Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FLS snubs it's paying customers.

DJXeonDJXeon Member UncommonPosts: 553

Bad forum moderation leading to a currupt community.

Extract from the FLS forum Rules:

1. Do not abuse staff members – We respect your opinions about our game, but we will not tolerate personal attacks against any member of staff. Please file a support ticket if you have an issue with any staff member.

2. No Flaming – While debate and discussion are encouraged, we will not tolerate rude or insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts of any kind.

3. No Trolling – Creating or posting in a thread for the sole purpose of harassing a user, stirring up hostilities, or derailing/hijacking a thread topic is not allowed.

1. Making a thread about bad forum moderation is not a personal attack against any particilar member of FLS Staff.

2. There are too many rude or insulting PERSONAL posts that are allowed to remain with no forum infraction given, others get them given for no reason at all.

3. Posting your opinion twice in a thread because the thread had been partly deleted is not trolling the thread.

Quite simply FLS does not moderate forums impartially to their own rules. As for others constantly saying that an experienced beta player knows nothing about the game or refers to their age is a personal attack & those posts are not moderated in any way.

Those wise guys do not even know that getting a Port Battle invitation & clicking on accept does not automatically guarantee you entry into the Port battle.

Yes my forum ban is temporary but I have quit Potbs due to being singled out & unfairly banned. Unless i get a permanent forum ban i will be back as a poster but not as a subscriber, some of you may disagree with that but I'm still paid up for another week & there are many posters that have un-subbed.

With reference to Danicias post here where she indicates she is 100% on some of VDD societies members side to the point of being quite vocal on it.

In reality it has gone beyond her being vocal to letting it effect her job as she no longer moderates the Defiant forum in an impartial way.

I transfered to Defiant nearly two month's ago with the aim to help increase populations; I too understood what some of these VDD players had been through on Invincible & see why they feel FLS owe them something. Rusty himself posted that he knew what they were having to put up with.

Sadly I could not see a reason to prolong it or hang on to it, it was not healthy for the new Defiant to go on about the past or harass other players in a personal way.

I became victim of it & was banned. So other than offering these guys a transfer what else can FLS do? they are already promoting it with advertising & they still go on.

I'm not sure they will ever get over it but it is not their place to take it out on other players that currently enjoy Defiant. It's long overdue that they & Danicia either let it go or go themselves. I can not see how it helps server populations or FLS as they are today.

Get over it or go in my opinion.

The implications of what Danicia & Rhaegar are doing are very bad as no good or benefit to Potbs or FLS will come of it so I hope that in future they will have a change of attitude & abide by their own rules.

Did I ragequit? not really I've just had enough of Potbs for the time being, it was fun while it lasted.

Comments

• Ugh.  The link you posted, with Danicia saying she's behind the Aussies was about Failstra and had nothing to do with you getting yourself banned from the forum.  Get over it, man, really.  You persisted in making flamebait thread after flamebait thread instigating the nonsense even after your other threads had been deleted - that WAS your warning; a common sense warning.  In the sense that common sense tells you not to make the same thread over and over again after the mods lock or delete it.

This is all pretty pathetic at this point.

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by DJXeon

With reference to Danicias post here where she indicates she is 100% on some of VDD societies members side to the point of being quite vocal on it.

WTF?!!!!

"I heard the frustrations directly from players back in beta. I've experienced how cut off y'all have felt from the rest of the player base. If anyone understands it over here, it's me. I was gutted when I couldn't play with the Aussies and Kiwis for launch as that's who I always played with in beta.

I've been your biggest advocate and am quite vocal about representing you guys. I promise. " - Danicia, FLS Forums

What a bunch of BULLSHIT.

Danicia was one of the FLS people responsible for that feeling of being cut off from the rest of the player base.

Sadly for her... I bloody remember it and THE FLS ARCHIVE STILL WORKS.  (expect that to change in the next 24 hours after THIS post!)

Danicia, in fact, repeatedly locked threads in which Aussies asked questions.

Some examples from the Archive

Only TWO Australian Servers?

And the follow on (not locked)

Austrailian Questions were repeatedly directed to one long thread which covered everyone (incl SOE) making it very hard to find information

http://archive.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35950&highlight=Australia

http://archive.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34662&highlight=Australia

Here she merges...THEN she locks and redirects!

http://archive.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31849&highlight=Australia

all this made it very hard for Aussies to communicate and get information.

