Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE online meets Sins of a Solar Empire in...

Brone87Brone87 Member Posts: 244

A new game called Galaxy Online has launched yesterday, I think its best to describe it as a cross between EVE and Sins of a solar empire.

It takes the galatic conquering, planet colonization, resource building and fleet formations of Sins and meshes it with a massive universe, persistent world, custom ship building, and corp oriented play of EVE.

The game is free, and it is more like a very advanced web based game (aka small download client and 2d graphics). Dont be fooled into thinking its sucky just because its not a 3d game, I have been playing since last night and it is very entertaining.

I am now almost to the point where I will be able to leave my home galaxy (no one can enter so its a safe zone) and expand my empire. Its fun looking at the galaxy map and looking at all the various galaxies and picking one to settle down in next.

The galaxy map setup is really great, all of the factions (6 possible player + 1 npc pirate) start in there own little nook of the universe with low rated (1 or 2 star rated) galaxies. Then in the middle is the huge clump with amazingly 3-5 star rated galaxies and I am sure are going to lead to some epic player vs player fights for control.

Overall this game is really a great addition to any EVE players life as it is just like EVE and doesn't require you to spent every second babysitting the game (you can have the system take control of your planets and continue upgrading while offline). Give it a shot you have nothing to lose, Here Is the Main Website. I recommend you also view the Noobie Guide and doing the beginner quests as they will get you up on your feet!

Comments

• Brone87Brone87 Member Posts: 244

btw Federation of Eir

ALL THE WAY BABY!!

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

You should have posted this in the LFGame section you would have more people reading since they're already looking for a game.

I'll look into the game later on,  if the gameplay is solid and the Cash shop isnt OP(throws balance out of whach in favor of the paying player) ill recommend it to some F2p buddies at work.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• AriolanderAriolander Member UncommonPosts: 97

Been playing it comes off as very "meh".

Looks like a text based browser game given a nifty 2d client skin.