Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Poll: Will you preorder?

ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Now that the NDA has dropped, will you preorder?

Comments

• WardropWardrop Member Posts: 462

Still on the fence, as i said in beta... there is still a beta going on and patches to be released so, when it comes down to the the last line and betas over, ill make a  complete decision then.

Ill say no for now, wish you placed a not sure yet option for balance.

• BrookhurstBrookhurst Member UncommonPosts: 4

Going to wait for the 10 day free trial!

• RastonRaston Member Posts: 438

I will neither preorder nor order this game.  Can't stand FPSes that pretend to be character based RPGs.  Nothing against those who do, just not my style.

Shame really, would of been nice to see a suitable replacement out there for shadowbane, guess I'll keep looking.

• Darkstar111Darkstar111 Member Posts: 675

Definitely preorder.

Got the whole first day planned out with my guild.

-Darkstar

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

Wont' preorder at all. But maybe will buy the game in april, if it's not overly disappointing.

• RespitRespit Member Posts: 770

I'll wait for a NA release, and then decide.

DarkFall FAQ - Read then Question with Boldness

• ScriarScriar Member Posts: 772

I think I will wait, there are aspects of Darkfall I really enjoy and I get the feeling whilst playing that all the game really needs is more time to polish the areas of the game I do not like. Ill probably wait a month or two and see how they deal with the problems I have with the combat, and to see what direction they take the game before I buy it.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

i won't preorder..too many iffy and broken things still, but if it gets better, i'll look at it again in a month or 2

• asdarasdar Member UncommonPosts: 662

I'll be pre-ordering, if there's one spot available to me.

I've been in beta and just barely scratched the surface of this game after a few weeks. It truly is the most fun, and most frustration I've ever had in an MMO.

The fun comes from combat, skill development, the world and finding friends that got your back.

The frustration comes from the clunkiness of the controls, and the rogue system, even though I'm glad there is one.

There's lots of stuff to fix, but what they have in is still more fun than any game I've played.

Asdar

• atziluthatziluth Member UncommonPosts: 1,190
    Originally posted by Respit

+1 The game has not shown me anything (through leaks and my limited direct exposure through a friend) to make me want to buy this game at first chance. The game has potential, I want to see what AV will do after release.

-Atziluth-

- Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

• strongaxestrongaxe Member Posts: 848

Preordering here. How could I not when I have so much fun in the game?

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Not really, this game would have the same fate as Dark and Light, and fanboys would come whining in a month or 2 they paid 50$ for a game in beta.

• JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

Originally posted by Respit

Same. Too busy to play now anyway (Empire Total War, Classes, etc :D)

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

No.

But not because it is Darkfall.

I never pre-order any game.  It is a marketing con.  I always wait 2 months or so to see how things work out - even for single player games.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Preorder.

In my opinion its the best game released in years (and i have beta tested them all). So if people spent money on AoC or WAR, then DF is a safe card in comparison.

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129
    Originally posted by Gyrus

No.
    But not because it is Darkfall.
    I never pre-order any game.  It is a marketing con.  I always wait 2 months or so to see how things work out - even for single player games.

/coundn't agree more

I been burnt with pre-order too many times with games that acctually had boxes in stores....

• FolbyOrbFolbyOrb Member UncommonPosts: 357
    Originally posted by Brookhurst
    Going to wait for the 10 day free trial!

+1

Playing | GW2
    Wanting | Pantheon
    Watching | Crowfall
    Retired | WAR, Cabal, MO, CO, SHK, WoW, FFXIV: ARR

• AdigironAdigiron Member Posts: 83
    Originally posted by altairzq

Wont' preorder at all. But maybe will buy the game in april, if it's not overly disappointing.

Agreed, maybe I'll buy it some other time after release. 

Plus the reviews have not been overly convincing, it seems to be the same people praising the game and telling those criticizing the game that they missed some detail or didn't play enough.   Allow people to post their reviews and respect their opinions. 

• mindmeldmindmeld Member UncommonPosts: 229

no way , either a trial first or maybe buy regular game in a month or 2

-Semper ubi sub ubi!
    always wear underwear

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Still on the fence about DF.  You've got posts praising the game and opposing posts as well.

Seems decent enough though might wait until the NA release when lots of things might be ironed out (like the odd faction, grey con system)

Besides, I don't subscribe in Euros. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RoutverRoutver Member Posts: 383

I want to see how the game performs, probably going to look how the release goes and the first months. Not pre-ordering, still got my doubts.

• Thoric485Thoric485 Member UncommonPosts: 525

That's what i'm doing atm.

"The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,
    To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!
    On we sweep with threshing oar, our only goal will be the western shore."
  • LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

No way in hell, the game is terrible.

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

I've learned my lesson about pre-ordering. I will not do it if I am not absolutely sure that I will enjoy the game (i.e. I've played a free trial/beta) and/or have substantiated faith in a company (i.e. I have no reason to distrust the company because of previous experience...only one of those companies remaining for me and that's BioWare).

Neither of these points is true for me with DF. The reviews so far seem to be across the board, from totally unacceptable and broke right down to damn fun. Even the completely positive reviews however fail to adress concerns of mine which, I have to say, will probably only be alleviated by playing myself and playing when the game is actually released and under stress from a larger crowd.

That said, no. No pre-order for me. But best of luck/fun to those who do pre-order. I'll be keeping an eye on reviews of the release-version of the game and see if my concerns are adressed enough for me to shell out some money OR we actually get a free trial.

• egotripegotrip Member Posts: 875
    Originally posted by singsofdeath

I've learned my lesson about pre-ordering. I will not do it if I am not absolutely sure that I will enjoy the game (i.e. I've played a free trial/beta) and/or have substantiated faith in a company (i.e. I have no reason to distrust the company because of previous experience...only one of those companies remaining for me and that's BioWare).

Neither of these points is true for me with DF. The reviews so far seem to be across the board, from totally unacceptable and broke right down to damn fun. Even the completely positive reviews however fail to adress concerns of mine which, I have to say, will probably only be alleviated by playing myself and playing when the game is actually released and under stress from a larger crowd.

That said, no. No pre-order for me. But best of luck/fun to those who do pre-order. I'll be keeping an eye on reviews of the release-version of the game and see if my concerns are adressed enough for me to shell out some money OR we actually get a free trial.

Couldn't have said it better myself.......

Iiii-iiiiiit's.... me!!! *Hooray*