You would log on to get updates and find the thread you had been following was merged, moved, locked or just plain gone.

And who can forget the immortal comment in response to a bunch of Aussies being left 'out in the cold by FLS...

That's right: "SHAVED RABBITS" - Danicia and that is on the eve of the night Aussies(without an SOE sub)  were locked out of the FLS Forums.  From that point on, we couldn't even ask questions there without an SOE sub.

Now, I will take this to the FLS forums but probably violate all 3 of these rules:

1. Do not abuse staff members – We respect your opinions about our game, but we will not tolerate personal attacks against any member of staff. Please file a support ticket if you have an issue with any staff member.

2. No Flaming – While debate and discussion are encouraged, we will not tolerate rude or insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts of any kind.

3. No Trolling – Creating or posting in a thread for the sole purpose of harassing a user, stirring up hostilities, or derailing/hijacking a thread topic is not allowed.

Yeah... she did live in Australia for 6 months (half as long as Invincible lasted!).  So what.  I have lived in PNG.  Doesn't mean I understand the people there.

And on the "interesting" side.  Have a look in the 'Archive'.  There are a few recent POST-BETA threads being moved there.

I am VERY angry by Danicia's comment (if you couldn't guess).

Edit http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showpost.php?p=659437&postcount=89

(let's see how long that stays up?)

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• DJXeonDJXeon Member UncommonPosts: 553

I don't want an apology. Just remember and (if FLS ever gets another chance at an MMO) never repeat it. 

Whatever happened to your "best man theory"?

Originally posted by Havohej

Ugh.  The link you posted, with Danicia saying she's behind the Aussies was about Failstra and had nothing to do with you getting yourself banned from the forum.  Get over it, man, really.  You persisted in making flamebait thread after flamebait thread instigating the nonsense even after your other threads had been deleted - that WAS your warning; a common sense warning.  In the sense that common sense tells you not to make the same thread over and over again after the mods lock or delete it.

This is all pretty pathetic at this point.

I went to some trouble on the "what went wrong " thread to find some common ground with you  & it amazes me at the lack of understanding you have of what is going on in Potbs & FLS that leads to a corrupt community & many cancelled accounts.

Sadly you have nailed your correspondent credentials to the wall & it is only your smooth talking words that have saved you up until now but sooner or later you will be found out as I have done & exposed you for what you really are.

You are nothing more than a paid troll like in this thread which you have been doing since I 've known you

If you need further proof I will Quote a recent Guy Russon post here before Danicia deletes it:

Danicia,

I was just linked to this post and stopped by to say RUBBISH.

Sorry, but you have a short memory I think.

It was YOUR forum moderation that made it very difficult for Aussies to get information on the Australian release. Look at the archives if you forget.

Danicia you, in fact, repeatedly locked threads in which Aussies asked questions.

Some examples from the Archive

http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14336

http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14509

Australian Questions were repeatedly directed to one long thread which covered everyone (incl SOE) making it very hard to find

information

http://archive.burningsea.com/forums...ight=Australia

all this made it very hard for Aussies to communicate and get information.

We would log on to get updates and find the thread we had been following was merged, moved, locked or just plain gone.

And who can forget the immortal comment in response to a bunch of Aussies being left 'out in the cold' by FLS...

That's right: "SHAVED*RABBITS" (http://archive.burningsea.com/forums...4&postcount=57) and that is on the eve of the night

Aussies(without an SOE sub)* were locked out of the FLS Forums.* From that point on, we couldn't even ask questions there without

an SOE sub.

I appreciate this post probably violates the new FLS forum rules - but your comment is... shall we say... misguided?

You have no idea how we felt. You lost a ton of customers over it.

If you need further proof I will Quote a recent Guy Russon post here before Danicia deletes it:

It's the same post as above GB. On the bright side it looks like FLS is going to leave the post up?

Side note - this thread should be linked too - tells some of the story from this side (MMORPG.com)

• GB, you've gone all OMGEVILEMPIRE over a freaking temporary forum ban which you deserved.  Paid troll whatever, get over it.  Watching you post about this is like watching a petulant child's tantrum - no matter how much support you can get from people with their own personal axes to grind against FLS.

