Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's time for a Religion/Politics off topic forum.

WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

It really is in my opinion, all the threads are about US policits or are about religion in the Off-Topic. Every day someone feels the need to post a new US politics thread.

Sorry to be so frank, but even though foreigners do follow global politics, what happens in US politics usually interests no one outside of the US and trying to include foreigners into the OT forum is badly needed.

Making a Religion/Politics forum would make sure that threads concerning the former get a place, but don't overwhelm the OT forum for anyone not interested in reading the latest governor schandal.

Thank you.

Comments

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Even better, get rid of the off topic forum entirely.  It'd be once less repository of ignorant spew.

~Ripper

• xbellx777xbellx777 Member Posts: 716

that wouldnt be a bad idea but i can already see the flame wars in that section of the forums though lol

• AxumAxum Member Posts: 891

Well...it IS an off topic forum....

And you aren't forced to read the US politics-related threads.

What can I say, we have a melodramatic country.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

Not a bad idea at all.  Im guilty of getting sucked into political and religious threads all the time.  They never turn out good, ever.  You'll never convince someone to change their view on either of these things.  Most people here just post misquoted garbage for the sole purpouse of trolling.

better yet, ban religious and political discussions all together.  most forums do this and with good reason.  This is a game forum and really only about a half dozen or so people on these forums are very politically active.  You can expect to see the same 5-6 or so people in every Obama, Bush or politically motivated thread. 

and ya, I guess we dont have to view or participate in the discussions.. but its really hard to ignore sometimes.  Tell me how I can turn off or remove an entire forum and I will.

Actually, maybe that suggestion makes more sense.  Let users have the ability to hide specific forums from themselves through the "user control panel"

can a mod please ban me from the Off Topic forum?  (..seriously..)

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

omg excellent idea. I would love it if they made a seperate forum for political and religious threads.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• BranXBranX Member UncommonPosts: 79

Sure why not.

• KartuhnKartuhn Member Posts: 139

*runs for the mountains in search of a deep cave to weather the inevitable fallout of a nuclear war of words*

• PrintscreenPrintscreen Member UncommonPosts: 100

religion is an archaic method for dumb and ignorant people to explain the world/workings around them.

Accept evolution.

end thread.

• KartuhnKartuhn Member Posts: 139
    Originally posted by Printscreen

religion is an archaic method for dumb and ignorant people to explain the world/workings around them.
    Accept evolution.
    end thread.

too late

• RemainsRemains Member UncommonPosts: 375

Im not sure the moderaters would want to encourage people to come up with new political or religious threads, since they get out of hand most of the time.

Though banning those subjects would remove an interesting kind of discussion. Whenever I got some time to spare I might go looking for those threads.

• Bruticus_XIBruticus_XI Member Posts: 827

Yeah, great idea. It means people can "troll about shit that matters" instead of "trolling a game which means nothing YUO HAVE NO LYFE TROOL!!!!111"

Religious/political threads never turn out well (see EVE noob Corp chat, particularly Amarr or Gallente) but they're still fun.