Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HaHa 11.77 Euro / month?????

n0ijn0ij Member Posts: 15

11.77 EUR = 14.9672 USD

They are charging almost $15 a month for what reads to sound like some kind of unfinished Alpha by almost all beta tester reports..

They must be smoking some real good shit if they think they can charge $15 a month for this. That's bordering on insulting...

Insulting to real commercial grade MMO's charging those type of fees. This game is no where even REMOTELY near being able to charge $15 a month...

Comments

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

I spend that on cigarettes every day ....

Sounds like playing DF instead is a better idea, thanks.

• 123123456202123123456202 Member Posts: 272

look its a lone troll....lets all through rocks at him

• FibsdkFibsdk Member Posts: 1,112

I couldn't imagine paying 50 for the box and 15 a month. From what i have seen so far it should be F2P. I have no problem paying a sub for a good game but this isn't one of them.

Grats to those that feel they get a great value here but i think i'll hold out until something better comes along.

• ScriarScriar Member Posts: 772

The actual fee is very low monthly I dont think it will be a problem for most. However, what will be a problem is now people will not give them leeway for being an indy company because they are not charging lower prices for what is essentially a very indy quality game. Charging the same as other more proffestionally developed mmos will make people naturally expect a higher quality product or one that is atleast equal in production values.

Originally posted by zymurgeist

Originally posted by DarkPony

I spend that on cigarettes every day ....
    Sounds like playing DF instead is a better idea, thanks.

Three packs a day? Good grief eating rat poison would be a better idea.

To the OP then don't pay it. I'm sure they would rather have people who like their game playing it anyway. The value of something is a very personal decision.

It's more like two packs where I live ... but yeah, it's not a good habit and getting more and more costly every year.

• zipzapzipzap Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Fibsdk

I couldn't imagine paying 50 for the box and 15 a month. From what i have seen so far it should be F2P. I have no problem paying a sub for a good game but this isn't one of them.
    Grats to those that feel they get a great value here but i think i'll hold out until something better comes along.

what box? its only digital download...

all i can say is that ill wait for a trail before i do anything

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827
    Originally posted by n0ij

no it isn't. Value is based on industry standards and Darkfall is as far away from commercila industry standard for a pay to play MMO at $15 a month as you can possibly get.
    That's what Blizzard charges for their games for christs sake.

Keep in mind that not everyone shares this opinion with you. Especially the people who will pay this won't agree with you. So if the price is not a concern to the people who will be playing this game, what exactly is the problem?

Originally posted by TalRasha

no it isn't. Value is based on industry standards and Darkfall is as far away from commercila industry standard for a pay to play MMO at $15 a month as you can possibly get.

Keep in mind that not everyone shares this opinion with you. Especially the people who will pay this won't agree with you. So if the price is not a concern to the people who will be playing this game, what exactly is the problem?

Exactly.

For some this game should be f2p.

For others it is a long awaited shot of ffa sandbox goodness.

It totally depends on your personal situation.

• zipzapzipzap Member Posts: 123

Originally posted by zipzap

what box? its only digital download...

all i can say is that ill wait for a trail before i do anything

Are you telling me the digital download is free? No? then stfu

lol? all im saying is that u wont get even a box or manual for that

and can u pls point out where im saying the that damn download is free?

• FibsdkFibsdk Member Posts: 1,112
    Originally posted by DarkPony

Originally posted by TalRasha

Exactly.

For some this game should be f2p.

For others it is a long awaited shot of ffa sandbox goodness.

It totally depends on your personal situation.

One mans trash is another mans treasure

• kikinchazkikinchaz Member UncommonPosts: 562

The price is actually a big issue for us Europeans, maybe not so much you guys in the US.

In the UK it's going to cost around £12.50 a month, and around £40 to preorder.

To compare WoW costs £8.99 a month and the box would have been about £25 at launch (now less than £10).

Now I'm not just directly comparing WoW but using it as an example as its the same price for almost all normal MMO's out there. The issue is the fact that to play Darkfall monthly will cost over a third more than the industry standard prices - thats a pretty big leap...

I mean I was all for trying out DF for a month and deciding whether I like it or not, but after seeing the prices i'll have to give it a pass.

• nileqnileq Member Posts: 476

Oh, so we have gone on to "11.77 eur A MONTH" now eh? 

goood little troll *pats it's head*

I have nothing clever to say.

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

Originally posted by zymurgeist
    The value of something is a very personal decision.

no it isn't. Value is based on industry standards and Darkfall is as far away from commercial industry standard for a pay to play MMO at $15 a month as you can possibly get.
    That's what Blizzard charges for their games for christs sake. And Darkfall aint no World of Warcraft production quality...

You are wrong actually. Value is something you put on something else. The company charges 11 euroes because it "thinks" the value to play  the game is worth that much. Now whether you agree with that statement or not, is your personal business. Whoever pays for it - agrees that the price is equal to the value, whoever doesn't - doesn't agree.