Also, while I dig Gyrus's input here, I like how you've taken his contribution to the thread and seem to be trying to turn it into FLS vs. Australia now, rather than FLS vs. GB.  Especially funny is how your supposed "Danicia is on VDD's side!" post was nothing of the sort and when Gyrus jumped on it, you're like "YEAH!  RABBLE-RABBLE!"

{ Mod Edit }

GB, you've gone all OMGEVILEMPIRE over a freaking temporary forum ban which you deserved.  Paid troll whatever, get over it.  Watching you post about this is like watching a petulant child's tantrum - no matter how much support you can get from people with their own personal axes to grind against FLS.

I have proof that says otherwise that when I presented it to FLS in the correct way through a ticket only landed up in ban extension together with a threat that more ban would be applied if I submitted any more tickets.

This thread wouldn't be here if they had dealt with the tickets in the correct way.

If that is how FLS think they should treat their top forum posters or paying customers then my ship may as well be a babies pram.

If further proof was needed what about the time you called me a jerk & i got the infraction for answering back?

Try all you like to know what's going on -  I know many others do, if you or others think that deleting threads, giving out infractions to the wrong people is going to do anything but make things worse then you had better think again.

Get over what? Its not me that has anything to get over it's FLS & a few other players that shouldn't be there.

NTRabbit is a wise man.  You haven't posted proof of anything over here, GB.  You've posted accusations and links to out-of-context forum posts that supposedly support your point.  GYRUS on the other hand has posted links to posts that DO support his grievance (that FLS mishandled the Austrialian situation horribly - but nobody's ever denied that, I don't think...).  This is why we call you a troll.  This is why we don't take anything you say seriously.  GB, whether you can understand it or not, I don't want you to stop because you're making FLS look bad - you're really not.  I want you to stop because you're making yourself look bad.  You've claimed to be an adult - an older man.  Your behavior makes that difficult to believe, but just in case it IS true, please... act like it.

We had our ways, & laugh all you want I have managed a successful customer support operation before so I know what I'm talking about .

Jes that irc stuff hurts my eyes! Where did you get it from?

It is not the evidence I have as all correspondence with FLS is not to be made public.

You just cant stop trolling can you.

<Mod edit>

<Mod edit> 

You have said yourself others should have been banned as well, kinda supports my case. nough said.
    Truth is nobody should have been banned but perhaps warnings or some mod posts should have been given at the appropriate times.
    None of what FLS has done will improve the situation, Danacia is like a walking can of petroleum.
    Instead of calming things down she sets the community against each other! I don't even think it's always intentional; she makes her mind up in the time it takes to bite into a bacon sandwich.
    Players get offended if their posts are deleted so they never post again or leave.
    I may be gone but there will be others that will stand up to take my place like Guy Russon here who have got a better way with words than me & is your match if not superior - It's not over yet by a long shot.
    Sad that FLS don't have the experience to deal with it - many more customers will be lost.
    Many of the problems have come about by managing a company on a very small budget.
    The game itself is great provided more players play the way it was intended using a little more respect; the modern generation have a lot to learn from the 1720's way of war.
    /tiphat.

Nelson would have laughed if you told him it came from a chinese war book.
    GB.

• VetarniasVetarnias Member UncommonPosts: 630

GB, just let it go.

Originally posted by Vetarnias

GB, just let it go.

Already have :)

There is no harm in posting the truth so that FLS might avoid making mistakes again.

At the end of the day its their loss not mine.

Just FYI thought I would post this here too.

http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showpost.php?p=660017&postcount=96

Hello Guy

Whilst I know that I'm an easy target for you on this one, I am not upset that you've placed all the ire of the situation on my shoulders.

I'm a lowbie here at FLS and followed the rules and instructions given to me. We wanted to keep all comments, questions and information into one easy to find place. Sure, we goofed A LOT in how we handled things.

A lot of the threads were trimmed of the profanity, insults, flaming and trolling before being shut down. Some of them were simple reroutes to get people to where we wanted you to go for news.

We've done that aways in regards to very important news. We want feedback, questions and comments to go in the places where the Important RedName People will see it.

As Rhaegar said in one of your threads, "A forum moderator isn't always going to always know every detail of her company's international business deals."

