Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not a mmorpg

KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

I had to clear this up with Phantasy star online too. Admin, its been a year and this is not a mmorpg, it is a mmo strategy game. Can you remove it from the forums? I think alot of people can back me up on this.

-----------------

"I killed your cat, you druggie bitch."

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Comments

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

How is it not an MMORPG?

Massively Multiplayer: Yup.
    Online: Yup
    Role Playing: Yup.
    Game: Yup.

In all honestly, if ANY game is a role-playing game, it's TSO. What is role-playing? Playing a different role, right? thats exactly what you do in this game.

by the way I think this game sucks, but it's 100% MMORPG.

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

Beta tested: EQ2, WoW, L2, SoR

• milhoan6milhoan6 Member CommonPosts: 580
    I just recently cancelled my account because I was bored out of my mind but it is an MMORPG, and if you've played it more than 10 seconds before froming an opinion you would know it is an MMORPGimageimage

MMORPG's Im currently playing: The Sims Online, Second Life, Asherons Call 2, EVE, and City of Heroes

MMORPG's I've played: Star Wars Galaxies, Anarchy Online DAOC, EQ, WW2 Online, and Knight Online

• phantomrileyphantomriley Member Posts: 45
    Jim broke down what an mmorpg is very well. Basically if you are playing a role (acting is roleplaying look it up), then your roleplaying.
  • DoctorRatDoctorRat Member Posts: 54

I hated this game, but it's an MMORPG. Massively Online, and while the title of "Role Playing" is often up for debate it fits this game in that you play a role.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by jimothypetro

How is it not an MMORPG?
    Massively Multiplayer: Yup.
    Online: Yup
    Role Playing: Yup.
    Game: Yup.
    In all honestly, if ANY game is a role-playing game, it's TSO. What is role-playing? Playing a different role, right? thats exactly what you do in this game.
    Heh, I agree man. I think the author of this topic forgot the meaning of the word.
    Beta tested: EQ2, WoW, L2, SoR

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• SirFragsMoreSirFragsMore Member UncommonPosts: 2

I would call it a RP-G, it is Role Playing.

• jerseyjersey Member Posts: 14
    Ok...I'm tired of all this. Just because the first mmo's to come out were all 'hack & slay' types, does NOT mean TSO is not an mmo. You ppl need to open your eyes and start expanding your mind! There's only going to be more and more games like TSO SO GET USED TO IT!!! TSO IS AN MMORPG!!!!!!!!!!!!image