Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wheres the screenshots and in game footage?

IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

All I ever see about this game is the same video clip of the guy on the Rhino creature leaving the castle.

Where's some more screenies and some in game footage?

This says release for Summer 2009. Shouldn't there be a little something besides that same clip? I mean that video looks cool and all, but seeing nothing else makes you think that's all there is.

Comments

• zippy123zippy123 Member Posts: 172

Yeah there isn't a lot of screens or actual gameplay movies. I know the dev team is very small only like 20-30 people I believe, so that may be part of it.

• Sirr0Sirr0 Member Posts: 55

A recent interview(that you can find on the offical forums)  actually has some in game combat, its prototype though but it still looks great.  As far as screens go only screens available are on  the offical site that ive seen.

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495
    Originally posted by Sirr0

A recent interview(that you can find on the offical forums)  actually has some in game combat, its prototype though but it still looks great.  As far as screens go only screens available are on  the offical site that ive seen.

Well if you could post a link of the prototype combat that would be interesting. I"m getting pretty bored of everyone saying, OMG! MO! it looks so cool! and then I look to see that same clip yet one more time. How long has that clip been floating around now, about a year?

I don't  really read much about games in development. That stuff all reads the same. Innovative features, non-linear game play, a world players control, yadda, yadda, yadda. I could write that stuff in my sleep. I just look at the screens and videos to see if the game is decent or not.

• KainisKainis Member Posts: 436

The forums have interviews where one can see newer vids of gameplay. Also they have been regularly updating the screenshot gallery, as more content is added. The devs have been quite forthcoming when there is new information to be given, and that is quite refreshing. However, I am afraid it will not be launched this summer, as originally hoped for, and possibly not until sometime in 2010.

-----------------------
    Tried- L2, Ryzom, WAR, DDO, PWI, Tab Rasa, Requiem, Champs, AA, JD, PWI, SUN, Dawntide

Played- SWG (pre-cu), AoC, VG, WoW, LoTRO,CoX, EQ2, DAOC, GW, PotBS, Aion, MO,APB, NASA, Fallen Earth, DCUO, Rift

Playing- EVE, Black Prophecy, TOR

Waiting for- Tera, Jumpgate Evo, WH40K, WWE, WOD, TSW
    --
    --
    "Hey, if Activision liked it, then they should have put a ring on it," Double Fine President Tim Schafer said. "Oh great, now Beyonce is going to sue me too."

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133
    Originally posted by Ihmotepp

Originally posted by Sirr0

Well if you could post a link of the prototype combat that would be interesting. I"m getting pretty bored of everyone saying, OMG! MO! it looks so cool! and then I look to see that same clip yet one more time. How long has that clip been floating around now, about a year?

I don't  really read much about games in development. That stuff all reads the same. Innovative features, non-linear game play, a world players control, yadda, yadda, yadda. I could write that stuff in my sleep. I just look at the screens and videos to see if the game is decent or not.

There is a thread full of links that is the very first stickied thread in this forum.  And as Sirr0 said a recent interview, you should be able to find which one it is as they are dated.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• imbantimbant Member Posts: 1,291

I think they were a little overzealous with the summer 09 prediction, just like every other MMO in this history of the genre (yes especially DF).

MO devs seem to have a good head on their shoulders, and if their dev team is on the small side, im glad they are focusing their energies on developing the game.

~~
    Darkfall Releases on: February 25th, 2009

Darkfall Recap of everything that has happened the last 3 months: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/213296

"The monsters are tough. I was looking for a challenge, but these things are just too damn smart." -DF Beta Tester

"If people were dismissing it, then they wouldn't be talking about it. The well-meaning gamers root for efforts that try to raise the bar. So who's left? It's so easy being a skeptic." -Tasos

Originally posted by Kainis

The forums have interviews where one can see newer vids of gameplay. Also they have been regularly updating the screenshot gallery, as more content is added. The devs have been quite forthcoming when there is new information to be given, and that is quite refreshing. However, I am afraid it will not be launched this summer, as originally hoped for, and possibly not until sometime in 2010.

I hope they don't make the mistake fo the DF devs and leave things buried in forums for fans to unearth. If there is a new vid, it needs to be posted on the website where ti's easy to find, IMO.

Again, all I've really encountered is the same old vid of the guy on the rhino leaving the castle.

