Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

two monks in a formation

impaktoimpakto Member Posts: 314

guys ive been trying a new formation, here's how it looks

spear - sword - main(cannon)

axe    -   monk  - gun

monk  -   gun

ive placed shield of protection on one monk, and protect on one...

so far i'm liking it, everytim my main gets damage, it heals and adds def because of SOP, and before the turn it heals again because of protect..

what could be the problem in this one? or should i continue this?

Comments

• shadow_51shadow_51 Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by impakto

axe    -   monk  - gun
    monk  -   gun

so far i'm liking it, everytim my main gets damage, it heals and adds def because of SOP, and before the turn it heals again because of protect..

Cannon main is good to build up an aoe team... I guess that 2 monk will be useless, so far you will need slots in your team to add new mercs like BT, witch , cannoner...

your party lack of heal, you need badly a shaman.

drop spear and monk and add bt and shaman

use sword, axe and bt in first line to tank

bye

• FerdscuteFerdscute Member Posts: 108
    Originally posted by shadow_51

axe    -   monk  - gun
    monk  -   gun

Cannon main is good to build up an aoe team... I guess that 2 monk will be useless, so far you will need slots in your team to add new mercs like BT, witch , cannoner...

your party lack of heal, you need badly a shaman.

drop spear and monk and add bt and shaman

use sword, axe and bt in first line to tank

bye

he is right.. you really lack heal on your build.. the healing skill of shaman/oracle will be more usefull than the protect + shield of protection of your 2 monks..

you should just continue your build for a stun build.. ill suggest you a formation:

sword - vik - bt

gun - main(cannon) - gun

monk - shaman - art

when you get to a higher level, replace sword with lady knight, cannoneer for artillery, oracle for shaman.. in this way you can surely pwn in PvP

• felifefelife Member Posts: 96

well... you need make a team based on your play style... personaly i like more one heavy stun for range team, well you can try 2 guns + 1 cannon or 2 cannons + 1 gun.

monks in last row for don't be silenced

spear - sword - Sword

axe - Main(C) - gun

Monk -  Cannon(Or gun) - Monk

later you can try it

Exo - Spear - LK

Viking - Main(C) - Inventor

Monk - Cannoner - Monk

you will have 3 cannons(cannoner + main + inventor summon) + 1 gun(inventor) for do a nice stun setup, with exo for use mana seal on monk, you can stun all mercs. you can get a archer in merc room too, for later you replace archer with 1 monk (Seal mana/silence and opponent can't awake)

Atlantica beginner guide
    If you look the guide please comment
    Akabane - argos - 9x

• dubistblaudubistblau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 274

i think your line up really sucks. it really sucks that deers could even kill it. lol! but seriously, you should think of changing it. ^^

• gubpitasgigubpitasgi Member Posts: 5

how do i get a monk?

• gsp_rushgsp_rush Member Posts: 113

You really need a shaman in your line up. Awakening and Holy guard do heal, but very little HP unlike the shamans. For the above question on where to get a monk, you can do the quest of Huike.

• felifefelife Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by gubpitasgi

how do i get a monk?

at lvl 18 near to beijing you can do this quest... on the npc "Huike"... later of done all quests you will get a sealed orb like the viking one... if you don't find this npc you can try look at : Game info > npcs > Search: huike and auto-move to it... well at shadow dungeon you will need make a party (If you are low level) and on this boss you can kill on party, good luck. =]

Atlantica beginner guide
    If you look the guide please comment
    Akabane - argos - 9x

• impaktoimpakto Member Posts: 314

you can also pick them up, they are wandering all over the place..

• kapalmobrodkapalmobrod Member Posts: 6

this is really weird for me because i dont even have a monk. hahaha! how poor i am. could you just give me one of your monks? what's the use of that?

just look, they're wandering all over the place...

• potanesspotaness Member Posts: 7

woah... this is cool!!! ill try this when i get my monk!!! could anyone help me do my monk quest?

• aka_len20aka_len20 Member Posts: 19

i want to get monk too... but i'll probably have just 1 monk and 1 shaman for starters... XD

im trying out something new... i made  a new account... and im trying a shaman main... and id still put two monks... i think this would be better... or not.. ill tell you guys whatever happens.. hahha

• fukinenamfukinenam Member Posts: 6

hi there guys!!! can i have 3 monks? i was thinking to do a formation like that. :D it think that will be cool...or stupid. lol! hahaha!

• l0wrydal0wryda Member Posts: 47

it's basically like everybody above said, your team has no heals. What some people don't realize is at high levels, nobody really attacks the mains anymore. They become too strong with high lvl monk skills, gear, mounts, and costumes. There is no point in keeping your cannon main alive if your other 8 mercs are dead. It doesn't matter how strong your main is, it will die in a 9 vs 1. 

Originally posted by fukinenam

hi there guys!!! can i have 3 monks? i was thinking to do a formation like that. :D it think that will be cool...or stupid. lol! hahaha!

yeah that's stupid..

• elit3gam3relit3gam3r Member Posts: 186

axe    -   monk  - gun
    monk  -   gun

yaayyytss... you forgot you're shaman..you need a shaman for support or blessing of life... hey by the way.., may i know what is the purpose of you're 2 monks??

Luminary: Rise of the GoonZu player

• nipolsmonipolsmo Member Posts: 5

where ca i get the monk? i cant find it...

Originally posted by nipolsmo

go to huike, you can start your monk recruiting quest with him.. he is near beijing...

• naga2009naga2009 Member Posts: 14

just find first the npc who will give the monk quest near Beijing, i think its huike...

• next_gennext_gen Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by naga2009

just find first the npc who will give the monk quest near Beijing, i think its huike...

they are always around the town and travelling i think you need to persuade them to join in your party or hire him...i think you need to pay or give him a gift...i think its minimum is 10K Gold

i got my second monk for 80k.. shite.. hahaha

difficult to please.. haha

• lolkamololkamo Member Posts: 4

i use the same line up and it is pretty much effective if you would ask me. :D