There are no industry statndards because its not the industry that pays for the product, you are. And there is no "standard" you, he he.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• Thoric485Thoric485 Member UncommonPosts: 525

WoW and AoC are 13 euro a month in my country, and Warhammer 15 Euro/month. I find Darkfall's price reasonable for a game i enjoy.

"The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,
    To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!
    On we sweep with threshing oar, our only goal will be the western shore."
  • dterrydterry Member Posts: 449

The monthly fee is fine, but I feel that the $50 initial fee to download the game is a rip-off. I don't remember EVE charging me to get started, they even let me have a free trial period to see if I liked the game. I think this is a little short-sighted on the Dev's part and I hope they drop it. They don't have to do the free trial either, but it would be nice and would demonstrate a certain amount of confidence in their game.

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

Look at the trollish OP.

Must be hard for him now when there is something else to play then all the boring carebear games.

Darkfall FTW.

Sandbox FTW.

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

Wasnt there supposed to be some sort of free d/l trial of the game?....

mah so much has been said by that tasos guy maybe I am mistaken but I thought he said before that player's would have a chance to play the game before they paid anything.

Anyway with even the most ardent follower's of this title saying it is not ready for release and the game is simply a ganking,repetitive click crafting game with alot of feature's missing and full of exploits,I will give it a miss,maybe near the end of the year if the right sounds start comming through and there is a free trial I will maybe pick it up,as for now my money is staying in my wallet.

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• wartywarty Member Posts: 461

gotta be honest im confused as to where the fuck the 19% VAT comes from. Um HELLO VAT IS AT 15% in the UK so what you guys are gunna charge us extra and pocket the difference? Sounds like fraud to me

Playing polished, lag free, feature complete games is carebear. Whining about a game you hate but still play is hardcore man!

• TorikTorik Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by dterry

I don't remember EVE charging me to get started, they even let me have a free trial period to see if I liked the game.

You are not remembering far enough.  When EVE came out it sold a standard game box for $49.99 ( I still have it sitting on a shelf) and had no free trial.

• hauj0bbhauj0bb Member Posts: 153

11.77 EUR = 14.9672 USD
    They are charging almost $15 a month for what reads to sound like some kind of unfinished Alpha by almost all beta tester reports..
    They must be smoking some real good shit if they think they can charge $15 a month for this. That's bordering on insulting...
    Insulting to real commercial grade MMO's charging those type of fees. This game is no where even REMOTELY near being able to charge $15 a month...

Yet another over exagerated doom-n-gloom kiddie trying to get a rise out of someone. Please point me to where all of these beta tester reports you claimed to have read, because I've seen far more positive reviews (beta leaks included) than I have negative ones.

And who is this 'real insult' to exactly? I think I can count on one hand just how many good MMOs there are available right now.

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558

11.77 EUR = 14.9672 USD

eve is 15 a month too that had a rough release wasnt the best at release but eve is good now even tho i dont like that type of game

Originally posted by hauj0bb

11.77 EUR = 14.9672 USD

Yet another over exagerated doom-n-gloom kiddie trying to get a rise out of someone. Please point me to where all of these beta tester reports you claimed to have read, because I've seen far more positive reviews (beta leaks included) than I have negative ones.

And who is this 'real insult' to exactly? I think I can count on one hand just how many good MMOs there are available right now.

maybe 2 at best 3 or 4 lmao

• dterrydterry Member Posts: 449
    Originally posted by Torik

Originally posted by dterry

I don't remember EVE charging me to get started, they even let me have a free trial period to see if I liked the game.

You are not remembering far enough.  When EVE came out it sold a standard game box for $49.99 ( I still have it sitting on a shelf) and had no free trial.

I would be OK with charging the $50 if there were a box and copy of the software with a manual, etc. Paying $50 just for the initial download is still a rip-off. The monthly fee is fine.

Originally posted by Aragon100

Look at the trollish OP.
    Must be hard for him now when there is something else to play then all the boring carebear games.
    Darkfall FTW.

Sandbox FTW.

Yes.. for the win!

Outdated graphics for the win!

Terrible UI for the win!

Terrible sound for the win!

Horrid animations for the win!

Empy world for the win!

No quests for the win!

Terrible combat for the win!

Ya..

You win.

lol

actully theres quite a few quest just kinda hard to find  more will be added empty world is because not all mobs are enabled yet some of the game is hidden from the beta testers beause they didnt want to give everyone in bet a ahuge advantage. but hey whatever Xd.

sounds arent final combat is decent actully meele needs some work but meh its works good enough for release animations are decent not perfect but good enough

• Darkstar111Darkstar111 Member Posts: 675

nvm Noij, he was proven wrong on so many counts he needs something to hold onto.

Keep playing on ur last string, its the only ones u trolls have left.

-Darkstar