Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not to DIS this game ..

TsenTsen Member Posts: 58

I dont want people to feel it not worth playing. Just because i Feel its crap.

I just think its so old it need to be put out of its missery. Like that old dog that keeps whinning like the hibs players and the mid players. Just shoot it in the head.

But if you like repetitive games that really have no goals this is the game for you.

I am so so so so so did i say so enough .. hehe waiting for a game to be the next gen in online games.

World of warcraft is nice .. but I feel vivendi needs to get rid of the ancient programers and hire new blood these games are all supported and molded by the same idiots and these idiots cannot even get DAOC right from 3 years ago..ex: bugs in the game that has never been fixed from day one and it sad no it pathetic. Simple fixes too .. like casting through walls .. So, unfortantly i expect the same from wow and lord of the rings MMO's these games are supported the same way.. I did read however the creators of EQ are releasing a new game soon. That i bet it blows the doors off these cookie cutter games.

Hope this time they dont sell it to sony .. THEY SUCK AS$

But all you who never played daoc give it a go .. In a few months if you still like being nerfed about 20 times and so on and able to deal with the bugs then your better than me and about 30k other ppl.

Remember the 10 percent will always be with the game, like Meridian 59 found out long ago; Bankrupt !!

It very funny how these companies all follow suit with one another.

I still laughing at this site for rating the game a 8.x anything. If you read what people are posting i see nothing but negative posts followed by a "BUT" ex: Its a great game but "

One thing most ppl should learn when you put "BUT" in the middle of a sentence it means forget what i said first; heres comes the truth.

Basic rule.

You be the judge

Helllo, My name is Indego Montoya, You killed my father prepare to die.

(Repeat)

(Repeat)

Comments

• FreelanceFreelance Member Posts: 83
    So what do you call a good game and I mean a MMO not a fps?   Just curious.

• BladinBladin Member UncommonPosts: 1,089
    the reason noone posts anything good about the game, is because people who enjoy the game don't feel like going to some small out of the way forum and talk about how awesome it is, there are lots of real daoc forums for it.

• sliversliver Member Posts: 132

Exactly, I love daoc, but I dont post about all over here, I just go and play the game.

• nomad3dnomad3d Member Posts: 11

Apparently, this person hasn't played the game in a long time and also hasn't been keeping up on the updates and expansions. DAoC is still the best thing out there for now. Although, EQII and WoW will give it a run for it's money depending on what Mythic does with Catacombs.

• TsenTsen Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by Bladin
    the reason noone posts anything good about the game, is because people who enjoy the game don't feel like going to some small out of the way forum and talk about how awesome it is, there are lots of real daoc forums for it.

OMG ... thats too funny .. Infact most players in the MMO realm always goto boards and post and talk about what is screwed. I post lots of good thing in games that i am playing but when the games crap like this one .. I only post the truth .. do me a favor .. STFU .. if you have to talk .. use facts to respond with not your opt.. no one gives shit about your opt.. Please post facts and when there is an opt we say it. If you have to feel big on posting goto that lame ass site www.catacombs.com . You fit right in with that a-hole moderator that there.

(Repeat)

(Repeat)

Again,  I ask you what do you consider a good mmo?

Originally posted by Freelance

Again,  I ask you what do you consider a good mmo?

MMo Pve - eq - eq 2 - best MMO ever - Numbers dont lie

MMo PVP - Meridian 59 . - shadowbane - Linage II 

MMo RVR - Wow

These are only my opts. I can only say DAOC was once in the list .. but sence has been pulled for 4 factual reasons.

1. Casting thru walls.

2. Cheats are rampant on this game

3. CSR system is the worst i have come accross.

4. Realms are so outta wack it not fun.

You asked me .. thats my answer .. I have never played SWG. Ryzom . I cannot judge games I have never played. Sorry for not being able to give you a one up like i think your looking for . DAOC is to lame anymore to play for me ..

I did look at FFXI this week .. cannot comment much as i have not played it more than 1 hour.

If you asking what is better than DAOC .. at this point anything i would even say EQ 1

(Repeat)

(Repeat)

• ValaraukValarauk Member Posts: 303

I agree with Tsen on all his above mentioned points and opinions. Not that the games he mentioned are in any way free of bugs/cheats but DAOC does seem especially plagued.

