Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why christianity and most religions are flawed.

If man sinned before the creation of Earth when he was with God the problem then is not rooted in his own sin but rather the foundation of himself , God. The classical man is another word for a idiot , he is mechanical he can only think what he is programmed and placed with , he can't go beyond the external world thus he lacks proper thought. You have to look at the foundation , the roots not the branches and leafs , you see , we are the branches and leaves and God is the roots. The whole life of the tree is from God , the roots , yet most religious people are exactly like the mechanical man they only think about the branches and leafs because that is what the eyes see , they don't go deeper , to the roots where the whole of the tree is supported and grown from. If there is a problem with the tree than there's a problem with the roots , not the other way around. Thus we can conclude that the classical ''religious"" man can not go deeper than the outside , he can't go deep enough in his own thoughts to the roots he only see the branches and the leafs , showing ignorance and mechancial tendencies.

Comments

• Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

All organized religions are flawed. Religiousness is flawed.

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Some of you (and I'm looking squarely in the direction of the US atm) need to stop taking religion so serious. Stop being such fanatics or so "anti-religion" by assuming a religion is at fault or flawed when stories from 300 Anno Domine don't make sense anymore in 2009. Christ..pun intented.

It's more than time for an off-topic religion/politcs forum.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by xxvicexx

Man was created after the Earth..zz

But i like how you've taken the teen angst to now early 30's whiney baby trash and applied it to blaming God now.

"Its not Timmy;s fault he did x..Its GODS!"......zz

If you don't like "religion" then don't practice..tada your problem is solved.

We can conclude that those who bash religious people in numerous ways are simply missing something in their lives..so they need an excuse for their lack.

Big Boys blame the JEWS.

I blame Rosie O'Donnell. I don't really know why but everything is her fault!

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• GorakkhGorakkh Member Posts: 694
    Originally posted by xxvicexx

Man was created after the Earth..zz

But i like how you've taken the teen angst to now early 30's whiney baby trash and applied it to blaming God now.

"Its not Timmy;s fault he did x..Its GODS!"......zz

If you don't like "religion" then don't practice..tada your problem is solved.

We can conclude that those who bash religious people in numerous ways are simply missing something in their lives..so they need an excuse for their lack.

Big Boys blame the JEWS.

Ok..Mr sensitive..If you actually read my post you would've realized that I was not ""bashing"" religion merely pointing out a major flaw.

Your too full , I have something to tell you :

It was obvious to the master from the start of the conversation that the professor was not so much interested  in learning about Zen as he was impressing the master with his own opinions and knowledge. As the Zen teacher explained , the learned man would frequently interrupt him with remarks like ""Oh yes, we have that too''..and so on.

Finally , the Zen teacher stopped talking and began to serve tea to the learned man. He poured the cup full , then kept pouring until the cup overflowed.

'"Enough"" The learned man said , the cup is overfull , no more will go in!.''

""Indeed I see"" Said the Zen teacher "" Like this cup you are full of your own opinions and speculations. If you do not first empty your cup , how can you taste my tea?''

• bojinxbojinx Member Posts: 172

It sounds like you have some confusion in your personal life, and now the only way you are coping with this is through anger. 

Originally posted by bojinx

It sounds like you have some confusion in your personal life, and now the only way you are coping with this is through anger. 

You just see the mirror of yourself. I'm not angry , I'm merely seeing the flaws from a deeper perspective. Just because millions of people believe in religion doesn't mean that the scriptures contain all forms of highest knowledge and are perfect , millions of people eat junk food , that doesn't make it good for you. I'm not putting blame on God merely I'm saying that this word ""sin'' and it's functions with man is deeper than what most religions purpose it to be.

• MandarrMandarr Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by Waterlily

Some of you (and I'm looking squarely in the direction of the US atm) need to stop taking religion so serious. Stop being such fanatics or so "anti-religion" by assuming a religion is at fault or flawed when stories from 300 Anno Domine don't make sense anymore in 2009. Christ..pun intented.

Taking another opprotunity to bash the US I see.  You're pathetic.

This website is a safe haven for trolls and haters. I'm done with this pathetic site.

Originally posted by Mandarr

I love you, you're awesome and if it wasn't illegal I would stalk you.

Awwww. Hugs.

Originally posted by Mandarr

I love you, you're awesome and if it wasn't illegal I would stalk you.

Awwww. Hugs.

