Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Petition to Have Darkfall Refuge Forum

MackerniMackerni Member Posts: 230

Here is the description of SWG's Veteran Refuge.

"SWG Veteran Refuge

A place for disgruntled former and current SWG players to talk about the game that was and the game that now is, as well as for newcomers who are curious about the issues surrounding the changes that this game has undergone. *Note, MMORPG.com RoC will still be enforced."

Now I'm going to slightly re-write it.

"DF Refuge

A place for disgruntled former and current DF base to talk about the game that is not out yet, as well as for newcomers who are curious about the issues surrounding the game so far. *Note, MMORPG.com RoC will still be enforced."

Sounds like a good idea, I'm I rite? (I tried not to use the word troll in light I don't want to be based as a 'fanboi' of this game)

Comments

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

This again? People tried asking for a similar forum before Vanguard launched because they couldn't cope with the criticism and less than positive responses the game was getting at the time.

There is a very good reason why the SWG Veteran Refuge exists. It is because of the monumental changes brought by the NGE. The game went from something like 32 classes to 9. People had years worth of work on characters they loved completely destroyed. The whole game changed, and it all happened right after a paid expansion went live. It was huge news that even made big media outlets like the New York Times, and there are *still* hurt feelings about it all these years later. That's why the separate forum was created. It was a way to allow folks to vent about the NGE while still letting current SWG players have a forum, otherwise the former players affected by the NGE would dominate the conversation.

Let's put it this way-- even World of Warcraft only has one general discussion forum here. There's no way a separate forum will be made for Darkfall. SWG is an exception for exceptional reasons.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

To have a Darkfall refugee forum first you need aventurine to go bankrupt. Then soe will buy it and after that soe will ruin make the game more darfallistic, then you can ask for a darkfall refugee forum.

• MackerniMackerni Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by alakram

To have a Darkfall refugee forum first you need aventurine to go bankrupt. Then soe will buy it and after that soe will ruin make the game more darfallistic, then you can ask for a darkfall refugee forum.

Ah. You are wise alakram.

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096
    Originally posted by alakram

Now that just isn't fair.  Vanguard today is 100x better the game than it was at release.  Is it the perfect MMORPG?  No.  But it is a lot better today than most of the games on the market.  The people that actually play Vanguard feel SOE is doing an awesome job with the game.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    Originally posted by Mackerni

"DF Refuge

A place for disgruntled former and current DF base to talk about the game that is not out yet, as well as for newcomers who are curious about the issues surrounding the game so far. *Note, MMORPG.com RoC will still be enforced."

This pretty much describes this forum with the exception of the part highlighted in red.  I don't see why people can be disgruntled about a game that hasn't released yet.  It's like saying you don't like the taste of a new drink coming out when you haven't tasted it yet.  If you think there is something in that drink you are allergic to, then move on and go drink something else.

Originally posted by Paragus1

"DF Refuge

This pretty much describes this forum with the exception of the part highlighted in red.

Really? Looks to me like they're following the RoC:

Unsubstantiated comments about specific or general games will be penalized in nearly the same way attacks against people will. The exception is that you can say mean things about games provided you back it up with reasons.

Example: "Game X sucks." is not a legitimate comment. "Game X sucks, because..." is acceptable.

Seems like they're upholding their rules just fine, IMO.

Originally posted by Lidane

Example: "Game X sucks." is not a legitimate comment. "Game X sucks, because..." is acceptable.

Your kidding right?   I agree with you about what is not a legit comment, but to say they are enforcing their rules on people who post stuff like that is laughable.

Your kidding right?   I agree with you about what is not a legit comment, but to say they are enforcing their rules on people who post stuff like that is laughable.

No, Paragus1, Lidane is correct.  I served a 10 days suspension for that specific reason.  They told me I'm free to say what I  want, only if I back it up with reasons.  If I don't back it up and someone reports me, than I face a ban.  You may not like it.  But the forums are here for all of us to express our opinions, both good and bad. 

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

Originally posted by Shannia

No, Paragus1, Lidane is correct.  I served a 10 days suspension for that specific reason.  They told me I'm free to say what I  want, only if I back it up with reasons.  If I don't back it up and someone reports me, than I face a ban.  You may not like it.  But the forums are here for all of us to express our opinions, both good and bad. 

Ah, then that is good to know.  I see a lot of the same people post bashes without supporting facts, and they seem to do it fairly regularly, which is why I assumed they were not doing infractions.   They must not be very consistent about it then.

Originally posted by Shannia

Ah, then that is good to know.  I see a lot of the same people post bashes without supporting facts, and they seem to do it fairly regularly, which is why I assumed they were not doing infractions.   They must not be very consistent about it then.

Well, uh... lets not talk about that.  Speaking about my feelings on how well MMORPG.com staff monitors their forums got my first account here perma-banned.  As such, I'll leave that topic at the door.

• jonyakjonyak Member Posts: 320

I got a warning for posting back after a negative comment, with a fairly tongue in cheek comment about the OP's negative comment.

He is still here posting nonstop.

this place is a fucking joke.

Originally posted by jonyak

I got a warning for posting back after a negative comment, with a fairly tongue in cheek comment about the OP's negative comment.
    He is still here posting nonstop.

this place is a fucking joke.

Or maybe you took me way too seriously? I was joking. The poll is a joke of itself. I'm mocking everybody here who is talking about an UN-released game.

Again.

Say it.

UN-released. As in, it's NOT even RELEASED yet.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

The refugee forum in SWG was added becuaes the gameplay was changed in such a drastic manner after 2.5 years, that it did literally alienate half (or more than half) its player base. Has Darkfall somehow changed its game for you to be pissed off with? Have you payed and played for MULTIPLE years only to have the game you bought, loved, and played destroyed or changed?