*Recovering Evercrack Addict*
    -Currently waiting for EQII&WoW -

WARNING: Spelling and grammatical errors intentionally left in document to test for Anal Retentive Trolls.

"The key to wasting time is distraction. Without distractions it's too obvious to your brain that you're not doing anything with it, and you start to feel uncomfortable." - Paul Graham http://paulgraham.com/hs.html

Well if you are saying shadowbane was cheat free and bug free then you are lying thru your teeth.  I found far more bugs in shadowbane than I did any mmo besides swg.  I am sorry you have something against csrs in daoc,  might have something to do with you calling them names and such.  I find them by far the best in the business.   Just last night we did a dragon raid and two of our group members went ld while trying to raise.  It took a total of 5 minutes for a csr to respond and put those peeps right back to our location.

I can see why you would probably love lineageII.  Nothing like trying to fight a mob and having it  being healed by some punk knowing he wont turn red for doing it,  maybe fixed by now but boy was that fun.  That game is a griefers paradise.

Eq is a good game and one of the originals of 3d mmos.  Your complaints mainly deal with pvp in daoc from what i have read.  I am not a eq person but from what i have read it is only pvp on certain servers.  Not really something to compare to daoc in my opinion.  Most peeps that play daoc came from eq and stayed.  So there must be some points in daoc that keep them around over going back to eq.

FFXI if you havent tried it is a great game and pretty much bug free and cheat free.  My only problem with that game is the controls,  which you can probably get used to.  Also requirements for having the perfect group to level is just to much.  Nothing worse than sitting around for a hr or 2 waiting for a group.  Oh and csrs in that game you will love.   Nothing like automated response and nothing getting done.

As you can see everyone has a opinion of what is a good mmo and what is a bad one.  You dont like daoc and i really could give a flip.  I personally think shadowbane and lineageII disk make good coasters for my drinks at my desk.  So by coming in here and bashing peeps because they like this game makes no sense to me unless you just like being a troll.  Anyway,  good day and have fun in you perfect mmo.

• LhexLhex Member UncommonPosts: 262

Tsen just wants to start trouble. I could not even read his post completely before going cross-eyed.image

As you can see he keeps retaliating at each response, best to just keep quiet on this one. Typical of someone bored picking a random game they may have played briefly and posting something to get people stirred up. 

maybe if i sa talka like a

dis u sa understanda me?

---------------------------------------------
    Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

As you can see everyone has a opinion of what is a good mmo and what is a bad one.  You dont like daoc and i really could give a flip.  I personally think shadowbane and lineageII disk make good coasters for my drinks at my desk.  So by coming in here and bashing peeps because they like this game makes no sense to me unless you just like being a troll.  Anyway,  good day and have fun in you perfect mmo.

I think your assesment on the EQ and Shadowbane are good. But like I said before. I am not here to bash people playing daoc. I played it for a very long time heeh toooo long.

I just totally disagree to the CSR thing. I dont know how anyone gives them anything but useless and unable to do anything to help you and even simple things .. I assume you never got snuffed on an arti that takes likes guilds to do and you did not get credit but everyone else did. Then get the your FKted message from the CSR's.

I make you a bet your toon will change once that happens.

This sounds to childish and stupid its not funny. But as old as my ass is I should not get screwed or anyone for that matter should not get screwed on a stupid game. Yes i know all the people who complain about people who lye. I got this to say, DAOC has logs and they can easly read them.

But i am done on this subject. Its one of those things that if you like not having the so called support for what you play not give two shits then by all means play DAOC. They dont care.

I speak for alot of ppl on this matter and i know the 10 percent that are die hards or ppl who work for daoc will say i am full of %^& well its so funny 9 out of 10 posts i read on this game have to do with the horrable support it has.

I am just tring to save some people fustration by telling them the inside scoope on this game before they vest 900 hours waisting there time as i wish someone would have done for me.

(Repeat)

(Repeat)

Originally posted by Lhex

Tsen just wants to start trouble. I could not even read his post completely before going cross-eyed.image
    As you can see he keeps retaliating at each response, best to just keep quiet on this one. Typical of someone bored picking a random game they may have played briefly and posting something to get people stirred up. 

maybe if i sa talka like a
                   dis u sa understanda me?

