Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game over for BOB?

Comments

• Gaurdian2Gaurdian2 Member Posts: 16

In my opinion, the PvP and "ganking" fits perfectly in EvE, because it goes hand in hand with the backstory and overall setting of the game. Its outer space, and there is war going on. If you go strolling around by yourself mining without at least being a little on your toes, you might get snagged if you arent careful. Thats just how it is. If you complain about being attacked in a situation like that, than this game clearly isnt for you. The people hotly debating this are on two sides of the coin here: The people who like the thrill, and the people who don't. Why don't you guys realize that, stop arguing about what defines PvP, and get back on track.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by Nerf09

Originally posted by miagisan

By my definition, a gank happens only in games where you have to grind for months and years for your gear to be competative, so you are "ganked" in a PVP scenario where you haven't grinded for months and years yet. all you need is 2 months, i am living proof, that after 2 months of specialization you can be very effective in pvp, if you want i can show you my skill loadout. My toon is 4 months old, and since i specialized in medium beam lasers and armor compensation, i can hit hard and take a beating.  And the guy who had 3 months specializing and grinding for better gear has an advantage over you.  So now you have to grind for 4 months, but oh no your opponent hat 5 months, so now you got to grind for 6 months, and the story never ends.Name one game where a vet with better gear, implants, skills, etc wouldnt have an advantage over another player 1 on 1. PVP in eve is group oriented, if you are looking for solo oriented pvp, look aqt CS or BF2

I tried "working the market" in EVE but since all information  is perfect, instant, up to date you can never gain an advantage anywhere. False, i live in the Amarr sector, which there is very little on sale for Medium Hybrid Bullets. I bought a cheap BPO for 450k for Antimatter Charges M, and manufacture and sell them on the market in Tash-Murkon, i make almost a million a night since there is noone else selling the bullets there atm (maybe 3 or 4 people total in the region). Playing the market is very easy if you look  You can make ISK faster by mining high security.  So "working the market" isn't time-profitable. Nope. I sell my bullets at 30 isk per unit (about 10 isk below market) So i make 100 runs of 1000 bullets at a time....thats 100k bullets at 30 isk, or 3 million isk, in 11 hours of production (which i can log off and play my main combat toon during this time). Mining Dense veldspar in hi sec (best yield/isk ratio atm in a mining barge) yields maybe 200k in 30 minutes. And you can't log off your toon. So it would take you almost 8 hours to make the same amount of money. So you are wrong again

Politics is a rediculous concept in a video game, nobody's lives are at stake so no politics. That's the beauty of a sandbox game, some people love politics and this game gives them the tools (alliances) to do it with.  Maybe you should pay attention to "real politics" before claiming politics exists in a video game. Define real politics vs politics in game....you are the one who said politics dont exist in the game, now you are retracting and editing you statement.

Politics in game = decision making and setting taxes and revenues, as well as political standing with other governing bodies in a game.

Politics in real life =decision making and setting taxes and revenues, as well as political standing with other governing bodies in a real life.
    Hard to invade someone's territory when there are perfect chokepoints between every zone (gates), which lead to "gate camps".   Territorial control in Eve Online degrades into cyber-squatting, I saw this when I played for a month a few years ago, it's probably absurd these days. You do know there are ways around chocke points, it's called covert ops, have a buddy or corp mate (who has covert op skills) cloak in the a choke point region, go to a different location, then form their own jump gate (thats right, covert op ships can form their own jump gates)  I seriously doubt it . Nope it's true. It's actually a module you can puchase if you have the skills for it.

Yes yes PVP, tank-healer-buffer, we've all seen that before, that's not new. What about electronic warfare? interdictors? capitol ships? pos? i could go on.....  Tank-buffer-healer. And a slew of other support type ships, all specializing in some sort of warfare

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

By my definition, a gank happens only in games where you have to grind for months and years for your gear to be competative, so you are "ganked" in a PVP scenario where you haven't grinded for months and years yet. all you need is 2 months, i am living proof, that after 2 months of specialization you can be very effective in pvp, if you want i can show you my skill loadout. My toon is 4 months old, and since i specialized in medium beam lasers and armor compensation, i can hit hard and take a beating.  And the guy who had 3 months specializing and grinding for better gear has an advantage over you.  So now you have to grind for 4 months, but oh no your opponent hat 5 months, so now you got to grind for 6 months, and the story never ends.Name one game where a vet with better gear, implants, skills, etc wouldnt have an advantage over another player 1 on 1. PVP in eve is group oriented, if you are looking for solo oriented pvp, look aqt CS or BF2  NOw your taking the chicken **** way out by claiming somehow REAL pvp games are "solo".

