Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can't believe the behavior based on this game.

PiivotPiivot Member Posts: 35

How can there be fanbois and trolls of a game that isn't released yet?.  You have no idea about the final product.  I've seen countless name calling sessions in here.  I admit, I don't have to click on the forums about DF, but the constant bickering about the features is amazing.  Aren't you people ashamed about the way you are behaving?  Unless you work for the company, or are a Dev, .....you just don't know.

Let's make an analogy:  A movie.  Trailers are just that.  They let you sneak peek at the product to get the attention of the gaming community.  After all:  they need to be seen to be sold. 

The Director's cut often times isn't the final version.  Same with this game.  Unless they say , "Here is the final version and an OFFICIAL trailer.",  I would say any (I'm right and you're a loser) arguement is moot.

Many of you have almost pledged your lives to this UNRELEASED game.  Many of you HATE it.

Based on what?  Based on your opinions and perception of what little UNOFFICIAL material is out there.

I realize a forum, a PUBLIC forum is for discussion.  Great, but why pack it full of UNFOUNDED accusations and name calling?

Grow up, move along and WAIT.  Bickering won't bring the game along any faster.  I'm honestly surprised the site has allowed the ignorance to go on for this long.

Played:SWG,WoW,AoC,Aion,FE,CoH,CoV,TabRas,LoTR,L2,Ryzom,Eve
Looking for: an mmo home.

Comments

• atziluthatziluth Member UncommonPosts: 1,190
    Originally posted by Piivot

How can there be fanbois and trolls of a game that isn't released yet?.  You have no idea about the final product.  I've seen countless name calling sessions in here.  I admit, I don't have to click on the forums about DF, but the constant bickering about the features is amazing.  Aren't you people ashamed about the way you are behaving?  Unless you work for the company, or are a Dev, .....you just don't know.
    Let's make an analogy:  A movie.  Trailers are just that.  They let you sneak peek at the product to get the attention of the gaming community.  After all:  they need to be seen to be sold. 
    The Director's cut often times isn't the final version.  Same with this game.  Unless they say , "Here is the final version and an OFFICIAL trailer.",  I would say any (I'm right and you're a loser) arguement is moot.
    Many of you have almost pledged your lives to this UNRELEASED game.  Many of you HATE it.
    Based on what?  Based on your opinions and perception of what little UNOFFICIAL material is out there.
    I realize a forum, a PUBLIC forum is for discussion.  Great, but why pack it full of UNFOUNDED accusations and name calling?
    Grow up, move along and WAIT.  Bickering won't bring the game along any faster.  I'm honestly surprised the site has allowed the ignorance to go on for this long.

You do realize what you are doing right now is flame baiting. There is nothing constructive or even relevant to the game forum you are posting in and the content is caustic in nature. So how exactly are you not a troll contributing to the mess you claim to despise?

-Atziluth-

- Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

• imbantimbant Member Posts: 1,291

heh i just made a similar post at the exact same time...it has gotten so scary bad right now that it makes you think of your own maturity level and what you are doing sharing a hobby with certain posters here.  Though the fans can get out of hand at times as well, my post was probably more out of frustration of the pathetic trolling.  I would love to be able to give full explanations of DF...but....can't right now...

~~
    Darkfall Releases on: February 25th, 2009

Darkfall Recap of everything that has happened the last 3 months: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/213296

"The monsters are tough. I was looking for a challenge, but these things are just too damn smart." -DF Beta Tester

"If people were dismissing it, then they wouldn't be talking about it. The well-meaning gamers root for efforts that try to raise the bar. So who's left? It's so easy being a skeptic." -Tasos

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707

Yup another flaming 09 just like the rest of the kids at forumfall

SNIP

• KazeKaze Member Posts: 55

She is the little person you see at brawls who would stand up in the middle of one and manage to get out "Can't we all just get along" at the same moment a chair hits her.

Its pointless to even think you're going to quell the troll and fanboi war, when they are done with this forum and the game is released they will move to another. I admit I have trolled here but not as extensive as some. I lost interest in the game but was really hoping it was gonna be one of the greats, well at least it can be called one of the pioneers and maybe what this game lacks others in the future will deliver.

