Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Joining LOTRO and looking for a populated server or even a big guild noobfriendly

As title says I'm about to start playing lotro and I am looking for recomandations for a well populated server and a guild if possible that wont mind a question here and there to help a new player ^^

Previusly played: FFXI 5+ years, WoW 4 months, WAR 1 week, PWI 3 months, Rappelz 2 months, and tried every other f2p out there. Played lotro as trial and I liked it I'm really into PVE only games I threw money away by buying WAR ><

Comments

• norton905norton905 Member Posts: 61

Yeah, im trialing LOTRO right now, and im in the middle of the first instance for a dwarf gaurdian on the iron mountains. i like it so far, although i've only played maybe 10 minutes. It's still not done downloading.

But my question is, if you like PvE, then why did buying WAR even cross your mind? lol, i currently am subbed to WAR and love it, i just wanted to try LOTRO because i like both PvE and RvR

Sorry, that did not relate to your question at all. As for that im not sure at all on the servers or guilds or anything, sorry.

• AlbosAlbos Member Posts: 132

I bought WAR cause a guy at work has it and said its fun and this and that, when i tried it i saw that mainly war feels like you playing wow but only in battlegrounds or else you cant upgrade ur gear u have to battleground all the time.

ah, I see, i'm sorry that you didn't like the game. I've honestly never played WoW so i wouldn't know the comparison between the 2 games, WAR is the second monthly sub MMO i've played, and i thought it was really good. Is WoW that much better?

lol so off ur topic, sorry.

Wow has battlegrounds that work same as war but has a lot of pve content, the problem is wow has bad comunity and if you are alliance(good)like order you will never win against horde(evil) like destruction.

ahhh. ic  well my main is an order character and we win about half of the time? I really don't see a balance problem on my server.

i've been thinking about trying wow, since it so popular, and apparently awesome and all, its just i haven't and i don't know if i should since there are so many new games coming out, they should be better then WoW? hopefully... .so idk

• Lest213Lest213 Member Posts: 1

Brandywine is the best server. I played on that server. It was populated, easy to find parties and everyone was friendly and helpful.

In my opinion Aion online should be a game that will beat wow and its coming out this year at gamestop in my area says coming may 1st 2009, i hear rumors that pvp will suck bad since each clss will have some people become like gods and you'll need 20+ people to be able to maybe kill them. Sounds very unfair but i will try the game for the pve part of it since pvp is not till lv40+

Thanks a lot Lest ^^

yeah, i plan on trying that one, but i had no idea players had that ability, thats nuts.

yeah u become like a leite boss of a raid like 100k hp and u become bigger too but only players will get that is 1 per class that means the ones that dont work and play 24/7 grinding all day