---------------------------------------------
    Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am hurt! image Damn i should get my eyes fixed, I guess!

(Repeat)

(Repeat)

Yes Tsen if they did that to me I would probably get upset about it.  I dont think it would be a game breaker to me personally,  but everyone has thier personal limits with dealing with things in that nature.  I am not new to daoc by any means.  I played at release and stopped a couple of times to try other games.  I just really havent found anything out there that even compares to daoc. 

This is how I feel about games that I have tried and the amount of time that i put into it.  I feel how long a person tries a game is also important in a review.  I hate peeps who come on and say that game sucks and then find out they logged in twice for 20 minutes and didnt really learn the game.

Daoc-  My first real mmo.  I played it for about a year after my first level 50(champ).  It was ok to me but at the time it was lacking for peeps outside of pvp after you leveled to 50.  Then they added SI expansion.  This expansion was great for leveling new toons and added some new raid content.  Nice touch for PVE content.  After that came the famous TOA expansion.  I for one loved this add to the game.  It added so many challenges for your toon at level 50 besides just doing pvp.  I know a lot of peeps hated this expansion due to if you dont do artifact runs and MLs then you wont have a upper hand in pvp.  I for one love the challenge and the content it added.  Just a matter of opinion i guess.

Shadowbane- Now when this game came out I was so excited.  Guild controlled cities constantly fighting for power.  The concept seemed great  but at release it was a nightmare.  People using exploits like crazy and server issues everytime I tried to log in.  I also didnt like how the point and click worked in this game.  Moving around in houses and such seemed like such a pain.  Also,  you can call me a carebear but being in a group and watching everyone turn on one person and kill him in your group for his loot just created hated among peeps.  Not my kind of thing.  I played this one for about 2 months.  Not a longtime to give it justice for being a fresh release but it just wasnt doing it for me.

SWG-Another game that I was knocking on the door of the store to open so I could buy it.  This game has the most potential as far as mechanics of any mmo in my opinion.  The best UI of any game I have ever played.  The best crafting system. The problem with this game is lack of content and bugs.   Even a year after release this game had bugs that would drive you crazy.  You would get to a point where working around bugs seemed like the norm.  Maybe Jump to Lightspeed will add a lot of content but I am not going to risk it personally.  I think I have giving them to much money already.  This game will keep you busy for about 3 months but after that it gets to be a bore.  I have resubscribed twice and got disappointed both times.

FFXI- I played this for 2 months.  This could have been a replacement for daoc for me.  This game has content,  content,  content.   A great auction house and crafting system is pretty cool.  The problems I had which most peeps can over come is the UI.  I really hated it with a passion and it ruined the game for me.  I also didnt enjoy the stricked group rules.  Perfect group or no group.

Horizons-  Hmm all i can say about this is,  great crafting system.  Adventures didnt really find much rewards.  Also the game had some lag issues and serious bugs.  Not a bad game but seems to be failing,  if you read the boards and see thier subscription size.  I played for about a month.

Eq- I played for one afternoon and I could not see the point of playing with those graphics after playing daoc.  I am sure it is a great game and has 5 years of content.  But I just couldnt bring myself to get involved in a mmo that dated.

LineageII- Great Graphics,  great point in click(the only pnc that I ever enjoyed more that arrows or wasd).   This game just pissed me off from the start.  I will not lie to you.  When you cannot enjoy content due to Asian adena farmers that do nothing but farm money for ebay,  it pisses me off.  I had never seen something like this in any mmo before.  I know peeps sell game money on ebay,  but never to the extent as in lineageII.  They would take over whole dungeons.  Also another thing that pissed me off was the fact that game was designed to punish you for attacking another player.  But there were so many exploits that peeps could greif you and ruin your game play without you being able to fight back without punishment.  I can see that some peeps would love this.  But not my cup of tea.  i played this for about a month and a half.

Excuse my spelling and grammer.  I am not a english major and I was in a rush typing this before leaving the house. 

