Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Planeshift

ValUkrValUkr Member Posts: 31

Hey, i stumbled upon this game about 5 years back, it really wasn't much at the time but just today i all of a sudden remembered it and checked it out, seems like it's come a long way, after having a quick read.. it's still in development and has open beta. I myself ain't much of a role-player however this game looks to have great potential for role-playing, so i guess this post is more or less a heads up for all those looking for a Roleplaying game, maybe check it out.

I would also love to hear from those who've played it, anyways here is the link www.planeshift.it

Comments

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

5 years it better have come a "long way"

and by roleplaying do you mean like i gotta talk in chat like "where art thou" and all that junk, cuz that would be kinda lame

• UtMoonUtMoon Member Posts: 99

No, there are no syntax requirements besides the ability to type -whole- words in English. Net speak (plz, r, u, cuz, lol, etc) are not very welcome.

Roleplaying is not even required, though you can get warnings from GMs for talking about 'real life' things like your day at school or how much you hate basketball in open chat while others are trying to roleplay. It is much like the guy who talks on his cellphone right behind you while you are trying to enjoy a movie. So as long as you respect others wishes, there is no problem.

As to the 'five years', that is not quite correct. The current engine being used was switched over to in 2004, and the entire game had to be rebuilt. Also worth mentioning is the fact that this game is being built by a small team of non-paid volunteers in their spare time. Much of the time there are only a few coders working a few hours a day on it, not a huge team being paid to work 10 hours a day.

I changed my mind. PlaneShift is not worth the time.

• crownclowncrownclown Member Posts: 2

wait a minute. we can't speak in txt in ps. that kinda sucks

• crownclowncrownclown Member Posts: 2

meh. c if i care

• Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

I downloaded this the other day, got into the character creation, laughed and uninstalled right away. The character models/textures look absolutely horrible. It's not even the fact that they're dated but they just suck. As a texture artist I was appauled.