Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The MMORPG in my head.

Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529

So once again I sit here at my desk and day dream of one MMO to rule them all. Here it is...

I want a skill-based system. Not one that is waaaay too complicated, but maybe a simpler version of Darkfall or Mortal Online, but more complex than Runescape.

I want the PvE to feel like Tortage in AoC, only with a group to battle alongside. Epic stories of intrigue and murder...the overthrowing of tyrants, the destruction of terrible mosters. I want to go on adventures deep into the mountains to slay that nasty monster. I don't mind kill x of y quests, as long as they aren't every quest I do. I want some interactive quests thrown in between the kill collectors and fedex quests. Make the story come alive the way Tortage did.

I want the economy to be player run, where crafting is important. I don't want overly complex crafting, but I don't want WoW style crafting. I've always enjoyed trading with players. I'm not sure that I want everything to be sold on the AH though. Maybe have certain materials be labeled as "Black Market" and can only be sold through /trade.

I want a variety of PvP. Large keep and city sieges, smaller town raids, duels, something sort of like the Old Runescape Wilderness. I also want to be able to level by PvP and it should be just as fast as PvE.

I want grouping to be easier than solo. Solo should still be viable, but grouping should be a little easier with better rewards to encourage community.

PvP and PvE should be separate, sort of like WAR's RvR lake system, only the RvR lakes would cover a much larger area and you would sometimes have to journey into that area for certain quests.

I want the world to be artistically pleasing to the eye, not necessarily the greatest graphics. If I wanted realism, I would go outside...maybe beat my brother with a stick and scream "You Shall Not PASS!"

And most importantly...I want to be a part of a community. A good community, because I believe that community more than anything else will cause a game to grow into something special.

Every-so-often I need to do this. I get all these ideas in my head and image my perfect MMORPG, which causes me to look at the games I currently play and get that nasty feeling in the pit of my stomach. So thank you to any and all that read this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

Comments

• ThePreventerThePreventer Member Posts: 92
    Originally posted by Capn23

So once again I sit here at my desk and day dream of one MMO to rule them all. Here it is...

I want a skill-based system. Not one that is waaaay too complicated, but maybe a simpler version of Darkfall or Mortal Online, but more complex than Runescape.

I want the PvE to feel like Tortage in AoC, only with a group to battle alongside. Epic stories of intrigue and murder...the overthrowing of tyrants, the destruction of terrible mosters. I want to go on adventures deep into the mountains to slay that nasty monster. I don't mind kill x of y quests, as long as they aren't every quest I do. I want some interactive quests thrown in between the kill collectors and fedex quests. Make the story come alive the way Tortage did.

I want the economy to be player run, where crafting is important. I don't want overly complex crafting, but I don't want WoW style crafting. I've always enjoyed trading with players. I'm not sure that I want everything to be sold on the AH though. Maybe have certain materials be labeled as "Black Market" and can only be sold through /trade.

I want a variety of PvP. Large keep and city sieges, smaller town raids, duels, something sort of like the Old Runescape Wilderness. I also want to be able to level by PvP and it should be just as fast as PvE.

I want grouping to be easier than solo. Solo should still be viable, but grouping should be a little easier with better rewards to encourage community.

PvP and PvE should be separate, sort of like WAR's RvR lake system, only the RvR lakes would cover a much larger area and you would sometimes have to journey into that area for certain quests.

I want the world to be artistically pleasing to the eye, not necessarily the greatest graphics. If I wanted realism, I would go outside...maybe beat my brother with a stick and scream "You Shall Not PASS!"

And most importantly...I want to be a part of a community. A good community, because I believe that community more than anything else will cause a game to grow into something special.

Every-so-often I need to do this. I get all these ideas in my head and image my perfect MMORPG, which causes me to look at the games I currently play and get that nasty feeling in the pit of my stomach. So thank you to any and all that read this.

i get the same feeling in my stomach when i do that too, dont know a game that would be like the one you described wish i did, but if you do happen to find it let me know.

imageimage

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529
    Originally posted by ThePreventer

Originally posted by Capn23

i get the same feeling in my stomach when i do that too, dont know a game that would be like the one you described wish i did, but if you do happen to find it let me know.

hehe yah...there's not, because if there were...I don't think you would see me post on MMORPG ever again lol.

Here are some more things I just though of...

Tools for RPers. I hate it when I don't have basic emotes such as /sit or /sleep or /lay. Being able to actually sit in seats. I also hate not being able to dance with other people. wouldn't it be cool to host a dance in some big empty hall...just for the heck of it? This also helps build a strong community. It's little, but it's crucially important for the longevity of the game. I know some people think that's weird, but to some others...it makes or breaks a game.

Little mini-games to participate in around the world. A big arena to have gladiator battles in...ship battles in a certain area...just silly fun stuff like that.

and PQs but on a much more epic scale and fewer of them than WAR has. It's an awesome conecpt, but I think WAR made too many of them. Make them bigger and more epic.

There...I'll probably end up posting more ideas as they come along.

Just thought of something else...

ship battles. God would that be fun. Fighting for control of some island...

and destructable keeps and cities. Who wouldn't want to raze a city to the ground?

• lifesbrinklifesbrink Member UncommonPosts: 553

Let's go a bit beyond ship battles and make airship battles!  I have yet to see a game pull off airships and airship battles.  Just think of how amazing it would be though...

My blog is a continuing story of what MMO's should be like.

• BrifBrif Member UncommonPosts: 529

If you make it, I will play.

Originally posted by lifesbrink

Let's go a bit beyond ship battles and make airship battles!  I have yet to see a game pull off airships and airship battles.  Just think of how amazing it would be though...

OoooOOOoOoOooooOOO!

That DOES sound fun!

It would sort of be like normal ship battles...with cannons and swinging on to the opposing team's ship...or maybe if your ship is close enough there would sort of be like magical launch pads that would throw you onto the opposing teams ship.

If the ship gets destroyed...you can still steer it, but that baby is goin' down! It would be fun to crashland on some island in the middle of the ocean and have to make your way back to civilization. It would be even more interesting if you could salvage some of the materials to build a small boat to haul your comrades back to port.

oooo...I have goosebumps

Originally posted by Brif

If you make it, I will play.

If you have 500mil dollars and a talented team to work with, I will make it :D