Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game looks sick

Im really looking forward to this game but i am hoping its not going to be instanced for each of the areas like how Age of Conan was.....

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Originally posted by socrates656

Im really looking forward to this game but i am hoping its not going to be instanced for each of the areas like how Age of Conan was.....

Some, but not as much as in AoC. See quote below.

Will there be instancing in the game?

James: Yes. There will be instances in the game, and it's improtant for a lot of reasons. We want to be able to do storytelling and have players experiences that aren't disrupted like they are in public areas.

Rich: But we are balancing the instanced areas with the public parts.

James: Because it's an MMO and players play MMOs because they want to feel part of a vast world with lots of other players, you can't make too heavy use of instancing, or you'll take that feeling away. That's something we're very aware of.

Rich: I actually met my first online friend when they saved me from dying. That's an experience you don't get in instances.

www.tentonhammer.com/node/47132

Thing is you may not even know you hit it since the game engine streams things like instances. No loading screens.

Seamless World and Instances

Utilizing a room visualization system, an area can contain an unlimited number of rooms. Rooms can in turn be set to render or not render adjacent rooms, greatly saving on render times and costs.

Transitional pieces can then be utilized to allow large scale texture bank swaps as a player exits one area and enters another. This powerful and flexible system delivers stellar performance and the appearance of a seamless world.

www.heroengine.com/world.asp

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529
    Originally posted by tillamook

Originally posted by socrates656

Some, but not as much as in AoC. See quote below.

Will there be instancing in the game?

James: Yes. There will be instances in the game, and it's improtant for a lot of reasons. We want to be able to do storytelling and have players experiences that aren't disrupted like they are in public areas.

Rich: But we are balancing the instanced areas with the public parts.

James: Because it's an MMO and players play MMOs because they want to feel part of a vast world with lots of other players, you can't make too heavy use of instancing, or you'll take that feeling away. That's something we're very aware of.

Rich: I actually met my first online friend when they saved me from dying. That's an experience you don't get in instances.

www.tentonhammer.com/node/47132

Thing is you may not even know you hit it since the game engine streams things like instances. No loading screens.

Seamless World and Instances

Utilizing a room visualization system, an area can contain an unlimited number of rooms. Rooms can in turn be set to render or not render adjacent rooms, greatly saving on render times and costs.

Transitional pieces can then be utilized to allow large scale texture bank swaps as a player exits one area and enters another. This powerful and flexible system delivers stellar performance and the appearance of a seamless world.

www.heroengine.com/world.asp

Cool stuff.

I'm hoping for a more WoWish type world with destiny night time quests like AoC had.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,082

Looks like this game is gonna be the closest to that.

• Warshack1337Warshack1337 Member UncommonPosts: 39

I would say that this games graphics should be at least 2-3 notches higher than wow's "cartoony" feel.. If i wanted to play a game that looked like a comic book I think I would just read a comic book.