I tried "working the market" in EVE but since all information  is perfect, instant, up to date you can never gain an advantage anywhere. False, i live in the Amarr sector, which there is very little on sale for Medium Hybrid Bullets. I bought a cheap BPO for 450k for Antimatter Charges M, and manufacture and sell them on the market in Tash-Murkon, i make almost a million a night since there is noone else selling the bullets there atm (maybe 3 or 4 people total in the region). Playing the market is very easy if you look  You can make ISK faster by mining high security.  So "working the market" isn't time-profitable. Nope. I sell my bullets at 30 isk per unit (about 10 isk below market) So i make 100 runs of 1000 bullets at a time....thats 100k bullets at 30 isk, or 3 million isk, in 11 hours of production (which i can log off and play my main combat toon during this time). Mining Dense veldspar in hi sec (best yield/isk ratio atm in a mining barge) yields maybe 200k in 30 minutes. And you can't log off your toon. So it would take you almost 8 hours to make the same amount of money. So you are wrong again  You are wrong again because A)  That was a one time deal probably didn't happen for another month.  B)  you probably waste hours on end looking at prices and C)  I'm not going to have more then 1 account for a game which is a ganker's paradise with a simplified economy.

Politics is a rediculous concept in a video game, nobody's lives are at stake so no politics. That's the beauty of a sandbox game, some people love politics and this game gives them the tools (alliances) to do it with.  Maybe you should pay attention to "real politics" before claiming politics exists in a video game. Define real politics vs politics in game....you are the one who said politics dont exist in the game, now you are retracting and editing you statement.

Politics in game = decision making and setting taxes and revenues, as well as political standing with other governing bodies in a game.

Politics in real life =decision making and setting taxes and revenues, as well as political standing with other governing bodies in a real life.
    Real Politics isn't geeking it up in a Guild.

Hard to invade someone's territory when there are perfect chokepoints between every zone (gates), which lead to "gate camps".   Territorial control in Eve Online degrades into cyber-squatting, I saw this when I played for a month a few years ago, it's probably absurd these days. You do know there are ways around chocke points, it's called covert ops, have a buddy or corp mate (who has covert op skills) cloak in the a choke point region, go to a different location, then form their own jump gate (thats right, covert op ships can form their own jump gates)  I seriously doubt it . Nope it's true. It's actually a module you can puchase if you have the skills for it.  It takes 2 gates, the entrance gate could be camped instead of the exit gate, this probably didn't solve anything.  See, I don't even need to play that to see it's flaws.

Yes yes PVP, tank-healer-buffer, we've all seen that before, that's not new. What about electronic warfare? interdictors? capitol ships? pos? i could go on.....  Tank-buffer-healer. And a slew of other support type ships, all specializing in some sort of warfare Seems kind of goofy to me.  What possible color can you chose next?

Originally posted by dterry

Is this stupid conversation still going on? EVE isn't a real PVP game... well That is your opinion Nerf and you are welcome to it. But 250,000 people disagree with you, so I guess there's that. As for Planteside-I thought it was being shutdown? Interesting to know it is still around it looks like fun.
    I think the major sticking point now is the RvR vs. PvP mechanic.
    I personally make a distinction between pure RvR (faction) games and PvP games where you can conceivably attack anyone, anytime. I enjoy both when done correctly.
    "Ganker's paradise" - Join a CORP and fly right and you will rarely be ganked.

I'm not geeking it up in a guild.  I'm not squadding up in wwiionline, or joining the High Command.  Dittos for Planetside.  I don't need my signature down somewhere delcaring, "You sir are a dork."

• dterrydterry Member Posts: 449

Is this stupid conversation still going on? EVE isn't a real PVP game... well That is your opinion Nerf and you are welcome to it. But 250,000 people disagree with you, so I guess there's that. As for Planteside-I thought it was being shutdown? Interesting to know it is still around it looks like fun.
    I personally make a distinction between pure RvR (faction) games and PvP games where you can conceivably attack anyone, anytime. I enjoy both when done correctly.