You replied, "That's why we asked Danicia to ask.". I did ask. I brought it up all the time. However, as the lowbie forum moderator, I can't make anyone answers. That was up to Rusty and Aether. I think you might have been mistaken in my importance at the time.

As far as the "Shaved Rabbits" goes, it was a direct response to 8Track, who I met in person along with other PotBS players. It wasn't a comment on the thread or anyone in it except to him.

I can't stop you from being mad at me and I don't feel like my response will lessen that. However I did want to try to clear up what the procedure was (which I was told to follow) and my role.

http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showpost.php?p=660565&postcount=104

Danicia,

I am disappointed that you have resorted to the 'Nuremburg Defence'.

I do not place "all the ire of the situation on [your] shoulders". Only your part of it - that is the Forum Moderation.

Saying that you "wanted to keep all comments, questions and information into one easy to find place...where we wanted you to go for news." is all well and good - except for the fact that there was no news for Australia and that we were directed to threads which concerned the SOE release, not ours.

http://archive.burningsea.com/forums...ad.php?t=31842

http://www.burningsea.com/page/news/...ticle_id=10416

Totally inappropriate.

You suggest I "might have been mistaken in [your] importance at the time"?

No. Rusty and Aether certainly were responsible for much of what happened - not in the least of which is leaving you to take the heat.

But as I am sure you remember - I confronted Rusty on his part of the fiasco at the time.

The Forum Moderation and Forum Community Management was (and is) your part of the operation (in conjunction with Aether and Rhaegar) and that is the part I am addressing to you.

It was very 'inconsistent' to say the least and that contributed to many of the issues in the community.

The "Shaved Rabbits" comment may have been a direct response to 8Track, and not a comment for anyone except him - in which case it should have been a lot clearer which capacity you were making that post (personal). It was hardly appropriate for the only 'FLS' response in that thread at that time to be a trite personal comment - as chapjuan pointed out.

If you are being placed in a position where you are being told to 'follow orders' and unable to field questions directed at FLS then I would have to agree with Rchumbucket's suggestion that you display a profile reflecting that fact.

Regardless of your place in the hierarchy though, your administration of the forum rules is yours.

So why did I bring this up, with you specifically, now? Why not Rusty, Aether or Rhaegar?

Well, they didn't make this post http://www.burningsea.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=74

• BingoBango00BingoBango00 Member Posts: 5

You should really rename this thread to:

How to make yourself look like a complete whiney so&so in one post or less. 

If you spend your life trying to prove to everybody that you are right and they are wrong, I feel pretty sorry for you.  That frankly sounds like a horrible experience and probably one you rarely succeed at.  I hope you find a way to have fun, allow other people to have differing opinions and respect their beliefs.

Sadly if you are this older guy everyone mentions, then chances are this lesson has been hitting you square in the face for what 50 years?  Admit you screwed up, take your lumps, learn from them and move on.  Life is too freaking short and from the sound of it you are at least half way through it.

My advice to you.  Go play the dang game and enjoy it. PLAY IT.  Stay away from all the stupid epeen drama and make sure to go outside at some point during the day.  Your perspective is all out of whack and you take EVERYTHING personally.  I hope you can find a way to enjoy life instead of trying to PROVE everything to everybody.   Cause frankly, nobody really cares about stuff like this that doesn't even matter.  The more you go on about it, the more you look like a nutcase and spin out of control.

All this time you spend trying to Prove this or that is time wasted.  You could be out doing something fulfilling and enjoying a game you supposedly love.  Too bad.

This is my last post here as the topic is getting boring & I now play another game.

First i commend Danicia for speaking up as this is a welcome change from just applying rules & deleting the bad stuff, I hope it is a trend that will continue, I accept that she does her best for FLS.

However I feel she had been misled by a vocal few of posters that do not represent the majority.

Finally I admit I'm not the best at PvP, Naval Officers rarely are but I proved I'm up for it & will give it a go. This is to be commended in my opinion & not ridiculed or age discriminated against as there are many others that do not PvP at all..

I have tried to bring a bit of support to the Brits on Defiant & give the silent majority that play there a voice; in the end the vocal minority won the day.

I have closed all my support tickets & hope that others realize that what happened to me was unjustified.

It's time to move on...as was the case when I joined Defiant for some posters that are still there.

/tiphat

GB.