Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is it with this game?

TeranHawkinsTeranHawkins Member Posts: 279

Someone please tell me.  I usually log onto mmorpg.com most every day and 3 out of the 5 most recent posts are always about this game!!!  

I've never even HEARD of Darkfall until the last month or two and now it seems like it's all I ever see on this website.

I would think ya'll would be more excited over some real IP's like Star Trek Online or The Old Republic.

Comments

• GoozinGoozin Member UncommonPosts: 60

LOL, no other game compares to Darkfall so who cares about those games. FULL loot PVP Freedom, Sandbox do i have to say anymore

"Outside the dream world, life can be harsh--even cruel, but it is life"

• TeranHawkinsTeranHawkins Member Posts: 279

Actually yeah....how about an IP you actually give two cents about

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by TeranHawkins

Someone please tell me.  I usually log onto mmorpg.com most every day and 3 out of the 5 most recent posts are always about this game!!!  
    I've never even HEARD of Darkfall until the last month or two and now it seems like it's all I ever see on this website.
    I would think ya'll would be more excited over some real IP's like Star Trek Online or The Old Republic.

Well you see what makes these forums so fun to post in is the fact that the DF fanatics are so out of touch with reality that they are entirly to fun to mess with, and its extremly to easy. The 2nd post in this thread proves my point.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• BlodplsBlodpls Member Posts: 1,454

I don't give 2 cents for any IP.....   I want good gameplay, GAMEPLAY!!

• jezvinjezvin Member UncommonPosts: 804

If only IP made a game good...

-------------------------------------------------
    Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 33.33%

EKSA
    -------------------------------------------------

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Originally posted by jezvin
    Originally posted by TeranHawkins Actually yeah....how about an IP you actually give two cents about

LOL, on that token... If only fanboy hype made a game good, heh, then Darkfall Online would certainly be the "bestest mmo eva"

- Zaxx

• TeranHawkinsTeranHawkins Member Posts: 279
    Originally posted by zaxtor99

LOL, on that token... If only fanboy hype made a game good, heh, then Darkfall Online would certainly be the "bestest mmo eva"

- Zaxx

lmfao

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742

Why would we play those games when we allready have WOW.

I`m one of the 300k WAR players, and to me it`s just a big Alterac Vally pluss more BG`s. Most mmo`s have different look, but the inside is WOW. It`s just Quest, level, gear and no full-loot. DF try to do things a bit different, that`s why we hope they succeed.  And yes they might crash and burn, but atleast they try.

Why not try Aion, or WOW 2.0. I guess this is from Winterspring 2.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqqcPfV8MXU

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by Hotjazz

Why would we play those games when we allready have WOW.

I`m one of the 300k WAR players, and to me it`s just a big Alterac Vally pluss more BG`s. Most mmo`s have different look, but the inside is WOW. It`s just Quest, level, gear and no full-loot. DF try to do things a bit different, that`s why we hope they succeed.  And yes they might crash and burn, but atleast they try.

Why not try Aion, or WOW 2.0. I guess this is from Winterspring 2.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqqcPfV8MXU

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• harmonicaharmonica Member Posts: 339
    Originally posted by Hotjazz

Why would we play those games when we allready have WOW

because they've got obi wan kanobi and jean luc pecard in it

• tamanendtamanend Member Posts: 11

looking back at the history of gaming, huge IPs dont have a good track record of becoming good games. 

it puzzles me how all these huge properties continue to garner as much hype as they do from gamers, when if you've been playing games longer than a year or two you should probably have learned to be very wary of them. 

i've nothing against huge IPs as an idea, mind you. 

it just seems that the weight of these mega-franchises aren't conducive to clever, creative or even just "fun" game design or game play.  i suspect that a lot of good game design gets crushed beneath what "can and cant" be done with certain characters, locations, lore, etc. 

• huxflux2004huxflux2004 Member Posts: 730
    Originally posted by DarkRidera

LOL, no other game compares to Darkfall so who cares about those games. FULL loot PVP Freedom, Sandbox do i have to say anymore

Yes and outdated graphics, inexistent gameplay, a joke of a gui and a developer that is amateur at best. Sounds promising.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Whats up with Darkfall?

Its the first sanbox FFAPvP MMO relesed in four years. Of course people are exited. And thats aslo the reasen why its so hated. The sandbox haters donli like it abit. They had nothing but linear PvE grindgames for as long, and nothing have ever frighten them before.

So the DF forum have both sides posting. Usually only one side posts.

Originally posted by daarco

Whats up with Darkfall?

Its the first sanbox FFAPvP MMO relesed in four years. Of course people are exited. And thats aslo the reasen why its so hated. The sandbox haters donli like it abit. They had nothing but linear PvE grindgames for as long, and nothing have ever frighten them before.