I'm not geeking it up in a guild.  I'm not squadding up in wwiionline, or joining the High Command.  Dittos for Planetside.  I don't need my signature down somewhere delcaring, "You sir are a dork."

So you are trying to play EVE solo? Is that what all your assumptions about the game are based on? Your experiences playing the game solo? If that is the case then I can understand... back when I played solo I ended up quitting. I came back when I stumbled across a good CORP I could join and it has been a completely different game experience since then.

You can solo in EVE, but you will be at a disadvantage in many ways.

• FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819

Hmm...

Tash-Murkon...

Antimatter M...

*adjusts the shiny piece of tritanium hanging from the rear view monitor*

Okay guys, load her up to the max. Reactor online. Shields at 100%. Duct tape supplies checked. Let's get this show on the road Betty. Oh, and could someone from maintenance please get the mouse out of my pod and patch up the hole? It's leaking biological juices on the floor.

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• dterrydterry Member Posts: 449
    Originally posted by Faelan

Hmm...
    Tash-Murkon...
    Antimatter M...
    *adjusts the shiny piece of tritanium hanging from the rear view monitor*
    Okay guys, load her up to the max. Reactor online. Shields at 100%. Duct tape supplies checked. Let's get this show on the road Betty. Oh, and could someone from maintenance please get the mouse out of my pod and patch up the hole? It's leaking biological juices on the floor.

LOL - love the "boot.ini" quote.

• JDGalisJDGalis Member UncommonPosts: 143

1. Holy hell to the main topic. Now thats a step over being epiced owned.

2. Holy hell to massive crayon box quote posts.

Introducing the best signature ever!

[signature] Best Signature [/signature]

• G_RavenorG_Ravenor Member Posts: 108

what an epic situation, I am looking forward to the fallout from this, a shake up at the top is always good, but goonswarm said this was there goal... mission complete, whats next???

As for the whole 'eve online is a gank fest' I disagree, I have never been 'ganked' I been blown up sure, but thats eve, let me provide some tips for you, seeing as you are getting eve very very wrong...

1) EvE is a game that requires you to think... yeah you know use your brain, if you just sit in high sec mining or running lvl4 missions afk, then no wonder you are bored, this isnt even half of the game, its not always about the best isk per hour, its a game, have fun, screw the wallet..

2) Ganking, it does happen, but for a reason your either flying a valauble ship and someone does it fro lulz, or to get the loot and salvage, but golden rule of EVE is, if you undock, be prepared to lose the ship, infact I accept that when I undock I take that risk, but as I said I have never been 'ganked'

3) 'the never catch up' thing, well its untrue to an extent, yes you will be behind on skill points, but thats not always important, even a vet can only use a percentage of those point at anyone time, and even then 'bigger isnt always better' example, I had a fast cruiser, about 5-6mil SP and took out a well fitted BATTLESHIP owned by a player who had played the game atleast a year and I had only done a few months, and that was solo...

4) everything is better in groups, thats life, in and out of game, if you wanted to do something, and had friends who would help, you'd get them to help, you would always try and do things to make the odds in you favour...

As for the gate camp thing, if you bother to even just go to the forums and get a map, you could find an alternate route, and it IS possible to break through some camps, again you have to use your brain and go do some research...

I think though EVE is not for you, judging on the amount of, or lack of intelligence I have seen from you, and tbh I am not the smartess guy yet I can play eve the right way... whats your excuse?

shhh... you might wake the trolls

• KelldoreKelldore Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by G_Ravenor

what an epic situation, I am looking forward to the fallout from this, a shake up at the top is always good, but goonswarm said this was there goal... mission complete, whats next???

