Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

do any of the expansions offer new hairstyles?

TeganxTeganx Member Posts: 401

Just download the trial and started playing. I saw a tarutaru running around with a hairstyle that I didnt see as an option. Is this because I dont have expansions installed?

playing: darkfall
waiting: earthrise

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by Teganx
    Just download the trial and started playing. I saw a tarutaru running around with a hairstyle that I didnt see as an option. Is this because I dont have expansions installed?

Nope, you might have just missed it. According to Square there will never be new hairstyles because of the excruciating work involved with making them work with all the headgear/helms etc. Meaning that FFXI is the only MMO I know of that keeps the hairstyles visible and works the headgear/helms into the style instead of just deleting/covering them up like all other MMOs do.

Just think of all the work that would entail if new hairstyles were added for each race and then Square would have to go back and make every helm in the game blend with each new hairstyle.

However, if you really want to look different there is a way to .dat edit your hairstyle{don't think they work with the helms though} and only you would see it, but its kinda risky.

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

Because of the nature of FFXI the addition of new player mods or new races is not practical. Since one character can play any job and swtich between them at will the players does not need to have multple characters to enjoy every aspect of the game. In fact most players would not like to replay many of the starter quests (sub job, chocbo license, pre-Shadow Lord missions) just to play a with a new mod.

• NotArkardNotArkard Lord of the Rings Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 164

Originally posted by ic0n67
    Because of the nature of FFXI the addition of new player mods or new races is not practical. Since one character can play any job and swtich between them at will the players does not need to have multple characters to enjoy every aspect of the game. In fact most players would not like to replay many of the starter quests (sub job, chocbo license, pre-Shadow Lord missions) just to play a with a new mod.

I would totally do everything over again if I could play as a Zilart.

The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.

• TeganxTeganx Member Posts: 401

fair enough!

playing: darkfall
    waiting: earthrise

• maxnrosymaxnrosy Member Posts: 608
    Originally posted by NotArkard

I would totally do everything over again if I could play as a Zilart.

i always wanted to play a moogle.

Watching Fanbois drop their soap in a prison full of desperate men.

Originally posted by maxnrosy

Which is the smartest thing SE did with FFXI ... if they allowed you to play as a moogle everyone would be one ... or at the very least they would have a mule as one. The idea of parity that the game has now with the races would be thrown out the window. It would be the anti-Galka

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

That's close, but actually, the smartest thing they did was not have Mithra males to choose from. That's what everyone would probably be. Would be nothing but Moogles and Mithra males running around.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969

have you seen mithra males? they are weak emos XD they explain in WoTG that they were too weak so the females did all the hunting.

Originally posted by zanfire

have you seen mithra males? they are weak emos XD they explain in WoTG that they were too weak so the females did all the hunting.

>.> Did Naja say that or something? I don't remember that at all. But seriously the Mithra is based off the idea of a lion. Unlike most other spieces in the world where the males hunt and the female take care of the young, the female lions who are more agile and inconspicuois do the hunting while the male who are stronger and more (can't think of the word) stay and defend the den. Same thing in FFXI. The males are defending Kazham while the females are out adventuring in the world.

• loyaltrekieloyaltrekie Member Posts: 105

Originally posted by maxnrosy

Which is the smartest thing SE did with FFXI ... if they allowed you to play as a moogle [b]everyone [/b]would be one ... or at the very least they would have a mule as one.

I love how far from the truth that actually is.

• NotArkardNotArkard Lord of the Rings Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 164

>.> Did Naja say that or something? I don't remember that at all. But seriously the Mithra is based off the idea of a lion. Unlike most other spieces in the world where the males hunt and the female take care of the young, the female lions who are more agile and inconspicuois do the hunting while the male who are stronger and more (can't think of the word) stay and defend the den. Same thing in FFXI. The males are defending Kazham while the females are out adventuring in the world.

They could've at least made mithra male models, just not playable ones. It's hard to believe the idea that they're defending any den when they're nowhere
    to be found.

To help the lore out, I just tell myself the mithra are into some serious bondage action and the males spend all their lives bound and gagged in basements around Kazham. Now that's something for a cutscene.

The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.

• AgentsAreGoAgentsAreGo Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by NotArkard

They could've at least made mithra male models, just not playable ones. It's hard to believe the idea that they're defending any den when they're nowhere

to be found.

To help the lore out, I just tell myself the mithra are into some serious bondage action and the males spend all their lives bound and gagged in basements around Kazham. Now that's something for a cutscene.

Search around with the Model Viewer and you'll find there is a male Mithra model. In fact, he shows up in a cutscene somewhere in Wings of the Goddess.