Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO version of RBO

A.DantesA.Dantes Member Posts: 148

I recently dusted off my copy of RBO ( Ragnarok Battle Offline ).  Unfortunately, just like the name says, it is very much offline.

Can any one point me to one of the 2D MMOs with a similar style?  I recall looking at a few in the past (long enough I've forgotten the exact names) and found those ones to be very lacking in comparison.

Comments

• DeegoDeego Member UncommonPosts: 5

The only thing slightly similar I can think of are...

Pi Story...and...

A Korean and a Japanese game.

What kind of game? Because in RBO, they had awesome team-combos . Beat-em-up side-scroller like Streets of Rage? PvP based like Rumble Fighter?

Help, help, help. It's all fun.

• A.DantesA.Dantes Member Posts: 148

Pi Story and Grind Chase are not at all what I'm looking for.

Its mostly the combat style that I want to match.  The combat in the above two is very stiff and inflexible.  For basic attacks, you're essentially just whacking one button repeatedly.  In RBO, even without skills there is a wide range of different basic attacks you can perform just through the combination of the two attack buttons and directional keys.

• DeegoDeego Member UncommonPosts: 5

hm...

I guess there really are no games like RBO online.

The only thing similar would be the Tales of games..or the later-more guage-based ones atleast. Wonder if someone will try making an RBO styled mmo one day.

Help, help, help. It's all fun.

• lildarkklildarkk Member Posts: 31

Have you tried, 'La Tale'. It's 2D with more than a few different classes. It is very similar to RBO.