Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 coming in 2010/2011

Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

First of all, this is not a QQ thread. I'm not even waiting on GW2 atm. This picture was just posted on an Aion fansite and I thought you may want to see it (sorry if it has been posted before).

Source: wartower.de

imageimage

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Crap, I hoped for a Q4 release. I really want this game.

Still, thanks for the list.

I thought the western version of Aion would release earlier, 1 year is a long time to translate a game... Maybe you should post it in the general forum too, is a good list to see what NC softis doing.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

That's what I expected right from the start. I would much rather ArenaNet take their time and release a high-quality, finished product like the original. I, too, am extremely excited and have high hopes for the game. I do realise, though, that if I want an excellent game, I'm going to have to let them develop it properly first.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Not disappointed in the release time frame but players will be stuck with the same ole same ole for the next possible 2 years waiting for GW2.

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

lol now we have plenty of time to fill out the HoM

and victor  we are getting a content update somewhere in 09  BTW

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

wow thats disappointing 2011 for GW2

i guess thats why  they are planning to release content updates for GW this year

Aion to was hoping for mid Year

Thanks for the info

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

quoting Mike o'brien on an official letter in the GW webiste:

On Friday, NCsoft released investor materials that showed a very broad release window for Guild Wars 2, with the explanation that release timing is still "to be announced." ArenaNet has never given a release date for Guild Wars 2 other than "when it's done." NCsoft's investor materials are a reflection of that philosophy.

do not despair. GW2 will come. ANET is just giving us time more time to do other things before they rule our lives again with GW2.

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604

I was hoping for a 2010 release, but will wait patiently so that when it does arrive the games is as fun and polished as the original.

Maybe it's time for me to finally pick up my copy of GWEN.

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

Punch Monster? lol.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    Originally posted by Tekaelon
    Maybe it's time for me to finally pick up my copy of GWEN. 

Be warned that that will make you a lot less excited about GW2.  GWEN is not a bad game, mind you; it's not like they've grafted something awful like Runescape into the game.  It just doesn't come remotely close to the standards set by the campaigns.

Edit:  somehow dropped the word "not" from a sentence.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Quizzical

It just doesn't come remotely close to the standards set by the campaigns.

I agree

GWEN was fun the 1st time though but I wasnt inspired to take my other characters through it

- unlike the regular chapters

• almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658
    Originally posted by Nadia

It just doesn't come remotely close to the standards set by the campaigns.

I agree

GWEN was fun the 1st time though but I wasnt inspired to take my other characters through it

- unlike the regular chapters

I personally like GWEN better then Factions but I understand why most people feel this way.

However, it's worth buying especially if GW2 is gonna be about 2 more yrs until release.

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351

I can understand why some people don't like Factions, but at least that has some decent challenges.  GWEN is so comically easy that most of the game, it's hard to fail a mission without actually trying to.  Even if you seriously screw up, it doesn't matter, and you win anyway.  In getting ten characters through in easy mode, I had 38 mission failures in Prophecies, 71 in Factions, 14 in Nightfall, and 2 in GWEN.  No, I'm not missing a digit on that last one.  Two mission failures in all of GWEN, total, out of ten characters.  Hard mode is presumably harder, but whenever I'd play GWEN much, I'd be like, this is stupid, the campaigns are so much better, I should go back to one of the campaigns. 

I can understand why some people don't like Factions, but at least that has some decent challenges.  GWEN is so comically easy that most of the game, it's hard to fail a mission without actually trying to.  Even if you seriously screw up, it doesn't matter, and you win anyway.  In getting ten characters through in easy mode, I had 38 mission failures in Prophecies, 71 in Factions, 14 in Nightfall, and 2 in GWEN.  No, I'm not missing a digit on that last one.  Two mission failures in all of GWEN, total, out of ten characters.  Hard mode is presumably harder, but whenever I'd play GWEN much, I'd be like, this is stupid, the campaigns are so much better, I should go back to one of the campaigns. 

I didn't like the city bit of factions but overall I've really liked all of the GW games. I hardly played GWEN but that was because I felt that I had a great run with GW but it was time to retire.

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210
    Originally posted by Man1ac

I didn't like the city bit of factions but overall I've really liked all of the GW games. I hardly played GWEN but that was because I felt that I had a great run with GW but it was time to retire.