I'm not looking for videos of interviews with the developers, but game play. No one seems to have any links to something besides the same old clip that's been around for quite some time.

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

I hope they don't make the mistake fo the DF devs and leave things buried in forums for fans to unearth. If there is a new vid, it needs to be posted on the website where ti's easy to find, IMO.

Again, all I've really encountered is the same old vid of the guy on the rhino leaving the castle.

I'm not looking for videos of interviews with the developers, but game play. No one seems to have any links to something besides the same old clip that's been around for quite some time.

Ahh, so you're just looking for eye candy and pretty pictures. Well, the only thing I can suggest is to go back into hibernation. With their small team and considering they are moving toward the portion of beta where invites may go out (re: the timer on the main page) I don't think they have too much free time to make a video of a quality in which your first words aren't "that sucks" or "nothing to see here".

I'd personally prefer they spend any time at all they have to work on MO in any capacity getting it invite beta ready and overall launch ready than making some video that doesn't mean crap in the grand scheme. *shrug*

Edit: Oh, and there is a tiny bit of alpha gameplay in that newest interview. You just have to have the diligence to see it. Mats mentions it also on the forums too.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• poppetspoppets Member Posts: 93

the website is not online

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Here is the tv video MO part on youtube:  (Turn on closed captioning in the bottom right of the video (CC))

www.youtube.com/watch

In game footage of Alpha at 5:27.  A minotaur wrecks a guy, shows ragdoll physics, and then wrecks the player watching.  Shows the alpha gui. 

Originally posted by Khalathwyr

Ahh, so you're just looking for eye candy and pretty pictures. Well, the only thing I can suggest is to go back into hibernation. With their small team and considering they are moving toward the portion of beta where invites may go out (re: the timer on the main page) I don't think they have too much free time to make a video of a quality in which your first words aren't "that sucks" or "nothing to see here".

I'd personally prefer they spend any time at all they have to work on MO in any capacity getting it invite beta ready and overall launch ready than making some video that doesn't mean crap in the grand scheme. *shrug*

Edit: Oh, and there is a tiny bit of alpha gameplay in that newest interview. You just have to have the diligence to see it. Mats mentions it also on the forums too.

IMO, that doesn't make much sense. It doesn't take any more time to make a video than it does to give an interview in the forest.

You're saying, well, they can't make a video of game play, they have to much work to do! and if you don't believe me, watch the developer interview where the dev is walking around in the woods talking about the game!

I'm not bashing the game, don't get upset, I was just asking for something besides the guy riding the rhino. If there isn't anything else, yuou can just say, there isn't anything ese. no big deal.

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

IMO, that doesn't make much sense. It doesn't take any more time to make a video than it does to give an interview in the forest.
    You're saying, well, they can't make a video of game play, they have to much work to do! and if you don't believe me, watch the developer interview where the dev is walking around in the woods talking about the game!
    I'm not bashing the game, don't get upset, I was just asking for something besides the guy riding the rhino. If there isn't anything else, yuou can just say, there isn't anything ese. no big deal.

The last video interview isn't fresh. It has several months, so don't excite yourself.
    Devs said it clearly that they won't release news about anything they aren't certain.
    So they won't show in a teaser a balista throwing rocks in siege war, if they aren't certain they won't have to take it down because it won't work as planned.

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

Originally posted by joshe

The last video interview isn't fresh. It has several months, so don't excite yourself.

Devs said it clearly that they won't release news about anything they aren't certain.

So they won't show in a teaser a balista throwing rocks in siege war, if they aren't certain they won't have to take it down because it won't work as planned.

That sounds like a very sensible and reasonable approach. I guess I'll just have to wait till there's something besides the video of the guy riding a rhino.

This also tells you why it's better to look at vids and screens than get excited over new features that are innovative, etc., etc. They might make it into the game, they might not.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

They announced beta was coming then put up an ominous counter on the main page, my guess is that in 24 days we will get some MO goodness.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

Originally posted by skeaser
    They announced beta was coming then put up an ominous counter on the main page, my guess is that in 24 days we will get some MO goodness.
    Who announced beta was coming ?
    Link or it didn't happen.

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494
    Originally posted by skeaser

For more on the counter check out this post:

www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/361/view/forums/thread/224224/Secrets-and-riddles-within-the-countdown-All-brilliant-minds-please-assist.html