Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

just starting, whats most populated srever?

hi i am just giving ths game a try with the 14 day trial,firstly i would like to know the most populated server so that i can join it.

also for pve do people like to party or play solo (in genral?), is there any advantages in the speed of exp gain for partying in eq2?

Comments

• redhands123redhands123 Member Posts: 179

I'm just starting too, so I cant help with your questions. But I figured you should know that in the trial you cant get out of beginner isle.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Shortly, you're going to have people point out that you haven't spent any time looking in this section for the answers you seek - they're on page 3 btw. I'll humour your laziness though because I'm in a good mood.

Antonia Bayle is the most populated server, but nobody recommends people rolling on there because it's so laggy. The server is full and that makes it very hard to play at time. Many people (including whole guilds) pay $50USD per toon to transfer off of the server and go to other.

For PvE play, people like to play however they like. EQ2 isn't about endgame, it's about the journey, and if all you want to do is hit max level asap, then you're not going to have much fun playing. Regardless, the differences in levelling speed of grouping vs solo play is marginal, however if you're being mentored by a higher level player, then your xp gain goes up dramatically.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

you dont even have to start at the trial island and will never have that problem

Start in Kelethin or Neriak or Gorowyn --- they dont use the Trial island and have their own starting area

Antonia Bayle is most popular server

you will have worse lag if you go there too

really doent matter what server you pick unless you insist on a crowded one

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by redhands123

I'm just starting too, so I cant help with your questions. But I figured you should know that in the trial you cant get out of beginner isle.

That's Vanguard.

In EQ2, you can go wherever you like if you start in Timorous Deep (Gorowyn), Darklight Wood (Neriak), or Greater Faydark (Kelethin). Not sure about those starting in Outpost of the Overlord (Freeport) or whatever the Qeynos one is called.

• redhands123redhands123 Member Posts: 179
    Originally posted by darwa

Originally posted by redhands123

That's Vanguard.

In EQ2, you can go wherever you like if you start in Timorous Deep (Gorowyn), Darklight Wood (Neriak), or Greater Faydark (Kelethin). Not sure about those starting in Outpost of the Overlord (Freeport) or whatever the Qeynos one is called.

Oh, well shit lol a long time ago, when I did a free trial for it you couldn't leave beginner isle. Oh well, too late to unsub.

• hapsenhapsen Member Posts: 3

sorry for "hijacking" ur thread but i have some server questions aswell. i started a 14 day trial yesterday and i can only choose between 2 low pop server and that kinda annoys me. i dont want an extremly overpopulated server, but at least mid pop would be nice.

http://img26.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eq2.jpg

am i just to stupid to find the other servers or what is my problem? 

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by hapsen

i can only choose between 2 low pop server and that kinda annoys me.

to play on US servers, or any other,

Click EQ2 button and on the EULA screen (first thing that comes up) before you hit accept, just change the drop-down menu at the top right (region select) to whatever you want to play on.

• hapsenhapsen Member Posts: 3

works, thanks