Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Approximately when do you guys supose Aion will have a closed beta for us North Americans?

darkness421darkness421 Member Posts: 16

I've been wondering about this for  awhile, also checking mmorpg.com DAILY and looking up Aion. It's mind racking and Is starting to annoy me actually. If anyone of you know or have a guess as to when it will have any type of release. Please do post it here so it can somewhat re assure me.

Comments

• VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757

I've read it is suppose to be Q2 2009 for release. I think I read that there isn't a closed beta for US, but probably some form of a beta to make sure all runs well.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

This is just a guess, so please keep that in mind. I dont think they are going to have a closed or open beta for the NA release. I mean the game has already been released and is live. What exactly do they need to test on the NA version aside from the translation? Some countries in EU are also going to have the English translated version or at least an option for it. I think they will just do as they stated, I know I read it somewhere on their site, that it will be released every 2 months. January in China, March in EU and May in NA. Ofcourse I hope im wrong and we get to play it before May but hey, no rush as long as the game works and is polished by the time I get it lol. 

Happy Hunting.

Starting Class Elyos Sorcerer.

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

There is no english beta.

Preview events so that some of us paying attention will get to try it before release and to maybe test out servers and such, I guess.

As for frustration for waiting.... lol.

Just keep checking, if it helps, Ayase of NCsoft EU community peoples blogged that they have been having 'meetings' lately... So maybe we'll get updates soon.

*crosses fingers*

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• Calind0rCalind0r Member Posts: 735

Westerners are too stupid to participate in a beta (or as they like to think of it, a free trial). We're going to get previews just to stress test the servers, everything else will be duplicated from the Korean servers I guess.

• rinoamwrinoamw Member Posts: 42

yes, we're going to get "weekend previews" of the game for us to test/stress it (think like the Guild Wars approach)

Im really hoping that we will get the first 'preview' soonish, given that people are taking Q2 (april-june) for release...

• GoldenDogGoldenDog Member Posts: 586

The Tabula Rasa crowd gets in early right?  I suppose that would be a part of closed beta. 

They had a closed beta for Lineage2 even thought it was live in Korea.  It may not be a very long one, but I would suspect there's going to be something going on within 1 month of release.

My speculations?  Beta in May and release in June.

LineageII | LoTRO | RFO | 9Dragons | Aion | Perfect World | Ether Saga | Dungeon Runners | GuildWars 1 and 2 | Hellgate London | tCoS | Warhammer | AoC | Tabula Rasa | SWTOR
    youtube.com/gcidogmeat
  • RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

My guess would be a preview event at either the end of Feb or beginning of March.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by GoldenDog

The Tabula Rasa crowd gets in early right?  I suppose that would be a part of closed beta. 
    They had a closed beta for Lineage2 even thought it was live in Korea.  It may not be a very long one, but I would suspect there's going to be something going on within 1 month of release.

As Cynthe said, there is no closed Beta, just preview/stress events.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Now we just wait.  I would say release in April or May.  That is if they stay on the same time frame they have been on.  With the Chinese release right around the corner the plan is 2-3 months after each localization to move on to the next.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by Locklain

Now we just wait.  I would say release in April or May.  That is if they stay on the same time frame they have been on.  With the Chinese release right around the corner the plan is 2-3 months after each localization to move on to the next.

It's the waiting that hurts : (

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Originally posted by Locklain

It's the waiting that hurts : (

Haha yeah, patience is not one of my greater virtues . . .

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

My guess is that Aion will be released somewhere early august.

Reason for this is the compensation for the former TR players. They all received on january 14 2 keys for a 3 month subscription to L2 and CoX (which have to be used withing 6 months). NCsoft will figure that everyone they gave those keys will play them one after an other, so 6 months after the compensation gift they'll release the early access, allowing the TR playerstheir early access, followed by the release.

Then again, I'm only guessing 

Hmmm I think the Tabula players will just be able to access the game 'early' via the preview events nothing more. They do get the game for free already after all. I could be wrong.

I'd like to know just how long these preview events will be, some people estimate one weekend and I fear that's a right guess. >< A week would be a lot nicer.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• AposiAposi Member UncommonPosts: 5

Let's just stop guessing on what date the game will release on in NA and know it will be in the next few months. There won't be a beta, there will only be a preview weekend at most.

• curiindicuriindi Member Posts: 488
    Originally posted by Reizla

My guess is that Aion will be released somewhere early august.
    Reason for this is the compensation for the former TR players. They all received on january 14 2 keys for a 3 month subscription to L2 and CoX (which have to be used withing 6 months). NCsoft will figure that everyone they gave those keys will play them one after an other, so 6 months after the compensation gift they'll release the early access, allowing the TR playerstheir early access, followed by the release.
    Then again, I'm only guessing 

I actually don't think that August is a bad guess.

Although, I wouldn't base it on TR compensations, it's very possible for this game to be delayed by a quarter or so. Maybe NCsoft wants to bring over a version after balance changes have been made or maybe localization is taking longer than expected. Whatever it is, I like the thought that Aion will be polished when it comes out for us. :)

Also let's hope this gives them time to add swimming. ^_^:;;; Apologies if it's been added now and I missed the memo.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• lyankyjlyankyj Member Posts: 63

Sadly, that's not the case:(((((

I don't think they will add it anytime soon:(

• darkness421darkness421 Member Posts: 16

It doesnt matter as long as we don't have to wait till Fall or Winter. I wouldn't mind especially us students who have the summer break in june if Aion was released around that time. I should also cut down my daily checking to maybe 2-3 times a week. The fact that I check so often hurts even more, so the best thing to do is wait patiently. Even though I say this I doubt my patience will last :D

Lets just hope Aion comes out soon. Like tommorow... maybe?

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

They timed the korean release right after the korean's got done with there school exam's. Will see if that hold true for the west also.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Originally posted by Cynthe

Also let's hope this gives them time to add swimming. ^_^:;;; Apologies if it's been added now and I missed the memo.

Hehe, nope but it is funny to watch the unsuspecting "swimmers" jump in only to sink faster than a mobster with concrete shoes.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • Leonidus0Leonidus0 Member Posts: 97

The lack of information is starting to make people really rowdy. I just want them to release at least a shred of information to us. It's like they don't even care about their NA crowd who could potentially bring them a copious amount of money.

The amount of Asians that play Aion is no where near the amount of NA's that will play. But still hopefully they will stop neglecting us and start posting some information fast.

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

Tbh the western crowd does deserve information accessible to them in English. However if one is resourceful, you can find pretty much everything through browsing aionsource.com and certain guilds (Hellbound) forums for information.

In fact a lot of very specific information about stuff you'd only expect to know post release is also available in english.

I'm not saying you should search for it. I'm just saying its there if you really want it.

Naturally I realise it is very important for NCSoft to seriously market this game. Approx 3 months from launch and its got mostly word of mouth hype. Sure theres footage on the official site, but not enough for a lot of people.

Aionsource.com is really the main information point for all things Aion though.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.

There posting Information way to slow, its been almost 2-3 months before their last post of video/information.

I need more >.< and I know alot of you do too.

Originally posted by darkness421

There posting Information way to slow, its been almost 2-3 months before their last post of video/information.
    I need more >.< and I know alot of you do too.

You have not been paying attention then.  They have posted once or twice a month since december according to the news section and there's a new post from friday introducing the new NA community manager...

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)