As for the whole 'eve online is a gank fest' I disagree, I have never been 'ganked' I been blown up sure, but thats eve, let me provide some tips for you, seeing as you are getting eve very very wrong...
    1) EvE is a game that requires you to think... yeah you know use your brain, if you just sit in high sec mining or running lvl4 missions afk, then no wonder you are bored, this isnt even half of the game, its not always about the best isk per hour, its a game, have fun, screw the wallet..
    2) Ganking, it does happen, but for a reason your either flying a valauble ship and someone does it fro lulz, or to get the loot and salvage, but golden rule of EVE is, if you undock, be prepared to lose the ship, infact I accept that when I undock I take that risk, but as I said I have never been 'ganked'
    3) 'the never catch up' thing, well its untrue to an extent, yes you will be behind on skill points, but thats not always important, even a vet can only use a percentage of those point at anyone time, and even then 'bigger isnt always better' example, I had a fast cruiser, about 5-6mil SP and took out a well fitted BATTLESHIP owned by a player who had played the game atleast a year and I had only done a few months, and that was solo...
    4) everything is better in groups, thats life, in and out of game, if you wanted to do something, and had friends who would help, you'd get them to help, you would always try and do things to make the odds in you favour...
    As for the gate camp thing, if you bother to even just go to the forums and get a map, you could find an alternate route, and it IS possible to break through some camps, again you have to use your brain and go do some research...
    I think though EVE is not for you, judging on the amount of, or lack of intelligence I have seen from you, and tbh I am not the smartess guy yet I can play eve the right way... whats your excuse?

You sir have nailed in on the head. To add in a little more, EvE is for more of a how should i say "mature" audience. It is one of the very few games where if you loose a ship or an item you feel the impact especially after having to work long and hard to get the isk, items, loot standings and etc...

Anyhow back to the topic of BoB and delve, yesterday proved to be quite exciting, lots of targets for us in GBC to pew pew in Delve, as usuall goonies resorted to the local emo rage smack..life is good...

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

EvE is not a thinking game, what a crock of shit.

2 bonuses. Meet your ship. A zealot is a zealot, is a zealot. A geddon is a geddon, is a geddon. Every Falcon is fitted the exact same way, every Vaga is fitted the Exact - Same - Way.

Determine the single role you want to play in the blob. Thinking done. You want muliple roles? Add 3 months to two years of unsaid traing to a list and you have more roles. Inty will do one thing well. Nothing else.

BoB got raped by a $15.00 alt. 20 titans, Sov 4 and they got frauded by a $15.00 Alt.

Welcome to Nigeria Online.

• nubadaknubadak Member Posts: 150

Well I gots to say I Luv eve-online. Its a great game for many reasons, mainly because it has real in game polotics....andf thats what this BoB event is all about.

Is it an exploit? ....what Goon did....without a second thought-yes

Is what Goon did wrong?....no they took advantage of a situation that was offered to them

Was the account hacked? and if so what does it mean right now?.......unknown..and this will have major in game consiquences either way...this cant be answered at this time

Will there be a roll back? .......this is the real question. CCP has an oportunity here to stand firm on a subject with out banning accounts and gain some creditability if they roll back a day or two and fix this bug.

Or...they dont......they are way too quiet atm on this and it worries me because many players..most ....are watching them now and looking for answers.

Luv Bob hate Bob ...lets be honest Goon is a bunch of asshats aswell Id like to see em both fall and watch the rise of smaller corps again..been ages.

Is eve a pvp game?...........sure but the industrialists wear the pants in eve. To thats there is no question. Eve is a market game with thrilling pvp on the side.

Me personaly? I luv the politics.....I'd like to see the owners ..(not devs here) take notice of this and get a littlwe more involved. Its a great game and both RL money and good gamming are at stake.

My 2 cents 8)-

The Nubs!

• cptcuragecptcurage Member Posts: 18

This is some holly s*** handgrenades.

It will be neat to watch what happens here

• GeridenGeriden Member UncommonPosts: 390

This is the best PR for a game ive ever seen !

im actualy thinking of going back to eve now go goons !

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw

Someone asked if CCP should be allowed to do a rollback. Now what exactly be the reason for this? CCP didn't do a rollback when everyone found out about the T2 moon exploits that could have been going on for 4 years. They didn't do a rollback when EIB stole 9 billion isk from other players.
    CCP was a victim of a stupid game mechanic, but guess what, theres a lot of those in Eve that veterans stand behind day in and day out. If you start selecting which game flaws or exploits deserve rollbacks, than you put yourself in a position of character integrity. Who's to say CCP will only rollback if it involves BoB. Ya, if they do a rollback on this, I'm pretty sure it won't go over well with the community.
    However, it wouldn't suprise me if they do a rollback to save their precious corps.
    Next...