Yes..this thread needs more love ^_^ That's the way to go waterlily

• eight675309eight675309 Member Posts: 246
    Originally posted by NeverLand7

You just see the mirror of yourself. I'm not angry , I'm merely seeing the flaws from a deeper perspective. Just because millions of people believe in religion doesn't mean that the scriptures contain all forms of highest knowledge and are perfect , millions of people eat junk food , that doesn't make it good for you. I'm not putting blame on God merely I'm saying that this word ""sin'' and it's functions with man is deeper than what most religions purpose it to be.

Since you started out with "If man sinned before the creation of Earth..", yeah, it's a deeper perspective. The only question is: deeper in what? 

• VishiAnandVishiAnand Member Posts: 239

religion is supposed to be flawed. its the "opium of the masses" - Marx

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

I AM NOT ANGRY!

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Some of you (and I'm looking squarely in the direction of the US atm) need to stop taking religion so serious.

How about taking a look in the other direction - Middle East to be precise. They're the religious fanatics, not us.

I was talking about christianity mostly sorry, but there's religious christian nutjobs here too.  It's dangerous and misleading to take anything you find in the bible at face value. Getting some positive values out of the bible? Awesome. Taking everything word for word and trying to make sense out of sections that just don't make sense in todays society....dangerous. I'm a christian but I have learned time and time again in school to take everything that's in the bible with a lot more than a grain of salt.

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247

If man sinned before the creation of Earth when he was with God the problem then is not rooted in his own sin but rather the foundation of himself , God. The classical man is another word for a idiot , he is mechanical he can only think what he is programmed and placed with , he can't go beyond the external world thus he lacks proper thought. You have to look at the foundation , the roots not the branches and leafs , you see , we are the branches and leaves and God is the roots. The whole life of the tree is from God , the roots , yet most religious people are exactly like the mechanical man they only think about the branches and leafs because that is what the eyes see , they don't go deeper , to the roots where the whole of the tree is supported and grown from. If there is a problem with the tree than there's a problem with the roots , not the other way around. Thus we can conclude that the classical ''religious"" man can not go deeper than the outside , he can't go deep enough in his own thoughts to the roots he only see the branches and the leafs , showing ignorance and mechancial tendencies.

You want to say religion, specifically Christianity, is flawed, yet you lack the most basic knowledge of it.

1. Man was created AFTER earth.

2. Man was given free will to CHOOSE his path, God or not, sin or not, etc....

if you look at your statement, once has to conclude it's just flawed from the root.  your idea of what Christianity is.   I think your sunday school teacher needs fired.

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247

I was talking about christianity mostly sorry, but there's religious nutjobs here too.  It's dangerous and misleading to take anything you find in the bible at face value. Getting some positive values out of the bible? Awesome. Taking everything word for word and trying to make sense out of sections that just don't make sense in todays society....dangerous.

I used to hang out with a group of friends in a local coffee house in Florida...

One thing that always left me speechless was how so called open minded people could accept wicca, buddah, islam, satanists, you name it...  then when the Christian walked into the room they would hiss at him or act like he was some sort of vile stink.

Ever wonder why?

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

You're really not seeing them from a perspective that's any deeper than anyone else who has ever asked questions about the nature of God, especially in a Christian context.

These questions are easily answered by the most basic theology contained in the Bible...If you want me to explain it for you then you'll have to send me a PM, i'm not going to write it out unless you truly want to hear answers to your questions.  If you do feel the need to PM me, please be specific with what you want answered. (IE, if man is sinful and if man is a creation of God then does that mean that God has to at least CONTAIN sin?)

Oh and you should know that I'm a few months from having a degree in Bible and Theology...so I won't just be pulling answers out of my butt...Aside from Enigma I don't know anyone else on these boards that has any kind of college education in Bible and Christianity.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

Does that mean norse mythology is correct because even the gods say they didn't create the world they just took it from the last gods that took it from someone else?

I'd think you could have atleast said something almost sensible like chiristians putting more faith in jesus than God, when they are supposed to put nothing before God.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

Originally posted by paulscott

Does that mean norse mythology is correct because even the gods say they didn't create the world they just took it from the last gods that took it from someone else?

They're vikings, they're always correct and they eat snickers.

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562

What Christians put more faith in Jesus than God? That's a heresy as far as I know. As a different kinda heretic, I have some experience with heresies.

