Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG Survey

Hey all,

For a school project I'm conducting a research project on MMORPG gamers. Its a pretty short survey 10-15 mins and I would awesomely appreciate it.

Here is the link to the survey. Thanks again.

Comments

• christranchristran Member Posts: 21

Oops, I forgot to not, I'm specifically looking at second life and WoW players, but anyone who plays any MMORPG can participate!

bump.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I felt a bit discriminated with the age selection above 35 all were the same, as if I were the same as something with being 80! *__*

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Elikal

I felt a bit discriminated with the age selection above 35 all were the same, as if I were the same as something with being 80! *__*

Dammit, son.We're old, don't ya know!

• XebecXebec Member Posts: 63

There you go. Wasted another 10 mins of my life, but I hope I've helped you with your project.

Now please go grab me a cup of coffee and make me a sandwich.

Originally posted by Elikal

i'll definetely make revisions to that on the next survey I do. Thanks for the help! much appreciated.

• sanedorsanedor Member Posts: 485

Ok, there you go, and that 35 age thing lol.. hurt a person felings.. Joking was good questions

Originally posted by sanedor

Ok, there you go, and that 35 age thing lol.. hurt a person felings.. Joking was good questions

Haha. I didnt even think about it. Come to think about it, im 30, in grad school and I play games like no other. I should have thought about the 35 thing too. I'm almost there!

TTT

• porovaaraporovaara Member Posts: 48

You should really break out the age bracket on the over 35 as we are only one generation away from people who have had games all their lives. The typical ~35 year old probably played games in an arcade. The typical ~45 year old probably played the EARLY games at bar and a lot of Pinball.

• CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

ANOTHER one?  didn't we already get one of these today?

I say again: they should have their own forum

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• unherdninjaunherdninja Member Posts: 331

1)Can/when will we get to see the results?

2)Its says 18+ to take part. Whats that all about. I think your information is going to be swayed alot in one direction by making that choice. Im 16 and I took the survey anyways. Dont send the police after me! 

If youre interested in seeing the results, just shoot me your email and I'll send you a copy as soon as its done.

As for the 18 and over bit,  the board that oversees all human research at schools make it super hard to get approval to "study" ppl under 18, since youre not allowed to give consent without parents permission. Its just the politics of it.

Originally posted by porovaara

You should really break out the age bracket on the over 35 as we are only one generation away from people who have had games all their lives. The typical ~35 year old probably played games in an arcade. The typical ~45 year old probably played the EARLY games at bar and a lot of Pinball.

I totally agree with you. I didnt think about it when i wrote the question. I forgot that I'm almost 30 and have been playing games forever too. It's something I'll have to adjust for future surveys.

• vinariusdvinariusd Member Posts: 27

your servey is lame i hope you get a F

TTT

• vinariusdvinariusd Member Posts: 27

nah better yet after contemplating what i would do i would rather him be drawn and quartered for his vile survey.

Way to go bagging on stuff you don't understand. If you dont want to complete it, then don't. For those who do complete it, I appreciate it a lot.

bumpity bump.

anyone else wanna take my survey? please!?

• Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Done...hope you discover something!

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

Originally posted by Beatnik59

Done...hope you discover something!

Thanks man! Looking at the data, before running statistical analysis on it, it looks promising. I'll keep ya updated when I can reveal the full scope of what I'm looking at.

One of the last few bumps. I'm nearting the end of gathering data, thanks for all of your input everyone!

One last push to get some more data before collection ends! Its almost over!

• TidusRTidusR Member Posts: 42

There you go all done!