Just for curiosity,  how do you all feel about some of the titles that you have played?  I just like to see what peeps think.  Without the usually one liner  "This game sucks"

• HigzillaHigzilla Member UncommonPosts: 4

Man you are trolling so bad......Let me point out a few things you've said..

Actually DAOC, while I no longer subscribe still has the best PvP and Mass PvP areas of all the MMORPGs...
    It also has global consequences etc...

Repetitive games that have no goals.....

Hmmm all console games are repetitive...yet thier continue to be a market for them.
    Computer games a lot of them can be called repetitive.. still companies making plenty of money off of them.
    As far as goals.. This is totally subjective. Did you mean an in game gola or an out of game goal?

Obviously, The engine is going to have issues trying to keep up with the Joneses..(ie the next gen MMOG). It's three years old.. Still it was a fun game for a time, and like all games eventually my interest turned elsewhere.

However, when posting try to keep a clear though .. Make a declaritive sentence .. then the following sentences should support the initial sentence. when you are done new paragraph..

You make it sound like all MMORP are made by the same companies....

DAOC... made by Mythic.. There will be no sequal to DAOC according to the CEO/President of Mythic. They have a modern/Scifi game comming out in the next 18 months.??? That's a guess folks.

WoW . Is a BLizzard product.. I haven't had a chance to play it, but Blizzard products are nototriously well tested prior to release. Graphics are usually a little cartoonish, but they nearly always have a good story to go with the game. And while this is thier first foree' into MMORPG's they are long time MMOG with titels like Diablo 1 & 2, Starcraft, Warcraft 2 & 3 able to be offered in an Multiplayer Online format.

EQ2 is a Sony product. If you think sony sucks you probably should steer clear of it. I am in the Beta.. It is immersive, mature MMORPG, I would love to recommend it to everyone. I think Power gamers and fanboi's will abandon this title in the future. It is not EQ1. It lacks a PVP element. that some find a neccessity in an online game.

There are even more coming out next year. It takes a lot of appeal to attract new gamers to a story line..

Originally posted by Higzilla

Man you are trolling so bad......Let me point out a few things you've said..
    Actually DAOC, while I no longer subscribe still has the best PvP and Mass PvP areas of all the MMORPGs...
    It also has global consequences etc...

Repetitive games that have no goals.....
    Hmmm all console games are repetitive...yet thier continue to be a market for them.
    Computer games a lot of them can be called repetitive.. still companies making plenty of money off of them.
    As far as goals.. This is totally subjective. Did you mean an in game gola or an out of game goal?
    Obviously, The engine is going to have issues trying to keep up with the Joneses..(ie the next gen MMOG). It's three years old.. Still it was a fun game for a time, and like all games eventually my interest turned elsewhere.
    However, when posting try to keep a clear though .. Make a declaritive sentence .. then the following sentences should support the initial sentence. when you are done new paragraph..
    You make it sound like all MMORP are made by the same companies....
    DAOC... made by Mythic.. There will be no sequal to DAOC according to the CEO/President of Mythic. They have a modern/Scifi game comming out in the next 18 months.??? That's a guess folks.
    WoW . Is a BLizzard product.. I haven't had a chance to play it, but Blizzard products are nototriously well tested prior to release. Graphics are usually a little cartoonish, but they nearly always have a good story to go with the game. And while this is thier first foree' into MMORPG's they are long time MMOG with titels like Diablo 1 & 2, Starcraft, Warcraft 2 & 3 able to be offered in an Multiplayer Online format.
    EQ2 is a Sony product. If you think sony sucks you probably should steer clear of it. I am in the Beta.. It is immersive, mature MMORPG, I would love to recommend it to everyone. I think Power gamers and fanboi's will abandon this title in the future. It is not EQ1. It lacks a PVP element. that some find a neccessity in an online game.
    There are even more coming out next year. It takes a lot of appeal to attract new gamers to a story line..

Sorry to troll...

Here.. your right to a point . Mythic did not make DAOC tho.. they bought it. As for a sequal they cannot there engine is to old and do not have the money to buy a new one. FACT!

FACT!

Daoc , WOW, LOTR MMO, all maintained by vivendi. COding included.

So your half right. All of the updates are done by Vivendi. I know i worked there.

