Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Planning on getting a full back tattoo and need your help

jugularveinjugularvein Member UncommonPosts: 371

Your prob wondering why I am posting this is a video game website but one of the biggest concerns for this tattoo is finding the right artwork.  With that being said I figured Ive loved video games and some games I am just amazed by the artistry and detal put into the games.  I want to find pictures that could be brought from a game and modified to a tattoo.

What Im looking for is;

1.  A picture of a devil

2. A picture of a angel

3. Nothing cartoony but more realistic, there is a pretty big meaning behind the tattoo so I dont want it to by playful but more deliever a message.

4. I know games like age of conan and Lineage2 have great artwork, but I'm not sure within the games if they have good representation of the devil/angel concept.

I would greatly appreciate any pictures or ideas for this post, and thank you for taking the time to help me out.

Ill let ya know how things go ;)

thanks all

CPU-HP Omen 17.3" Laptop  i7  12 GB AMD Radeon RX580 1 TB Hard Drive

Comments

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

like devil pwning angel?  Its not derived from a game though

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

You want "big meaning" yet you can't decide between an angel or a devil?

Sounds like you need to pick sides in this world before engraving a view into your back.

-------------------------

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379

Don't get a tattoo, but if you do, don't get one that big, but if you do, make sure it's something that actually means something to you.  Don't get a tattoo because at this moment you think it is cool looking.  Your tastes will change.

Get something that will hold up as you and it ages or that you can retouch when you need to.

You're going to get older and you may be embarrassed by it later on so be very sure that you really want that tattoo and that you'll have no problem explaining it to people around you.

I went to school with some morons that tattoo'd themselves with neo-nazi crap - some are now covered with marks that prevent them from getting good jobs, get them into fist fights, or are covered in stupid looking cover up tattoos.

Don't get a tattoo. 

If you want to waste your money and be stupid at the same time - send your money to me.

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142
    Originally posted by Wickersham

If you want to waste your money and be stupid at the same time - send your money to me.

Send half of the money to Wickersham and half to me.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• AmpallangAmpallang Member Posts: 396

Don't get a full back tattoo.  Wrinkles will make it less and less attractive as time goes on.  I'm not going to say anything regarding meaning of a tattoo. 

If you are not being responded to directly, you are probably on my ignore list.

• kadbirichikadbirichi Member Posts: 1

i strongly suggest geting a devil picture on your back. its really a bad idea.

• jugularveinjugularvein Member UncommonPosts: 371

I appreciate the help you guys gave me and I apologize I should of been more detailed.  Im plannin on having a devil and angel both on my back.  The angel and devil with be by my shoulder blades one on each side, then have the background design rap around my shoulders to my chest basically.  Hard concept without a picture but makes sense.  Guys are prob interested in the meaning since many say its stupid to get tattoos for no reason.  Well make a long story short, I have a family member that is battling cancer, and myself has been diagonsed with a disease that is life threatening.  Thus the meaning of that tattoo constitutes battling the demons within but always having hope in the end ;) 

I also kinda got away from doing the whole back but basically now my shoulder blades and middle of that back and leaving the lower back not tattooed.  I wish I could draw a picture but I have no artistic ability whatsoever, so hopefully the way I detailed it makes sense.

Thanks all again ;)

CPU-HP Omen 17.3" Laptop  i7  12 GB AMD Radeon RX580 1 TB Hard Drive

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Get a Cape!!!!!

Then when your 75 and your skin has sagged you can use it as you Hobble arowned the old folks home Nekid Screaming Im SuperMan!!!

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Try this one

EDIT: Crap, you said games. Um, you could say it was from Shaiya, but I can't think of anyone who honestly wants to be connected to that POS.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• nurglesnurgles Member Posts: 840

write down your ideas, then canvas the tattooists. They are the artist, so trust in their ability to create the art.

Most will happily show you their previous work and do preliminary sketches of the art itself. A full back piece represents a good chunk of money so it is worth their while selling their product to you. Also a stand alone back piece becomes a great advert for their work and is not a common opportunity.

To all you fools saying a tat will be ugly with wrinkles in, when did you last see wrinkly scantily clad old folk without tats and go, "Damn, that's HOT!! Thank god they don't have tats 'cos then I would loose my boner"

• VishiAnandVishiAnand Member Posts: 239

kindy lost your tats if ever you do get one.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Get a chest tattoo of a hot chick, that way if you are ever making love to a bi-chick; she will be very happy.  Also when your belly starts bloating, the girl will also start bloating.  If you position it right, her hips and breasts will get bigger and waist thinner.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

It is not from a game theme, but I find Beckham's Angel tattoo, suits perfectly the back

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863
    Originally posted by Aelfinn

Try this one
    EDIT: Crap, you said games. Um, you could say it was from Shaiya, but I can't think of anyone who honestly wants to be connected to that POS.

