Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats With The Countdown?

MrTumN3sMrTumN3s Member Posts: 439

http://www.mortalonline.com/

sorry if i'm late to say it, but i popped in to check on how the game might be doing and i noticed a countdown.

Whats this countdown mean and/or whats it for? Beta or game release? I sure hope its beta.

Game looks great though from everything else.

Thanks for information ahead of time to whoever answers.

----------------------------
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Comments

• flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507

i dont think anybody really knows but people are guessing its for beta. 

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

Talking about that in another thread on this forum. No official word, only guesses for now.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/220475/Countdown-on-official-website.html

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

It's the final countdown, bah nah nah nah.  Bah dur duh doo dee pang.

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

I'm only guessing but I imagine it's until they do beta, can not imagine it being the game as it's not been long enough unless they got millions of people working on it daily and in the current market conditions I doubt that, but who knows I may be well off the mark.

Will be interesting to see how this game develops after all the hype and stuff on the DFO radar...as this will be out well after that date comes and goes and it will be able to see how things go with that to make what ever changes may help MO.

Asbo

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133
    Originally posted by NightBandit

I'm only guessing but I imagine it's until they do beta, can not imagine it being the game as it's not been long enough unless they got millions of people working on it daily and in the current market conditions I doubt that, but who knows I may be well off the mark.
    Will be interesting to see how this game develops after all the hype and stuff on the DFO radar...as this will be out well after that date comes and goes and it will be able to see how things go with that to make what ever changes may help MO.

Well, they have entered the beta phase already, though it isn't the bastardized meaning of the word (beta) that 4 out of 5 people will think it to mean. I could see it being the day public beta registrations are opened for closed beta.

And no, it's not launch. Launch is scheduled to be summer 2009 so we have 6-7 months to go. If there are no major hiccups then MO should be out August 31, 2009 at the latest. If they need more time, well, I'm sure they will let us know.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• achellisachellis Member Posts: 542

it must be for beta