I do however know EQ / EQ 2 / Shadow bane is not in anyway touched by Vivendi. But you got a huge company like sony who never even cares about it customers. HOW DID THAT GO? WE SONY YOUR NOT

They are all the same; Sure most artwork look diff. The GUI might look diff, But hell click attack .. do a special kill mob. I just described EQ / EQ2 / WOW / DAOC so on.

WHY am I POSTING !!! Someone hast to.

I am so sick of the poor support that all these companies seem to put up the bugs that never get fixed and so on.

Higzilla,

I do disagree about PVP.. DAOC really is not pvp it RVR. It falls under RVR and that RVR is the worst I have seen and played, Now what has better you ask me, I have no idea; I only played M59 / AC / EQ / SHADOW / DAOC. Man there gotta be something out better than this for our sake. This is too pathetic to be the best out there. Its like saying taco bell is the best taco. NO WAY!

NO TROLLING INTENDED  

(Repeat)

(Repeat)

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Originally posted by Tsen

I do disagree about PVP.. DAOC really is not pvp it RVR. It falls under RVR and that RVR is the worst I have seen and played, Now what has better you ask me, I have no idea; I only played M59 / AC / EQ / SHADOW / DAOC. Man there gotta be something out better than this for our sake. This is too pathetic to be the best out there. Its like saying taco bell is the best taco. NO WAY!

screw you!  Taco Bell is the best taco out there! image

But hey, if you're looking for something better out there, I guess wait for WoW and EQ2... new generation graphics, but it's gonna be new.

At first I was not gonna touch EQ2 until a few months from now, but damn SOE emails me saying I'm a winner at the Beta-Testing only 6 days before launch... so I'm downloading the game as we speak and tomorow I'll try it and see how good or bad it is. (bloody game takes 3 hours to download on cable, ugh)

But if I must argue on DaoC, out of all the MMORPGs I've tried 1 week ago, for a total of 1 week, after just quitting from 1 year of Star Wars Galaxies, Dark Age of Camelot is the only one that kept me interested from beginning until to where I am now.

I've never played an RPG so balanced and so perfectly organized.  I can talk to an NPC, get a nice decent tutorial how to play, and not be stuck at the same spot for days cause I'm too weak to go too far away.

DaoC gave me that.  I stayed around Howth for maybe what... a few hours, then as I was getting stronger in that same night, I decided I'd visit Argath, on my way there, not too many strong creatures, killed my first blue on my way there, progressed, did quests... very organized game.

Heck, I'm at Level 15 as a Blademaster now, to my surprise, I talked to an NPC that gave me a quest when I was just level 1, OMG, he has another thing to do... this time it's even harder.

And thank you Mythic, but the loot and rewards we get from quests are GOOD! I'm actually using the loot and rewards to help improve my character's stats.  I hated EQ (maybe I didn't play far enough, only lasted 7 days) and I barely got loot.  Kinda anoying.  Star Wars Galaxies I only played cause it had STar WArs in the title, and the quests sucked so bad, I Can't believe I actually did them all in under 2 months.   Lineage II has a lack of loot too, you're stuck grinding for Adena to buy all your equipment and there's no freebes just cause you worked hard on a quest.

Anyways, that's just my opinion, great loot, balanced quests, you progress smoothly.  Some people don't care about such things and prefer grinding or PVP... which is probably why DaoC isn't the greatest MMORPG for them... but hey, another reason I feel like staying in DaoC instead of going to EQ2 or WoW is cause after seeing the screenshots of Catacombs coming this December, everything I hated about DaoC, which was nothing more than the out of date graphics, is being fixed soon!

____ _ ____________ _ ____

Scissors & Wood Glue - 19.99$
    Lineage II Platinum Edition DVD - 59.99$
    Having more fun building the 3D Elf Paper doll that came free with the game rather than playing Lineage II - Priceless.

For everything else, there's Mastercard.
    ____ _ ____________ _ ____

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446

I can't say that I've ever encountered any bugs in this game.  I've been playing it since about 2 months after initial release and the game has alway been good.

The only problem I once had was when ToA come out, my PC was too crappy to run it.  Other than that, never a problem.