• PiivotPiivot Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by atziluth

You do realize what you are doing right now is flame baiting. There is nothing constructive or even relevant to the game forum you are posting in and the content is caustic in nature. So how exactly are you not a troll contributing to the mess you claim to despise?

Actually I don't care what your opinion of my post is.  I am just getting tired of all the "adults" and 12 year olds in here arguing over an UNRELEASED game.    Nice try to spin. 

It has gotten out of hand.  Myself?  I would feel very stupid doing so.   BTW:  I won't respond to this post anymore.  I'll wait for the moderators to start acting to clean this garbage up.

Played:SWG,WoW,AoC,Aion,FE,CoH,CoV,TabRas,LoTR,L2,Ryzom,Eve
    Looking for: an mmo home.

• KazeKaze Member Posts: 55

I'm honestly sorry you feel this way.

We do hope this is not going to make cloudy judgement on future MMOs on your behalf.

But with that said, Don't let the doorknob/mouse pad hit ya.

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

It's simple, its the current  "in thing"  your either "in" with the fanbois or your "in" with trolls.

I've decided to not go with the "in thing" this time round and hang with the geeks and nerds in the chess club.

Actually I don't care what your opinion of my post is.  I am just getting tired of all the "adults" and 12 year olds in here arguing over an UNRELEASED game.    Nice try to spin. 

It has gotten out of hand.  Myself?  I would feel very stupid doing so.   BTW:  I won't respond to this post anymore.  I'll wait for the moderators to start acting to clean this garbage up.

I have not spun anything, please point out to the contrary.

You are on a forum, why are you here if you are not interested in other people's opinions? You pretty much just confirmed my entire post about trolling and flame baiting. We know it is unreleased. Many of us have been on here for YEARS talking about this game. Any time you post a topic on a board especially for a game that has cultivated a caustic community you will get bickering. Please show me a forum where there are not fights to some extent. Again if this is a shock to you then why post?

You basically did a drive by caustic thread lamenting about these boards getting out of hand with drive by caustic threads.

-Atziluth-

• maxnrosymaxnrosy Member Posts: 608

I just noticed the fanbois and trolls stopped fighting for a moment, looked at her. Sla[[ed her and then went back on their fight.

Watching Fanbois drop their soap in a prison full of desperate men.

• deucalliondeucallion Member Posts: 183

I have not spun anything, please point out to the contrary.

You are on a forum, why are you here if you are not interested in other people's opinions? You pretty much just confirmed my entire post about trolling and flame baiting. We know it is unreleased. Many of us have been on here for YEARS talking about this game. Any time you post a topic on a board especially for a game that has cultivated a caustic community you will get bickering. Please show me a forum where there are not fights to some extent. Again if this is a shock to you then why post?

You basically did a drive by caustic thread lamenting about these boards getting out of hand with drive by caustic threads.

Lol, what he said.  Anyone with a lick of sense should realize that coming into a forum and chastising everyone for being immature is hardly going to get a diplomatic response.  Of course the charm of The Forum is that very few people are possessed of a lick of sense

• dark-merlindark-merlin Member Posts: 314

Honestly I think most of us are just wasting time until the game is released, fans & trolls alike...

This is what makes Darkfall such an awesome game - PVP ingame and on the forums, all forums, wild and untamed -

this community would be boring without DF, no question about it

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

Well no matter where you look, there's only trolls and fanbois left. There is not a single thread that would be free of troll or fanboi claims. You can't even talk about opinions or game mechanics anymore since some f*cker will always get hurt emotionally and starts whimpering about trolling or "troll baiting" or what ever new word he comes up next.

It's not just Darkfall, look around.  Darkfall just gets more attention currently since it's background.

• maxnrosymaxnrosy Member Posts: 608
    Originally posted by dark-merlin

Honestly I think most of us are just wasting time until the game is released, fans & trolls alike...

This is what makes Darkfall such an awesome game - PVP ingame and on the forums, all forums, wild and untamed -

this is a pvp fourm. Ohly crap i demand a pve fourm i refuse to get ganked by fanbois and trolls.