If your going to be a CCP/Eve hater can you atleast keep up with all the news.

There doesnt need to be a roll back. Bob reformed the alliance and since the PoS were still anchored for more then 7 days before the split the New Bob2 alliance reclaimed all of thier old space but at sov 1.

They have work to do, but this hardly calls for a roll back, if anything it makes that section of space interesting since it will be harder to hold.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

If someone hated a game, why would they read up on it.

I'd really like to have an answer to this question, Rokhlaw, i really do.
    Care to enlighten me?

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

Originally posted by metalhead980

Someone asked if CCP should be allowed to do a rollback. Now what exactly be the reason for this? CCP didn't do a rollback when everyone found out about the T2 moon exploits that could have been going on for 4 years. They didn't do a rollback when EIB stole 9 billion isk from other players.
    CCP was a victim of a stupid game mechanic, but guess what, theres a lot of those in Eve that veterans stand behind day in and day out. If you start selecting which game flaws or exploits deserve rollbacks, than you put yourself in a position of character integrity. Who's to say CCP will only rollback if it involves BoB. Ya, if they do a rollback on this, I'm pretty sure it won't go over well with the community.
    However, it wouldn't suprise me if they do a rollback to save their precious corps.
    Next...

There doesnt need to be a roll back. Bob reformed the alliance and since the PoS were still anchored for more then 7 days before the split the New Bob2 alliance reclaimed all of thier old space but at sov 1.

They have work to do, but this hardly calls for a roll back, if anything it makes that section of space interesting since it will be harder to hold.

If someone hated a game, why would they read up on it. Besides, the Eve community does a superb job of making sure everyone knows whats going on in their world ( aka this thread ). So they didn't do a rollback, which was probably the best decision they could make. Congrats for developer integrity.

Yeah the Eve community goes out and physically forces people to come to the EVE section of the forums here 

• nubadaknubadak Member Posts: 150

Well going by the poll I inserted most peeps want this to play out. I agree this will be alot of fun to watch and provide us smaller corps an oportunity to run down to o.o and shoot at both parties 8)

Anyone up for a cannon ball run?

So you are trying to play EVE solo? Is that what all your assumptions about the game are based on? Your experiences playing the game solo? If that is the case then I can understand... back when I played solo I ended up quitting. I came back when I stumbled across a good CORP I could join and it has been a completely different game experience since then.

Yes I was trying to play EVE solo, and joining a mining corporation was to be a side-job, an alternative way to spend time.  But what happens like any other game is that if you are not online when players from your corporation are online then your sh*t out of luck.  Your stuck in 1/50th of the systems which are 0.8 and above to mine in, otherwise you get ganked.  And all those PVP FREE systems are completely out of asteroids to mine, they're dry.  I mean geez, last time I played each asteroid belt had more CANS then asteroids in it, it was absurd.

Basically here is EVE ONLINE:

-MINING.  First of all mining is boring in Eve Online.  It's not like source collection in pre-CU SWG, was much better, and mining in Jumpgate was actually fun too.  Although it never happened to me, I hear there are ORE thieves too, so it should take a player about 2 months of training and grinding to get a good mining  ship, or mining ship + transporter + CANS going.

-PVE combat or missions, practicing, or just whatever.  Just like mining you are stuck in 1/50th of the systems which have really weak NPC's, if you go out of the PVP FREE zones you get ganked (exactly the same thing on a WOW PVP server).

-TRANSPORT SHIP.  Again it takes about 2 months to skill up to get a good transport ship, and you have to MINE to get it first.  Or you can geek it up in a guild  to get a transport ship.  But dont' forget it's not yours, you owe some geek on a computer somewhere for that rather expensive transport ship.  And since 2,000 other players have the same idea as you, don't expect to find many buy lows and sell highs, you'll make faster money mine-grinding.

-GEEKING IT UP IN A GUILD, different strokes for different folks I suppose.  I prefer to be the loner type, oh don't expect this game to be anything like Privateer or anything, you'll get ganked.  Think PVP zerg.

-PVP.  Prepare to pay, but not play, for at least 6 months and up before you PVP.  But if you want to make that money yourself  you got to mine-grind first which is about 2-4 additional months, so in total about 10 months before you get to PVP.

