Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlantica v Perfect World

Hello, I've recently uninstalled Atlantica and loved it. The reason being for my installation was to try Perfect World since it seemed so intruiging. Can you please give me a brief overview of which is better, I am curently trying Perfect World. Thank You, for your time and patience

Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul.
Find The Inner Peace within Your Self.

Comments

• ArshoonArshoon Member UncommonPosts: 71

I can't really compare the two because I have only played Perfect World. But I can tell you what I and my wife thought of Perfect World.

Simply put, the game is very restricted. You can play one of three races and each race can be two classes. For a class-based game, its the most limiting of them. Second, you cannot set your UI to anything but their default. There are a few checkboxes but that's it. No keymapping, no mouse inverting. Nothing. They don't care if you don't like the defaults, and that uncaring is even reflected in their forum posts.

The game is, like most, a WoW-clone where the only things to do are the usual get a quest to kill X spawn X-number of times or collect X number of things from X spawn. Crafting itself didn't look very good. The sound effects are terrible and though the graphics are pretty,  the game leaves you wanting for more than it can deliver.

Edit: Oh, and why is this in role-playing discussions? If you are looking for RP, Perfect World is the worst choice. There are no RP servers and no one role-plays. I know, I am a role-player.

If you aren't actively part of the solution, you have no right to complain about anything.

• spinach8puffspinach8puff Member CommonPosts: 864

The gameplay in both is very different. I suggest checking out these threads for more information:

Perfect World International: Same ole, same old? or BEST FREE MMO GAME ~! ~!

Atlantica Online: Small review... or Atlantica Online. A truly Unique game.

• KrystDaymenKrystDaymen Member Posts: 68

OMG...please don't waste your life on the piece of excrement known as Perfect World.  The only thing perfect world is designed for is to make money. 

I have a level 73 cleric on PW that I recently retired simply because the game is so heavily botted and people that are willing to spend the cash will ALWAYS be better than the ones who are poor because, as I said...the game is designed to make money.  It is made in such a way that it keeps you broke in game to make you angry enough to spend real life cash.  I spent 250 USD in 3 months and I still had a worthless toon...and I played 12 hours a day.

I couldn't compete with the botters and the people that were spending thousands monthly (yes I said thousands.  I know 2 people that spent 6K r/l money in 3 months.  Now all this is on Lost City server which is the pvp server...I don't know about Heaven's Tear....

But I beg you...DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME...that is 3 months I'll never get back.

DISCLAIMER:  This post, as always, is only my opinion.

Krystar Daymen (Old School UO player baby)

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

how bout....

Who cares?   VS.   Who Cares Less?

seriously....can we get anymore useless MMO's these days?

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• redcrusaderredcrusader Member Posts: 4

Atlantica Online for me because of the turn based game play... im tired playing all the wow clones out there...

• ReanemeikoReanemeiko Member Posts: 183

I'm voting for Atlantica,... You don't regret palying this game rather than Perfect world... Atlantica offers a new features that we can't find in other  MMO's..

*** Atlantica Online***Reanemeiko*** Mycenae

('@') Oink!

• Max-OMax-O Member Posts: 6

Well, From what i've heard from manyyyyy.... people is that Perfect World is made to make money.

The game has ton's of botts and if you pay you get more and more so payers will stay the strongest.

There's no fun because there's botters and all that and no fair game play.

I woudln't recommend you to download this nor play it. 

So my vote goes to Atlantica. 

This is my oppinion << you might think somthing else, You might not. 

• vonkeitzvonkeitz Member Posts: 166

i vote for Atlantica..

its more fun playing this and the game features are quite unique compare to other MMORPG

• merv808merv808 Member UncommonPosts: 511

Honestly, Ive tried Perfect World and I just couldn't get into it. AT all. The story (what little there is) is pretty hard to follow. And there is nothing that grabs you.

Atlantica, on the other hand has some original ideas. The turn-based combat, team build, and the guild dungeons keep it fun. I do think the game has lost a bit since the launch of the cash shop though.