Sandbox is something I love, but it does not make a good game by itself. From what the leaks show, DF is currently lacking on every aspect.

• sanedorsanedor Member Posts: 485

Can someone tell me if Darkfall has more then 1st person view, all vids and screens are of 1st not 3rd. and only single player and shooters are made 1st only ...

Originally posted by sanedor

Can someone tell me if Darkfall has more then 1st person view, all vids and screens are of 1st not 3rd. and only single player and shooters are made 1st only ...

Depends on your weapon. If you are wielding a melee weapon then you get a 3rd person view, locked from behind your character. If you are using ranged or magic then it is 1st only.

• sanedorsanedor Member Posts: 485

so no real freedom of choice there, and from the fanbois i here armor and weapon crafting is worthless cause noone will want armore or stuff that they will just lose.. add to that any housing crafting will be guild only cause there won't be personal housing,, and why would there be when you log off someone can desrtoy it.. this game is starting to not seem like the vids say, freedom to do what you want sounding more like a pvp gank kill this die and repeat..

• tboxtbox Member Posts: 372

Most people who are going to preorder don't post on these forums.  I really don't see why the haters are hating when they have said the same thing over and over. I never liked how Warhammer made their game and such but I don't spend my lifetime over there talking shit. I guess my penis is too big to be always posting crap 24/7. Or maybe I have some sort of life?

• mjones1052mjones1052 Member Posts: 221

How are you comparing this game to Star Trek and Star Wars?  That makes no sense whatsoever.  Their similarities stop at them all being MMO's but beyond that there is nothing similiar.  They are 2 completely different settings, styles, producers, etc.  And you are you to be telling people what types of games they should be waiting for?

And no, I'm no DF fanboy or hater I am on the fence atm.  I just don't see how the OP gets his reasoning in comparing the games he compared and telling people which games they should be waiting for....

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

Whats up with Darkfall?

So why isn't Earthrise getting as much hype? By far, it looks much better at this stage than DF ever did.

The real reason why DF gets so much hype is because of everything it's promising, it's long, drama-worthy development cycle (ups and downs with disappointment and heartache, get that Kleenex ready!), and everything it's promising.

Earthrise, on the other hand, is more realistic (promises less but can probably deliver on at least 90%...come on, no MMO really delivers on EVERYTHING that meets the majority's expectations...maybe very very rarely), different setting, etc. 

I guess because it's closer to "release" (another delay INC. most likely for DF!) it has this kind of popularity. Maybe ER will be the same.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• tboxtbox Member Posts: 372
    Originally posted by Ascension08

Whats up with Darkfall?

So why isn't Earthrise getting as much hype? By far, it looks much better at this stage than DF ever did.

The real reason why DF gets so much hype is because of everything it's promising, it's long, drama-worthy development cycle (ups and downs with disappointment and heartache, get that Kleenex ready!), and everything it's promising.

Earthrise, on the other hand, is more realistic (promises less but can probably deliver on at least 90%...come on, no MMO really delivers on EVERYTHING that meets the majority's expectations...maybe very very rarely), different setting, etc. 

I guess because it's closer to "release" (another delay INC. most likely for DF!) it has this kind of popularity. Maybe ER will be the same.

I like Darkfall because of its pvp sandbox elements. I will therefore like Earthrise if it has pvp sandbox elements.  The drama and development stuff to me is meaningless if Darkfall or any other game is fun.

• EverithEverith Member CommonPosts: 482

This game is getting so much "Postage" because you have some VERY passionate people on both sides of the line on this game. Both SUPREME HATRED and FLAGRANT UNDIEING LOVE. Both sides will argue symantics of what exact hue the sky is actually in untill the world ends.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by huxflux2004

Whats up with Darkfall?

Sandbox is something I love, but it does not make a good game by itself. From what the leaks show, DF is currently lacking on every aspect.

You either a liar or live on a parallel universe , from wjhat the leaks show its the most  freaking awsome game in every aspect.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by Ascension08

DF get the hype because they have a few thousand players testing the game atm.  Yes, I know some don`t belive this but I know this part is true.

I`m glad companys make games like Earthrise and MO, but they are to early in development to get the hype DF did. And why hype those games when you are watching, playing or reading about DF? In 2008 DF had 40k followers and in 2009 more than 300k. I`m sure Earthrise and MO will get their hype when they are ready for beta or when/if DF fails.

The rest of your post might be true, but so far DF is all we have. I will read about Earthrise and MO if DF fails, because some of us really wants a full-loot mmo again.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Exactly, show me one large IP MMO that is realeased and is breaking the mold....all I see are eq clones in all of them atm...

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S