I would have been happy to just be involved in the economy, be a producer, but all of the factories were being cyber-squatted, every single one, every last single one, there are no buy lows and sell highs, and for some reason the more valuable minerals took more cargo space go figure. 

-MINERALS.  This is comical.  Say you got ORE A which costs 1 ISK and takes up 10 cargo space.  The more valuable ORE B costs 2 ISK and takes up 20 cargo space.   So transporting more valuable ore gains you exactly the same profit, pretty funny huh.  The volume the ORE takes up scales up almost linearly with it's value.  It's like the game was designed around linear grinding, there is no niche in the market for you to take advantage of if you watch it like a hawk.  Eve Online market complexity is an ILLUSION.  Pre-SWG was much much better.  Much better.  Down with SOE.

I hadn't played for a year+ and my cheap battleship was in a former Corporation station deep in 0.0 space, so I wanted to bring it back into PVP FREE  space.  I was gate-camped about 20 jumps into the trip.  Nobody said anything, I was just webbed and ganked.  No roleplaying pirates, "ARG!  Give us your cargo,"  no "Your in our Corporation ______ Space, this is your first warning," I was just ganked.  So after I lost my cheap battleship I got into my cruiser and wanted to practice PvE and I was promptly ganked in 0.7 space.  So I cancelled 1 day after I re-subscribed.  It's just another dumb WOW game, except your on a WOW PVP server and you lose stuff when ganked.

• nixixnixix Member Posts: 21

Sorry to hear that Nerf, but this game is cut-throat.  There is no "pvp free" space, anywhere, at all.  If you take the mentality that you lay out and apply it to the game, of course you're going to end up walking away.  By your list, you really painted yourself into a corner for options.

No mention of scamming, stealing, theiving, "market" pvp, or exploration-things that make you a lot of money but with a lot of risk.  You can't succeed (by whatever measure you wish to apply) without thinking outside of the proverbial box.

On topic, the karma check on BoB's metagaming got cashed.  Not that they're the only ones, but certainly their attitude (and that of Il Duce "sir molle") warrented this to happen eventually.   Glad to see them get their ego checked, finally.

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

Yes I was trying to play EVE solo, and joining a mining corporation was to be a side-job, an alternative way to spend time.  But what happens like any other game is that if you are not online when players from your corporation are online then your sh*t out of luck.  Your stuck in 1/50th of the systems which are 0.8 and above to mine in, otherwise you get ganked.  And all those PVP FREE systems are completely out of asteroids to mine, they're dry.  I mean geez, last time I played each asteroid belt had more CANS then asteroids in it, it was absurd.

Are you saying if you go into space that is 0.7 and below you can be ganked freely ? You must be playing a different game. Are you sure you are talking about Eve Online here ? This is lie number 1 already so umm yeah.

-MINING.  First of all mining is boring in Eve Online.  It's not like source collection in pre-CU SWG, was much better, and mining in Jumpgate was actually fun too.  Although it never happened to me, I hear there are ORE thieves too, so it should take a player about 2 months of training and grinding to get a good mining  ship, or mining ship + transporter + CANS going.

Yeah mining is boring. Some people actually like it. Good thing there are other things to do.

-PVE combat or missions, practicing, or just whatever.  Just like mining you are stuck in 1/50th of the systems which have really weak NPC's, if you go out of the PVP FREE zones you get ganked (exactly the same thing on a WOW PVP server).

What are these PVP FREE zones you speak of ? Ganked ? Really now you couldn't figure out how to travel through space near untouchable in a frigate ?

-TRANSPORT SHIP.  Again it takes about 2 months to skill up to get a good transport ship, and you have to MINE to get it first.  Or you can geek it up in a guild  to get a transport ship.  But dont' forget it's not yours, you owe some geek on a computer somewhere for that rather expensive transport ship.  And since 2,000 other players have the same idea as you, don't expect to find many buy lows and sell highs, you'll make faster money mine-grinding.

Don't tell those guys that do make money from buying low and selling high. Just have to know where and how to look.

-GEEKING IT UP IN A GUILD, different strokes for different folks I suppose.  I prefer to be the loner type, oh don't expect this game to be anything like Privateer or anything, you'll get ganked.  Think PVP zerg.

