Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your style?

AdrealAdreal Member Posts: 2,087

Writing? >>

You are a dark writer. A fierce and loyal follower of Poe and the other gothic authors, you LOVE to instill a sense of revulsion and somewhat fear in your readers. You love to poke their brains with logic dealing with the darker side of the human mind and character. Truly surprising and a true individual, you'll do ANYTHING to create a scene. :)

Partly true... I do sometimes perform physical acts to get into the minds of my characters. And, though my writing isn't always dark, it does contain a lot of elements of horror.

http://quizilla.com/users/shrike/quizzes/What's%20YOUR%20Writing%20Style%3F/

Have fun, fellow writers and non-writers alike.

"Put your foot where your mouth is." - Wisdom from my grandfather
"Paper or plastic? ... because I'm afraid I'll have to suffocate you unless you put this bag on your head..." - Ethnitrek
AC1: Wierding from Harvestgain

Comments

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

Hrm...Same.

Although i'm not a gothic writer. And Poe was a whacko.

I go into bloody detail, and usually try to write something fairly creepy. Say about vampires, although it uhm...Has a good meaning.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• AdrealAdreal Member Posts: 2,087

Hrm...Same.

Yeah, I did a few more random answers and it came up (with the majority) as being a dark writer but rest assured, there are other categories.image I also wanted to post another link to a quiz that I thought was pretty cool, but, alas, the website is full of errors.image

"Paper or plastic? ... because I'm afraid I'll have to suffocate you unless you put this bag on your head..." - Ethnitrek

Say about vampires, although it uhm...Has a good meaning.

So what sort of things do you write about? Have you written any long stories or short er... what?

Actually I've never finished them. Its more of a thing of practicing with idea's and writing techniques. Sort of sharpening the sword on a stone.

Although this was a couple years ago. Been meaning to get back into writing. Just haven't found the time. I suppose it'll just have to be left for old age.

J.R.R. Tolkien the 2nd here I come!

Someone got a pipe?

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

Oops. The boards are double posting again.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

so this is how finwe gets all his posts

lol

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Originally posted by MurtBijani

so this is how finwe gets all his posts
    lol

Spam board doesn't count posts...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

Been meaning to get back into writing. Just haven't found the time.

Yeah. I've got a fair amount of time to write, but just not enough of the right kind of time. I'd have to wear ear plugs all the time, and even then I'm not in the mood after studying for 8-9 hours each day. So... I usually only find the right time on weekends. I make it an effort to get in around 400 words on Friday and Sunday mornings before all hell breaks loose and the rest of my life starts. -_- I never write out of inspiration any more, and I rarely like to write, but thankfully enough I feel satisfied with my work and start to get into the mood once I write for a while.

By the way, I finished the first book of The Chronicles of Narnia and thought it was great. It was meant, of course, for children, but it was interesting enough to me. Even though it was worded in such a way to promote that atmosphere, I still found it a good read. Simplistic yet interesting. If I'm not mistaken, Tolkien and Lewis were friends. Mebbe I can be the second Lewis or... just end up a broken bum with crushed dreams. Either way. image

Originally posted by Adreal

By the way, I finished the first book of The Chronicles of Narnia and thought it was great. It was meant, of course, for children, but it was interesting enough to me. Even though it was worded in such a way to promote that atmosphere, I still found it a good read. Simplistic yet interesting. If I'm not mistaken, Tolkien and Lewis were friends. Mebbe I can be the second Lewis or... just end up a broken bum with crushed dreams. Either way. image

Yes. I would of said C.S. Lewis mainly because I'm a Christian to the best of my abilities. But he had a great knack for creating allegories. Obvious ones in fact, but yet was able to create an awesome adventure. C.S. Lewis really was an awesome writer. And the Chronicles of Narnia are in my top five favorite books of all time.

Oh. And yes I believe they were. In fact I heard that C.S. Lewis was pretty much converted by J.R.R. Tolkien. But their friendship hit some rocks when C.S. Lewis started to sort of get disgruntled by J.R.R. Tolkien not making the emphasis of his books Christian enough. And they parted ways.

I've heard alot of stuff about both of them, although don't take it for fact. Most of it is hear-say and to get the facts may want to do research.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

You are a freeform writer. Individualistic with a sense for the different and challenging, Walt Whitman and his poetry lacking meter and rhyme is just what the doctor ordered. You're quick to write something that the rest of the world doesn't accept as poetry, quick to separate yourself from the average joe. An author with a true sense of self, you have confidence in your abilities and aren't afraid to show it. :)

That doesnt sound like me at all........

" Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOM STICK!"

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

You are a freeform writer. Individualistic with a sense for the different and challenging, Walt Whitman and his poetry lacking meter and rhyme is just what the doctor ordered. You're quick to write something that the rest of the world doesn't accept as poetry, quick to separate yourself from the average joe. An author with a true sense of self, you have confidence in your abilities and aren't afraid to show it. :) GO YOU!

... sure... whatever image

--------------------------------
    Games Played - Too many to list~
    Games Currently Playing - City of Heroes
    Favorite Game So Far - Lineage 1 ^^
    Waiting For - EQ2 and WoW (OB is gonna be hell T_T l33t d3wdz everwhere >_<;;)

--------------------------------------

lol. not many categories I guess... so it tends to moreso generalize us than usual. *shrug*