Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Giving this one a try...

DanagDanag Member UncommonPosts: 67

Signed up for a trial account a couple nights ago, and so far so good.

I haven't read all there is to read about this one yet. I basically wanted to jump in and give things a try. So I'm not entirely sure what there is to do in the "big picture" yet.

I'm primarily an EVE player, and have been for 3 years now. I love EVE, but I'm always looking for a nice secondary MMO to delve into when I need a change of pace.

So far the only thing I'm missing is the ability to see my own ship while I'm out in space. I know, I know, it's supposed to be an in-ship experience, and is twitch-based as opposed to EVE's play-style. But so was Freelancer, as well as the SWG's Jump-to-Light-Speed expansion, and you still had the option to view things from an outsider-type view.

Unless I'm missing a setting someplace. If I am, please let me know, :)

So far I haven't gotten much past the beginner missions. Getting the feel for the twitch-based game play. I'm not new to twitch-based game play, mind you. I spent years mastering my reflexes at such ground-based games such as the Quake titles, Counter Strike, UT, just to name a few. I also enjoyed the X-Wing titles, and the Jump-to-Light-Speed expansion back in the days I played SWG. It's just been a while, and I've gotten older (and apparently slower, LOL) since I last enjoyed a good twitch-based title.

Now, in terms of the "big picture". What's what here? I mean, I understand you character is persistent, being stored server-side. But in-relation to the VO world, how's that work? Is there such things as player-owned starports or stations? Player-ruled areas of space, similar to what you find in EVE with its sovereignty system? Huge, player-run corporations and alliances?

I'm not trying to be an "EVE troll" as I've seen mention in some of the other posts I've picked through on the forum here. But since I've lived in EVE for three years, which is the only space-MMO I've ever played, I'm just trying to get a feel for the VO-universe while I enjoy my trial-account, :)

Thanks! :)

-
Danag

Comments

• hentai_jeffhentai_jeff Member Posts: 20

EvE and VO's similaritys can be summed up with 4 words, they're both in space,  truse me when you really get into it you'll be wondering why you ever played EvE. Also hit f9 to see outside your ship.