 2/10  I hope it gets better!

Comments

• rr2realrr2real Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by DaysGoneBy

I see two players around town.  One is sitting, the other running around exploring it looks like.
    So I equip my only weapon, looks like a dagger.  I head out of the town to try and find some quick action.
    I run.  I run a huge circle.  I see nothing.  I take no damage from anything.  Even from jumping from high on a cliff. 
    You can climb mountains at ease.  Almost as fast, if not as fast as if it were flat terrain.  Kinda silly.
    But for Christ's sake!  I see not one fucking monster of any kind running around in a giant circle around the outpost i started in.  I took no damage from anything.
    I noticed that I could have chopped would or mined for stone. Great, I have no tools though.  I might could have casted a spell while running, but no staff.  No money to buy one.  Nothing to fight to get stuff or money.
    Then the fucking game crashed, server down or whatever as I was headed back to town to look for players to maybe get some kindof action.
    Sheesh.
    Graphics are pretty damn good to be honest.  Clipping is bad.  World is too dark, but the shadows are nicely done.  Smooth running, I had no lag at all.
    But god damn, I'm was so bored my first 20 minutes in the game, I'm going to bed.
    AV - Give us some shit to fight man.  Nothing is fun about running for 20 minutes and not seeing one freaking mob!
    First reaction score - Graphics 8/10.  Gameplay: 2/10  Fun factor: 1/10, Overall 2/10  I hope it gets better!

lol you fuckin noob you have to hunt the monsters they migrate from camp to camp

l2play

• KasmosKasmos Member UncommonPosts: 593

Sorry to hear about your experience, but the goblin camps are right outside of the starting towns (hint, they're on your map once you get the quests).

• khartman2005khartman2005 Member Posts: 477

Sheesh.

Fear not, it won't.

• warppwarpp Member Posts: 258

Sheesh.

Why do you take it up with Tasos and team....lol

Jah Rasta For I.
    The Wicked Shall Fall..

http://www.ethnic2020.com/images/Ebay/black-jesus.jpg

• JinxedGamingJinxedGaming Member Posts: 36

I had the same problem the first time I logged in.  There are goblin camps very close to all the starter towns, but you have to find them.  If you talk to the NPC near the bindstone, he'll give you a quest to kill them, and there locations will be added to your minimap.

Servers are back up!

• DaysGoneByDaysGoneBy Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by rr2real

lol you fuckin noob you have to hunt the monsters they migrate from camp to camp

l2play

Whatever fanboy.  Empty world.  You think it's a good thing to run miles and miles and not see anything?  I'll go outside and take a jog in my local park if I want to do that, better graphics, costs less, better for me, more fun too!  lol

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

and i am sure once people start pvping it will be alot more fun

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

l2play

LOL

• huxflux2004huxflux2004 Member Posts: 730

Sheesh.

l2play

of course. the AI is so advanced it is making fun of you.

• ShawkShawk Member Posts: 122

No cookie crumbs for you to follow eh?

Seriously, if you you need some kind of carrot running in front of you to have fun, the game probably is not for you. The focus on this game is community, go around and try to kill some goblins, group up with some other people, get some loot in your bag, get some gold in your bank, then maby join a guild and start doing some pvp.

Your not going to have fun if you just walk around picking out all the imperfections of the game.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Kind of pointless to dish out scores after just catching a first glimpse of a game, really.

• rr2realrr2real Member Posts: 448

l2play

Whatever fanboy.  Empty world.  You think it's a good thing to run miles and miles and not see anything?  I'll go outside and take a jog in my local park if I want to do that, better graphics, costs less, better for me, more fun too!  lol

maybe you should go for a jog fatty

• GuttsGutts Member Posts: 29

I don't want to be an asshole, but you're a nub.

Everything you are looking for is available you just have to look. The NPC you start by for example gives you a quest that gives locations on your map that are goblin spawns for you to hunt at. This will give you gold and fighting experience.

Go in to town and look around, if you find the right merchant they will give you a quest to harvest. This quest will give you a hatchet and a pick.

The game is not simple, it does not hold your hand but your inability to do anything was only because of your instant desires and lack of patience. 

I'll say this from my month experience in beta which was both solo and clan based, if you are not a patient person DO NOT play this game. If you are a patient person and enjoy PvP with minimalist restrictions, you will likely love this game.

• AragoniAragoni Member UncommonPosts: 384

First of all you must be fucking stupid if you think you have the right to review a game from 20mins of gameplay, especially a sandbox game.