Then no.........you do not need to have a refugee section for Darkfall......

Originally posted by miagisan

The refugee forum in SWG was added becuaes the gameplay was changed in such a drastic manner after 2.5 years, that it did literally alienate half (or more than half) its player base. Has Darkfall somehow changed its game for you to be pissed off with? Have you payed and played for MULTIPLE years only to have the game you bought, loved, and played destroyed or changed?
    Then no.........you do not need to have a refugee section for Darkfall......

Good point.  A lot of what these folks are talking about leads me to believe that the proper title should be Darkfall Post-Tower Refuge Forum.  It seems the disturbance in the force with DFO is as great to the DFO fan base as NGE was to the SWG fan base.  Only difference is that the DFO fan base likes to forget that DFO is still in beta and this change was made because of the actions of some of the beta testers exploiting weak game mechanics.  You have to simple trust Aventurine that this change was made for the good of the game.  How many times have we seen the fanbois telling the trolls to shut up and color?  Aventurine's game, Aventurine's rules.    That advice doesn't feel so good when something goes against your preferred play style, does it?

Those aren't my examples. They're lifted directly from the Rules of Conduct on this site. People are free to criticize a game for whatever reason they see fit as long as they give a reason.

You could argue that moderation might be inconsistent, but it DOES exist, and most of the people that the DF fans are complaining about are actually following the site rules. That's the point.

• Shanks123Shanks123 Member UncommonPosts: 99

im a former swg player and i can tell you that you dont deserve a refuge forums. you cant be a refuge from a game you never played. by definition a refugee is a person who flees to a foreign country or power to escape danger or persecution. in the swg case we fled the swg forums to the mmorpg forums where they accomidated us and i thank them for that.

I'm Here. I'm Awesome. Get Used To It.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

There is a very good reason why the SWG Veteran Refuge exists. It is because of the monumental changes brought by the NGE. The game went from something like 32 classes to 9.
    100s of Tasos promises.........all broken.
    People had years worth of work on characters they loved completely destroyed.
    People have been following DF for 8 years, and now with beta leaks their hope is destroyed.
    The whole game changed, and it all happened right after a paid expansion went live. It was huge news that even made big media outlets like the New York Times, and there are *still* hurt feelings about it all these years later. That's why the separate forum was created. It was a way to allow folks to vent about the NGE while still letting current SWG players have a forum, otherwise the former players affected by the NGE would dominate the conversation.
    DF threads that try to invoke a decent discussion about game mechanics can't go more than 2 pages without a fanboi posting they are wrong, a troll, and should gtfo.
    Let's put it this way-- even World of Warcraft only has one general discussion forum here. There's no way a separate forum will be made for Darkfall. SWG is an exception for exceptional reasons.
    By all your standards I think DF does fit the mold.

Originally posted by thinktank001

By all your standards I think DF does fit the mold.

Heh. Not even close. Nice try, though.

The only way that there could be any comparison at all is if some time after Darkfall's release, Aventurine releases a paid expansion, then days after the expansion goes live, completely changes the game without warning, say by adding levels and classes, or removing some of the FFA PvP and full loot aspects of DF.

SWG really is an exception in the genre because of what happened to the player base and to the game itself. There's no way that Darkfall will get a second discussion forum. The Vanguard fanboys tried the same thing for their game before it launched, and it went nowhere then, too.

Originally posted by Shanks123

im a former swg player and i can tell you that you dont deserve a refuge forums. you cant be a refuge from a game you never played. by definition a refugee is a person who flees to a foreign country or power to escape danger or persecution. in the swg case we fled the swg forums to the mmorpg forums where they accomidated us and i thank them for that.

LMAO.

I can't believe people are still taking me seriously. Just re-read the underline part and then read my posts in this thread ... it's so funny because people here have so much venom that they act like the SWG vets who actually have something to bitch about. (Just read the post above this one to feel a little of it )

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

um swg wasnt even good in the beginning granted its terrible now but come on get over it and leave for a real game

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by Frostbite05

um swg wasnt even good in the beginning granted its terrible now but come on get over it and leave for a real game

like darkfall?

/snicker

(Just read the post above this one to feel a little of it )

If you're referring to my post, you're wildly off the mark.

There's no venom on my part at all. In fact, my only play experience with SWG was at launch and I didn't even ride out the free month. I'm simply pointing out that SWG is such an anomaly in the genre that there is a reason why they have a second discussion forum for the players that were affected by the NGE. I was pointing out what would have to happen to DF in order for there to be any similarity between DF and SWG, requiring a second discussion forum.

Until another NGE-type change happens to some other MMO, no other game on this site will have a forum like that. Not even World of Warcraft has a second discussion forum.

• Shanks123Shanks123 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by Frostbite05

idc if you dont think swg was a good game. iv got a few thousend friends at least that think its better than anything out there right now. and yes im calling everyone who loved prc cu my friend cause they are more or less.

I'm Here. I'm Awesome. Get Used To It.

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

Here is the description of SWG's Veteran Refuge.
    "SWG Veteran Refuge

A place for disgruntled former and current SWG players to talk about the game that was and the game that now is, as well as for newcomers who are curious about the issues surrounding the changes that this game has undergone. *Note, MMORPG.com RoC will still be enforced."
    Now I'm going to slightly re-write it.
    "DF Refuge

Sounds like a good idea, I'm I rite? (I tried not to use the word troll in light I don't want to be based as a 'fanboi' of this game)

No way to make it fair. For it to be fair, DF fans would have to be barred from bringing up DF in other forums, which is what started a lot of the trolling.

I'd like to talk about PvP in WoW....

PvP in Wow sucks, wait till DF!

I'd like to discuss sandbox play in SWG pre CU....

SWG sucks, DF will be the most awesome sandbox!!

Etc., etc.