Excellent find, thats a great picture.

O_o o_O

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    Originally posted by Rayx0r

like devil pwning angel?  Its not derived from a game though

That is one of the most bad ass tattoos I've ever seen

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

The Raging Demon Himself.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Nice

• JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818

Be unique and different.  Don't get a tatoo at all.   It'll look horrible in the future and you really would be unique, considering EVERYONE has one now.   Its not so cool and special anymore.  You want to express yourself?  There are much better ways to do it.   To be honest, if you need to ask others what to get, you probably shouldn't be getting one=)

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303

Whatever.  Just start saving up for the laser to remove this shit when you turn thirty.

• hvc801hvc801 Member Posts: 987
    Originally posted by Kurush

Whatever.  Just start saving up for the laser to remove this shit when you turn thirty.

I don't think he'll be looking to remove it in three years... You're just a tattoo hater.

What if Paul Revere was like the boy who cried wolf....?

Originally posted by Hazmal

What does he say when people ask what he did? "My mommy was irking me yo - I wanted to keep pwning nubs on my xbox, so I roughed her up with a hardshell. That is just how I roll."

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303

Actually, I'm not.  I've known plenty of dudes who have way more tats than you can imagine.  It just works for them.  It does not work for everybody.

And you think three years is such a long time?  It ain't when you're 27.

If he's the kind of dude who comes to an internet forum about MMORPG's to ask what tat to get?  Yeah.  I really do think that one small change to his life and he could end up regretting it.  Especially such a freaking involved tat.  What if you meet the girl of your dreams and decide to get married in the next few years?  You're about that age, man.  Here's a few general rules to use when deciding to get a tat.

1.  If it's making some super important statement about a life event that happened or person you met in your teens or twenties, skip it.  It may not seem so important down the road.

2.  Use the "question from your kids" litmus test.  Lets say you're at the pool, and your little daughter in the future asks you what your tat is about.  Are you comfortable explaining it?  If not, skip it.

Most of the people I've known with tats enjoy all of them and wouldn't get any of them removed.  All the power to them.  However, they were all of a certain crowd.  Your average suburbanite?  Yeah, they regret big tats about 90% of the time, in my experience.

• pinoyjesterpinoyjester Member Posts: 81

Ok here is my opinion on this...

First think about it intently if you really want something big permanently drawn at your back. Maybe you can start small and add to the design as time passes (and whatever fits your taste in the future). Remember the tatoo would be permanent and try to imagine what it would look like 50 years from now... would the meaning still be relevant?

Secondly, just like what is posted here, try to jot down your ideas and converse with your tatoo artist. He may give you ideas for your artwork and whatever fits your personality. There are lot of tatoo artists out there who are very creative and would want their customers to leave their shop satisfied (and if possible to come back to them in the future for another one LOL).

Lastly, really choose your tatoo artist and find someone that does the necessary health precautions... dont' risk getting an infection that might lead to other complications...

I'm sorry i could not contribute any design but try to search deviantart there are a lot of designs there that could be used for your tatoo...

Hope this helps... be safe and have fun!  

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

before you get a tatoo make sure it isn't anything that could be remotely linked to gangs, i have tattoo's and hav to be extremely careful about that.

But with MS13, zeta's(my personal least favorite criminals of all time), la eme, and a predominant amount of hispanic gangs a lot of those tattoo'stha youthink are cool images to law enforcement can mean something entirely else.

However that being said you are generally safe from this if it is an original sketch but some croses and religious symbols that are quite common are now in law enforcement databases as gang tats, and believe me it is checked.

its something a lot of people don't think about,

but suppose you were a hispanic male approximately 5'10 with short black hair and brown eyes(very general description but thats the best a lot of witnesses can do), who got a tattoo that was similar to a gang tattoo accidentally.

then a hispanic gang member with short black hair approximately 5'10 and brown eye with  tattoo that is the same type of yours commits some sort of crime, because the tattoo law enforcement can develop probable cause to detain or arrest a lot easier even though your innocent.

my main point being get something original, because a lot of tattoo's have second meanings as gangs tats, an di mean a lot of innocent looking tattoos are used by gangs

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• itchystaritchystar Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

The Raging Demon Himself.

wow is this real? or just photoshoped? if this is real the person really like street fighter so much...

This SH!T is so cool!

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Tattoos are soo nasty . I saw this old guy with one it had gotten all deformed and was soo gross... I decided right then and there I could never sleep with a guy with a nasty tattoo yuck. Everytime I see one i think about that guy lmao! can;t get the pic out of my head.  I don;t see why people think they have to decorate themselves to the extreme. We aren't Christmas trees! I think the human body is a natural work of art in itself, all we do by adding to it is destroying it and making it tacky.  Tattoos are just as bad as wearing too much makeup or jewelry it just takes away from natural beauty.