Honestly?   I loved the city section, because it was so different from anywhere else and still IS so different from any other dungeon style area, however mainly for me, after 18months of prophecies (including beta) I needed a change from the same old areas...  

hell, I was so bored of just playing prophecies that I hadn't even bothered completing it, I'd almost gotten to giving up and walking away from the game and I was only PvP'ing at that point

imageimage

• safwdsafwd Member Posts: 879

Quick question if i may.

Is GW2 going to be an open world or is it going to be the same style as GW? I think i read something that said it was going to be open but i cant find it now.

official faq

www.guildwars.com/products/guildwars2/gw2faq/

information from an interview

wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_The_Status_Quo

1. Open and persistent world

The most important change in Guild Wars 2 concerns the world, which is shared with all other players for the first time - exactly the same as in other (non-free!) online roleplaying games! This means that you will also meet other players outside of outposts and be able to form groups and do quests together.

Areas will only be instantiated when doing certain quests and missions. Nevertheless, and it is very important to the developers, Guild Wars 2 won't imitate any other online roleplaying game. Mindless monster camping, generic "collect this and get that"-quests and loot stealing will be avoided. Traveling through the whole world can be avoided as well due to the same map travel concept as utilized in Guild Wars.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

It is going to have an open (persistent) world, with instancing used for missions and important quests etc. Therefore we'll get the awesome missions we have in the original with the added benefits of persistence without the two encroaching on each other.

• safwdsafwd Member Posts: 879

Thanks!

I think all answers by default should be "GW2 is going to be awesome!!"

• TraceGaleTraceGale Member Posts: 45

I've been Playing GW for two years now and im getting bored with it. I've seen all the landscapes,cities,dungeons so forth and so on. The only thing i havent done is collected titles....Anyways

I feel that GW2 is going to be the best MMO in a loooooong time. They say WoW IS the best MMO now. I don't agree.

I've played several MMO's and the only one i keep going back to is GW and based off of the response they got from GW and they've taken advice from the fans,in game. Just not the noobs but the vets.I think GW2 Is going to set the bar for what a New Age MMO should be. All the MMO's that keep coming out are just diffrent images of past MMO's but GW isn't like that.

Anything Guild Wars is the future of our MMO.

/agree.

With my damn self!

Originally posted by TraceGale

I've been Playing GW for two years now and im getting bored with it. I've seen all the landscapes,cities,dungeons so forth and so on. The only thing i havent done is collected titles....Anyways
    I feel that GW2 is going to be the best MMO in a loooooong time. They say WoW IS the best MMO now. I don't agree.
    I've played several MMO's and the only one i keep going back to is GW and based off of the response they got from GW and they've taken advice from the fans,in game. Just not the noobs but the vets.I think GW2 Is going to set the bar for what a New Age MMO should be. All the MMO's that keep coming out are just diffrent images of past MMO's but GW isn't like that.
    Anything Guild Wars is the future of our MMO.
    /agree.
    With my damn self!

I will also agree with this. If they can make a high quality p2p game and not have a monthly fee I think it could change the way of mmo's imo.

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249

Easy? try HM dungoens on all available dungeons and do HM vanquish too while you're at it.  GWEN is a great game, it's beautiful, interesting sceneries and there are many things to do.  I luv it.

one thing that may turn off players in GW2 is they are retaining the "map travel" feature

you are not forced to map travel and "slow traditional travel" is always available to you

- but I know map travel negatively impacts immersion for some gamers

travel over "already explored" content does not have to be another time sink

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210
    Originally posted by Nadia

one thing that may turn off players in GW2 is they are retaining the "map travel" feature

you are not forced to map travel and "slow traditional travel" is always available to you
    - but I know map travel negatively impacts immersion for some gamers

travel over "already explored" content does not have to be another time sink

actually, according to polls on official Guild Wars forums like Guru, GWO and on the old TGH, Map Travel was one of the biggest draws to Guild Wars and that is closely folled by the lack of servers and segragation of the playerbase and that anyone can play with anyone else anytime

imageimage

I play a game to enjoy it not to spend it traveling. I love map travel and the district system.

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.