• milwalmilwal Member UncommonPosts: 65

I just cannot believe what i am reading here, do you all work for Atlantica?

PW is by far the best out of the 2 and by far the best MMO out there as we speak yes including subbed games, i know i have played all of them!

I am not going to waste anymore time on this thread as nobody here seems to know anything about MMO's...

What a laff....Seriously folks..

• ChibicheeChibichee Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by milwal

I just cannot believe what i am reading here, do you all work for Atlantica?
    PW is by far the best out of the 2 and by far the best MMO out there as we speak yes including subbed games, i know i have played all of them!
    I am not going to waste anymore time on this thread as nobody here seems to know anything about MMO's...
    What a laff....Seriously folks..

Then laff... no one will stop you, well this thread is subjective means it's just an opinion right? there is no right and wrong they just shared their opinion and you shared yours....don't be so one sided, hahahahaa

You can't stop others giving opinions for your sake..are you like a child? care about you also...

LOL

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

Atlantica felt like a breath of fresh air compared to so many MMOs.....Perfect World felt like same old same old....... The quests in PW got old fast and it just felt like every single one was eitehr kill 10 or kill 20....... After awhile it felt like nothing was being accomplished so I just moved on........WHile Atlantica's quests seem to follow a pattern they are at least unique enough to make it feel like you are doing soemthing new...... Whats funny is that people scream for something new and original all the time but when they try Atlantica they cant handle that its different hehe.

• SerriaSerria Member Posts: 33

wow, thanks so much for posting and answering this! I was just gonna download perfect world - the screenshot looks so good! I did notice their item mall items on their website are quite expensive. 3 races and 2 classes are indeed very limited. The game I'm playing(shadow of legend) has four races and four classes. Each class then evolves to four. The skill tree is extensive and item mall items are really cheap. most items can get from drops too. but it is 2d game - i was hoping perfect world would be another game to play.

• darklildarklil Member Posts: 5

i vote for perfect world cuz i didn't play the atlantica. at first, the graphics of perfect world really catch my eyes. but recently i'm kinda be tired of it for its endless questing and the prices of the items are experience. maybe i can give a shot to the atlantica!

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Perfect world just offers the same old boring game play as previous mmos, atlantica delivered something new and managed to keep me hooked for a while.

In my oppinion a game should be enjoyable from the beginning, i quit perfect world in 2 hours.

• masteryoyoymasteryoyoy Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Agoden

Perfect world just offers the same old boring game play as previous mmos, atlantica delivered something new and managed to keep me hooked for a while.
    In my oppinion a game should be enjoyable from the beginning, i quit perfect world in 2 hours.

woa.. playing for 2hours in PW sounds boring to you... hahaha... i didn't play this game yet but i want to try it and see for my self if there saying that PW concentrate on money making and lot botters.. i tried atlantica online and i won't give my comments yet.. i want to try them both.. hahaha...

• papachicopapachico Member Posts: 3

Atlantica is and will always be the best among the rest. :D ahoo!!!

• elit3gam3relit3gam3r Member Posts: 186

perfect world? Errr! i quit that game.

Cant you see whos number one in this site? Its Atlantica Online. Dont compare Atlantica to that game dude. Because Atlantica is a good game.

Luminary: Rise of the GoonZu player

• chocob0chocob0 Member Posts: 7

perfect world is a good game but its boring already when i try to play this game atlantica online so i vote Atlantica. Hey i am new in this game and i start this game last 2 weeks ago. hope this game will last.

• XtrMXtrM Member Posts: 6

I played perfect world for 4 months on Heaven's tear server and playing this game was the worst mistake of my life. I spent 200$, played a lot and in the end all i get is pure regret.

This game is just made to rip you off. They just made seducing graphics and the rest of the game gets pure bs after the first few weeks.

The game GM's are incompetent and i am sure this game will fail, it deserves to.

(the above is my personal experience)