Watching Fanbois drop their soap in a prison full of desperate men.

Originally posted by dark-merlin

On this we completely agree.

This board is filled with polar opposites and everything inbetween. Saying to stop fighting is like throwing a bunch of pyromanics into a fireworks factory.

-Atziluth-

• almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658

You gotta love the person with the audacity to poke the hornets nest in the crowded campsite. Then run away when the hornets come out to bite.

PS. You better have thick skin to play with us

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

Originally posted by almerel

You gotta love the person with the audacity to poke the hornets nest in the crowded campsite. Then run away when the hornets come out to bite.
    PS. You better have thick skin to play with us

Kind of reminds you of something a child might try. Ironic given the substance of the OPs post.

-Atziluth-

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

Posted this in another thread, but I'll repost it here.

There is a thread about this HERE on another section of this site.  The moderators have instructed to voice concerns there.  I definitely agree with you though, the community has become the topic of conversation instead of the game, and MMORPG.com needs to start enforcing its own forum policies in regards to trolling and handing out infractions.

• RaizeenRaizeen Member Posts: 622

people believe in jesus so why wouldint they believe darkfail is gonna be the greatest game ever or that it will completely suck before its even released? simple people are retards but then again my self i will never touch this game unless i can play it for free cause if i wanna play a crappy looking old game il play morrowind or even oblivion with the online mods if i feel the need to play a sandbox game so badly with others

• loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 264
    Originally posted by Paragus1

Posted this in another thread, but I'll repost it here.
    There is a thread about this HERE on another section of this site.  The moderators have instructed to voice concerns there.  I definitely agree with you though, the community has become the topic of conversation instead of the game, and MMORPG.com needs to start enforcing its own forum policies in regards to trolling and handing out infractions.

Get over yourself. You troll as much as anyone. To think fanboys like you aren't considered trolls is just stupid. 

You are as bad as the OP. Lets all get along and voice our opinion on the trolls so we can turn this into a "positive imaginary DF forum only place"!! 

I guess I'll be the one to get this thread locked. Hey look the NDA <-- I said the word NDA lock this thread.

• dark-merlindark-merlin Member Posts: 314
    Originally posted by Raizeen

people believe in jesus so why wouldint they believe darkfail is gonna be the greatest game ever or that it will completely suck before its even released? simple people are retards but then again my self i will never touch this game unless i can play it for free cause if i wanna play a crappy looking old game il play morrowind or even oblivion with the online mods if i feel the need to play a sandbox game so badly with others

You just blew my mind with that coherence in writing and informative monologue

• loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 264

So all you did was try to bash on religion because you're an athiest in a game forum? Hmmm.... 

• almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658

Jesus would at least use good grammar

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

• RaizeenRaizeen Member Posts: 622
    Originally posted by loxleynew

So all you did was try to bash on religion because you're an athiest in a game forum? Hmmm.... 

lol i do hope jesus does exist and all but the people who keep a bible in there car or jacket when theyr going somewhere are just hmm....

• LeKinKLeKinK Member Posts: 899
    Originally posted by maxnrosy

I just noticed the fanbois and trolls stopped fighting for a moment, looked at her. Sla[[ed her and then went back on their fight.

I wanted to quote her and say something really sexiest but decided not to.  

But seriously, when you start a thread don't ditch it on your second post saying everything here will be trash..

Pro's do it after the first page or 2. 

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    Originally posted by loxleynew

Get over yourself. You troll as much as anyone. To think fanboys like you aren't considered trolls is just stupid. 

You are as bad as the OP. Lets all get along and voice our opinion on the trolls so we can turn this into a "positive imaginary DF forum only place"!! 

I guess I'll be the one to get this thread locked. Hey look the NDA <-- I said the word NDA lock this thread.

I have always been in the "judge it when it releases" crowd.  I'm sorry if me refraining from pissing on the game makes me a fanboi to you.  I have on many occasions  pointed out problems I see with the game currently, but again, I will wait till it comes out before I write my review.

NDA are forum rules, sorry if you don't respect them.   Nice personal attack by the way.

This discussion has been closed.