Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dumb Question

Now that I've got the incubation trait - where to I create my little incubator?  Am I supposed to have some sort of house?  Sorry for being a noob.

Comments

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

I believe so yes, either a house or guild hall.  Not sure if you can put it on a ship.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

You need to buy an incubator from a Structures crafter.  Usually they list them up on vendor search so head to a bazaar and have a look for a waypoint to a vendor with one :)

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

Unless you plan on making only mounts or low-level grind pets, you are going to need a lot more equipment and consumable items. You also will need to have an understanding of the incubator ratings that will effect the quality of the pet and the time it takes to 'cook' the beast per phase (there are three). I suggest you go to the profession section of the O-board  forums and look up beast master. There will be guides and links that will explain the Beast Master crafting from the needed expertise, to equipment, crafting, training, etc.

I hope you have a tidy sum of credits if you desire to make good pets and want to try getting mutations. It is resource intensive and very expensive. You will need more expertise points directed into BM crafting as well - plan on seeing alot more of the profession counselor if you are using a serious combat toon  (you will need to go back and forth between crafting and combat builds). If you have a trader that you use primarily for loot selling and/or SEA grinding only, you won't have to worry about switching builds.

BM is not an easy profession to get started in, but BM is one of the things that have really added to and improved the game. While it may not have the joys of taming a baby pet, and requires insane amounts of grinding to level a pet to level 90, it is still one of the few truly enjoyable aspects of SWG. BM is in dire need of some expertise tweaks since so many porfessions have had expertise changes that makes BM pretty much unviable in combat (gimped), such as jedi.