Being solo means you are gonna get zerged ? Wow man you just pull shit out of your ass don't you. I fly around in low sec space in and around Amamake all the time. Never been ganked. Oh yeah I also play relatively solo in a small corp. I am completely self sufficient and rely on the corp for nothing. I do missions when the urge strikes me though that is not often any more but mostly I do low sec and some 0.0 exploration. Keep in mind I am a solo casual player and I can take care of myself in pvp. But not because I fly around in uber ships. I fly around frigates mainly and I just know how to avoid shit. These things are possible when you don't fly afk through low sec like I am going to assume you were doing when you got ganked.

-PVP.  Prepare to pay, but not play, for at least 6 months and up before you PVP.  But if you want to make that money yourself  you got to mine-grind first which is about 2-4 additional months, so in total about 10 months before you get to PVP.

Another lie. I played since day one of the game without mining and made plenty of money. You see like you I hate mining but like I said before, good thing there's a lot of other stuff to do.

I would have been happy to just be involved in the economy, be a producer, but all of the factories were being cyber-squatted, every single one, every last single one, there are no buy lows and sell highs, and for some reason the more valuable minerals took more cargo space go figure. 

Not all are taken. There's lots around the Molden Heath area last time I checked.

-MINERALS.  This is comical.  Say you got ORE A which costs 1 ISK and takes up 10 cargo space.  The more valuable ORE B costs 2 ISK and takes up 20 cargo space.   So transporting more valuable ore gains you exactly the same profit, pretty funny huh.  The volume the ORE takes up scales up almost linearly with it's value.  It's like the game was designed around linear grinding, there is no niche in the market for you to take advantage of if you watch it like a hawk.  Eve Online market complexity is an ILLUSION.  Pre-SWG was much much better.  Much better.  Down with SOE.

Again don't tell this to the guys that do make money off the market and transporting.

I hadn't played for a year+ and my cheap battleship was in a former Corporation station deep in 0.0 space, so I wanted to bring it back into PVP FREE  space.  I was gate-camped about 20 jumps into the trip.  Nobody said anything, I was just webbed and ganked.  No roleplaying pirates, "ARG!  Give us your cargo,"  no "Your in our Corporation ______ Space, this is your first warning," I was just ganked.  So after I lost my cheap battleship I got into my cruiser and wanted to practice PvE and I was promptly ganked in 0.7 space.  So I cancelled 1 day after I re-subscribed.  It's just another dumb WOW game, except your on a WOW PVP server and you lose stuff when ganked.

Ganked in 0.7 space you say. You see this is why I am calling you a liar. You are telling me you got ganked in 0.7 space in a cruiser. Seriously gtfo you lying sack of shit. Go to some other forums and make shit up.... no scratch that go go away and never come back again.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

-GEEKING IT UP IN A GUILD

lol geeking it up in a guild? Are you sure you even like MMORPGs? I am a soloer myself, but i do join guilds with people i enjoy to be around at times in other games i play. I would reccomend you play singleplayer games, they work well for anti social liars like yourself.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• nixixnixix Member Posts: 21

I need to get a list of these "PVP FREE ZONES" so I can...uh, go PvP in them

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

Originally posted by metalhead980

Next...

If someone hated a game, why would they read up on it. Besides, the Eve community does a superb job of making sure everyone knows whats going on in their world ( aka this thread ). So they didn't do a rollback, which was probably the best decision they could make. Congrats for developer integrity.

i actually did laugh when i read this post.  ccp's devs -- have integrity?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH.  

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

you're correct, eve is a horrible, mean, cruel place.

so, quit and give me your stuff, cuz i'm not even sure what you're qqing about in this post.  did someone tell you stuff about eve and you're posting that?  cuz your post + reality, don't seem to make any sense.

edit:  2 things

1 eve was here a long time before wow.  so it's not just like wow anything.  wow might be similar to eve (cuz eve has all these space dragons and space elves and such...)

2 if you're going to QQ about "safe" space -- what in the world are you going on about .8?  if you can't fly in and around (safely) in .5-.7 then you are definitely doing something WRONG.  you've either jacked your security status with concord, or your standings are way low with empire(s), or you're at war, or you don't understand anything about this game.

and honestly, the rest of your post makes as little sense.  are you sure you're playing eve?

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?