At any rate, according to most forms of mainstream Christianity The Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are God.

Look at it this way. Think a thought. When you think a thought what do you do? You bounce it off something inside your consciousness. You think it, you reflect on it, then you settle. We do this for everything but the most instinctive thoughts.

that's three in one.

That's kinda How God (Father)/the Word/Son?Expression(Jesus) and the Holy Spirit is.

• EronakisEronakis Member UncommonPosts: 2,248

Umm, Why does it bother you so much? There has to be some kind of urge in you that is crying out for the truth. And obviously you have not found it, because you keep on complaining.

Also, Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

So you know God messed up, because we sin? That's God's fault that we sinned? Do you know God well enough to make that assumption? Other than that, its an opinion.

There was freewill even in God's presence. Lucifer, tempeted them to shy away from God. And look what happened. I see and understand what you are trying to saying, but personally why do you hate christians? I can probably already name a few whys for you.

1. They keep on pushing you and pushing you on their beliefs. -- As Christians we are suppose to teach and preach the word of God. When people who are not christians come in, and want too know more on a serious basis, then thats where we should encourage. All we have to do is let every ear hear the gospals and let the person decide for themselves because we can't make them believe. We should always be a helping hand to help those who are not in our faith.

2. Hypercietes -- You know a person who goes to church every sunday and they treat people like garbage and get wasted every weekend. Yes. That's not really a true Christian. Please understand, when or if you do become a Christian, you will never ever be perfect. You will still sin. It's the fact of, how much of that sin you do and acknowledge of doing it. You feel the convictions when you do feed the temptations. Your views on life change, and the way you speak and treat people should change as well.

They're vikings, they're always correct and they eat snickers.

You shut your mouth! I want my clarity!

Originally posted by Eronakis

Umm, Why does it bother you so much? There has to be some kind of urge in you that is crying out for the truth. And obviously you have not found it, because you keep on complaining.

So you know God messed up, because we sin? That's God's fault that we sinned? Do you know God well enough to make that assumption? Other than that, its an opinion.

There was freewill even in God's presence. Lucifer, tempeted them to shy away from God. And look what happened. I see and understand what you are trying to saying, but personally why do you hate christians? I can probably already name a few whys for you.

1. They keep on pushing you and pushing you on their beliefs. -- As Christians we are suppose to teach and preach the word of God. When people who are not christians come in, and want too know more on a serious basis, then thats where we should encourage. All we have to do is let every ear hear the gospals and let the person decide for themselves because we can't make them believe. We should always be a helping hand to help those who are not in our faith.

2. Hypercietes -- You know a person who goes to church every sunday and they treat people like garbage and get wasted every weekend. Yes. That's not really a true Christian. Please understand, when or if you do become a Christian, you will never ever be perfect. You will still sin. It's the fact of, how much of that sin you do and acknowledge of doing it. You feel the convictions when you do feed the temptations. Your views on life change, and the way you speak and treat people should change as well.

And somehow you think you know God better than me? From what? Some shallow hallucinations not actual experience most likely. Or from going to your teach and being a cookie cutter builder by copying all the scriptures just like the rest of the tools out there.

Originally posted by Eronakis

And somehow you think you know God better than me? From what? Some shallow hallucinations not actual experience most likely. Or from going to your teach and being a cookie cutter builder by copying all the scriptures just like the rest of the tools out there.

I know him, but I don't know him well enough yet. So you're one of those immature atheists who feel the need to rant about Christianity because it makes your self esteem increase. I could say the exactly same thing about you, because more than likely you're an evolutionists. Darwinism, is just theory, belief, same as mine. You have faith yours is correct and I have mine.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by Dekron

Some of you (and I'm looking squarely in the direction of the US atm) need to stop taking religion so serious.

How about taking a look in the other direction - Middle East to be precise. They're the religious fanatics, not us.

Heres some interesting facts.

More people are killed by Islamists each year than in all 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition combined.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisition

More civilians were killed by Muslim extremists in two hours on September 11th than in the 36 years of sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland.

cain.ulst.ac.uk/issues/violence/death95w.htm

Islamic terrorists murder more people everyday than the Ku Klux Klan has in the last 50 years.

www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/shipp/lynchingyear.html

19 Muslim hijackers killed more innocents in two hours on September 11th than the number of American criminals executed in the last 65 years.

www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/ESPYdate.pdf