Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online release date?

Does anyone know the potential release date for DC Universe online?

Comments

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

They haven't released a date for it yet.

• BatmanlivesBatmanlives Member Posts: 40

No date set as of yet.Imstarting to think in 2010 now just because of the lack of info coming out of the DC site were as Champions has a new update every couple of weeks or so and a release date of june 09.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642
    Originally posted by Batmanlives

No date set as of yet.Imstarting to think in 2010 now just because of the lack of info coming out of the DC site were as Champions has a new update every couple of weeks or so and a release date of june 09.

Yes 2010 , along time to wait. SOE is so Slow.

With WoWs new expansion regaining customers and the NGE vets awaiting The Old Repulic in 2009 , The MMO parade is passing SOE by.

Oh well, they can always but out a couple more expansion and card packs for EQ1 and 2.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• BatmanlivesBatmanlives Member Posts: 40

Now im thinking late 09 just from some of the comments i have heard .

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Ya know for some SOE cant do it right no matter what. If its 2010, its belated because SOE is too slow, if its 2009, they say they rush it out. *rolls eyes*

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

From what I can gather DC Universe has an estimated 2010 release date.

It also has a much more positive following from city of heroes/villians EU fanbase than Cryptics Champions game...which is strange you would think the COX fanbase would prefer Cryptics new offering seeing COX was Cryptics baby.

Anyway if you wish to check out both the DC Universe and Champions discussions on the COX EU boards you can find them both here. uk.boards.cityofheroes.com/postlist.php

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

recent interview

www.joystiq.com/2009/02/04/joystiq-interview-wes-yanagi-on-creating-dc-universe-online/

We've heard late 2009 / early 2010?

Yeah, those are all speculations.

We heard it from Geoff Johns [the writer]!

Well, that was just kinda something that he was just throwing out there. Right now we don't have any projections or anything like that.

Would you like to use this opportunity to debunk that news then?

I would say that we don't have a date right now. There's really no date.

UPDATE: "That is correct. There is no official date."

• iluvpancakesiluvpancakes Member Posts: 3

when would this game be out?

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Originally posted by jinxit

From what I can gather DC Universe has an estimated 2010 release date.
    It also has a much more positive following from city of heroes/villians EU fanbase than Cryptics Champions game...which is strange you would think the COX fanbase would prefer Cryptics new offering seeing COX was Cryptics baby.
    Anyway if you wish to check out both the DC Universe and Champions discussions on the COX EU boards you can find them both here. uk.boards.cityofheroes.com/postlist.php

I played CoX awhile my self. At PAX08  I had a chance to play Champions online. It had way to cartoony graphics IMO (think its the style there going for), the mechanics felt to similar to CoX,and even the outfits looked very similar to some of the costume options form CoX. DCUO looks to be imo a more true to comic book feel in game play. but who knows its still early in Dev for both games. 

• coldcut333coldcut333 Member Posts: 86

According to this game store in UK theres only a week to go for release :) www.game.co.uk/PC/RolePlaying/MassivelyMultiplayer/~r335930/DC-Universe-Online/

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by coldcut333

According to this game store in UK theres only a week to go for release :) www.game.co.uk/PC/RolePlaying/MassivelyMultiplayer/~r335930/DC-Universe-Online/

Lol, cool! I buy it! :D

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

at E3 2009, the game was still in Pre-Alpha

it was announced a few months ago that it would launch sometime next year, 2010

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/230060/expectation-of-2010-release-officially-announced.html