Second of all this game is not for everyone. I agree, it wouldn't hurt the game if they added more mobs, and wildlife, but I had no difficulties in finding them in beta.

• SeytanSeytan Member Posts: 653
    Originally posted by huxflux2004

Sheesh.

l2play

of course. the AI is so advanced it is making fun of you.

Lmao, yep they are "migrating". Priceless.

• trallatralla Member Posts: 290

Sheesh.

Noone is forcing you to play.

Just stop playing.

• mcd6993mcd6993 Member UncommonPosts: 6

Well Fuck ! You didnt find anything for 20 minutes? I'm sure as hell not gonna get this game. Btw Days hurry up your Nax raid is about to start

Great community.

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

I think you should quit and sell me your account, but dont wait, do it immediately.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• APEistAPEist Member UncommonPosts: 409

Odd... during beta, there were 3 starting cities out of 18 that had bugged goblin spawns... may I ask which starter spot you chose?

I know that Inner Ormhold in the mahirim lands had bugged gob spawns... the town there is where I started.

I quickly managed to find spawns of kobolds elsewhere, however.

The noob formally not known as not being the formally not unkown known APEist; The Stone Cold Killer of Tarq.

• shaunak84shaunak84 Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Gutts

I don't want to be an asshole, but you're a nub.
    Everything you are looking for is available you just have to look. The NPC you start by for example gives you a quest that gives locations on your map that are goblin spawns for you to hunt at. This will give you gold and fighting experience.
    Go in to town and look around, if you find the right merchant they will give you a quest to harvest. This quest will give you a hatchet and a pick.
    The game is not simple, it does not hold your hand but your inability to do anything was only because of your instant desires and lack of patience. 
    I'll say this from my month experience in beta which was both solo and clan based, if you are not a patient person DO NOT play this game. If you are a patient person and enjoy PvP with minimalist restrictions, you will likely love this game.

This pretty much. There's a yellow dot on your mini-map. That's a quest giver. You take the quest and then it marks a spot on your mini-map where starters mobs are at.

If you were just wandering I can see how you'd miss the spawns. Depending on the starter city you choose they can be kind of "off the beaten path," compared to other starter cities where you have to be blind to miss them.

• saunasauna Member UncommonPosts: 62

I had lots of crashes and freezeups before I switched to the newest gfx driver, catalyst 9.2 or something.

Btw, talk to the closest npc's and take quests there and you'll get the goblin spawns on your map.

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448

l2play

Lmao. If this is meant without a shred of irony tnen I have just lost all hope in the human race.

• SeytanSeytan Member Posts: 653
    Originally posted by Shawk

No cookie crumbs for you to follow eh?
    Seriously, if you you need some kind of carrot running in front of you to have fun, the game probably is not for you. The focus on this game is community, go around and try to kill some goblins, group up with some other people, get some loot in your bag, get some gold in your bank, then maby join a guild and start doing some pvp.
    Your not going to have fun if you just walk around picking out all the imperfections of the game.

Cookie crumbs? By the same token you would have radared all the available mobs in a 100k radius huh? Why open as a asshole? Why not simply say what you did without the toolage? Need daddys hand?

Originally posted by APEist

Odd... during beta, there were 3 starting cities out of 18 that had bugged goblin spawns... may I ask which starter spot you chose?
    I know that Inner Ormhold in the mahirim lands had bugged gob spawns... the town there is where I started.
    I quickly managed to find spawns of kobolds elsewhere, however.

Yep, was the inner Mahirim lands where I started. the middle choice.

Hey every other mmo I've ever played had mobs everywhere out of the towns.  And I've played UO, AC1, AC2, EQ, EQ2, WoW, DAoC, Horizons, SWG, Irth, Guild Wars, Eve, Lineage, Lineage 2, Perfect World, Warhammer, AoC, CoH, D&L, Mourning, Vanguard, FF 11, Saga of Ryzom, and probably 20 more. 

But I'm a "nub" cuz I think I might see some kinda life out of the town. 

Yeh DF is just different cuz it's better then all those other games.  it's being a huge ass barren, empty lifeless world is GREAT! 

What the fuck ever. 

Quite frankley, I might have given this game another shot.  But if the only life that I'll find in this world is the kindof community that has responded here... you people should be ashamed of mocking the WoW community. 

I never gave a "final review", I clearly stated I was simply judging it based on 20 minutes of seeing nothing.