Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bill Gates Unleashes Swarm of Mosquitoes on Audience

EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Wheelp Gate has lost it...

Guess he shouldna given all his money away... think it was the only thing keeping him close to sain..

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
—Samuel Adams

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Lol

Gates should spend more time curing his Windows and Explorer which seems to get "infected" fairly easy, rather than try to eradicate the malaria.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Gates retired a while ago. To be honest I do understand Bill Gates point and his demonstration was a pretty good one. I just wish they had footage of this so I can see the audience reaction when he opened the jar.

"I brought some. Here I'll let them roam around. There is no reason only poor people should be infected."

This is like something out of like a Resident Evil game or something. It reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it. If anyone can help me find footage of this it would be great.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

AHAHAHA LOL. That's awesome, i wish i coulda seen what happened.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• LonehearthLonehearth Member UncommonPosts: 66

Have to give Gates some respect for having the guts to do that. Now i will forgive my next bluescreen :)

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

LOL... Well when you have as much money as him you can be a bit nutty. It's called being "eccentric".

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428
    Originally posted by Lonehearth

Have to give Gates some respect for having the guts to do that. Now i will forgive my next bluescreen :)

So true, there aren't many ultra rich business men who have any decency for poverty, and lol, i'll forgive my next red ring :D

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• hvc801hvc801 Member Posts: 987
    Originally posted by Man1ac

So true, there aren't many ultra rich business men who have any decency for poverty, and lol, i'll forgive my next red ring :D

hahaha.  Both very good posts. 

werd, wish  I was there at that conference to see the look on those peoples faces when they though Gates was starting a biological attack, lmao.  

one of the comments made by one of the audience members HAD to have been-

"OH MY GOD! HAS HE GONE MADD!!???"

What if Paul Revere was like the boy who cried wolf....?

Originally posted by Hazmal

What does he say when people ask what he did? "My mommy was irking me yo - I wanted to keep pwning nubs on my xbox, so I roughed her up with a hardshell. That is just how I roll."

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

I always liked this guy. Respect.

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

I think I'd go home and find out how to inject myself with malaria voluntarily for the slightest of opportunities to sue Bill Gates.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

AHHH! Okay I see that he wants to help eradicate malaria .. but why would he have to attack people with mosquitos to do that?!! Don't we have enough of that without him adding more?!! I soo hate those things!! Evill Bill Evill! lol

Originally posted by deviliscious

AHHH! Okay I see that he wants to help eradicate malaria .. but why would he have to attack people with mosquitos to do that?!! Don't we have enough of that without him adding more?!! I soo hate those things!! Evill Bill Evill! lol

Werd, mosquitos SUCK... over here in staten island, new york... its aweful!!! completly terrible, the amount of mosquitos is un bearable... THEY RIP SCREENS!!!

What does he say when people ask what he did? "My mommy was irking me yo - I wanted to keep pwning nubs on my xbox, so I roughed her up with a hardshell. That is just how I roll."

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379

Malaria is spread by mosquitoes.

Poor people are affected most.

It's a disease.

PATH Malaria Vaccine Initiative is working to develop a vaccine.

Contact the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for more details and to make donations.

Anyone think that it wasn't a smart publicity stunt for him to do that?

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

Originally posted by Wickersham

Malaria is spread by mosquitoes.
    Poor people are affected most.
    It's a disease.
    PATH Malaria Vaccine Initiative is working to develop a vaccine.
    Contact the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for more details and to make donations.
    Anyone think that it wasn't a smart publicity stunt for him to do that?

There are many other ways he could have done that .. Is he too proud to just wear a mosquito costume? That would be scary without unleashing paracites on the audience... Hell I would not have stayed to listen to the rest of what he had to say as soon as he did that .... zooom outta there lol~!

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654

Last I checked, threatening to infect people with deadly diseases is criminal. Anyone involved with him is probably /facepalming themselves right now. That was my reaction when I read this.

If I had been there, I wouldn't have run due to his threat... I just don't like getting bitten by those annoying things

• VemoiVemoi Member Posts: 1,546

Gates would do much better to push a much cheaper, effective tool against malaria.

DDT

Oh I wouldn;t have run because I was scared of his mosquitos .. I would have run because I was concerned about his stupidity. Yes I give alot to charity .. but he would have lost my donation just because of his stunt.

• n25phillyn25philly Member Posts: 1,317

Any truth to the rumor that everyone in the audience were Mac users?

member of imminst.org

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

Its good to see he has taken up such a good cause. And although it was a bit blunt his method of highlighting the problem was a good one.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

It is kinda like this though .. you knock on my door asking for food to fill up the food pantry and you will get alot more from me than just food, I will find out exactly all of what the pantry is short and provide it. Now you see if you are the pastor of a church trying to raise money and you drive down my street in a firetruck playing music and shouting I am libel to hose you down and  chase you off... you get nothing from me .. he should have been more subtle. His approach may very well lose him donations rather than gain them. LOL!

• TykeroTykero Member Posts: 349

The mosquitos were not infected with malaria people. It's called shocking people. A few mosquitos buzzing around from a jar are not going to cause much more inconvienience than what the people would experience walking outside after Bill finished speaking. 

He's just trying to get peoples' attention on this.

-

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Increasing the Piranha population would help significantly decrease the amount of Mosquitos, since Piranha are one of their natural predators.

Originally posted by n25philly

Any truth to the rumor that everyone in the audience were Mac users?

lmao.  I wouldn't doubt it. haha.

Originally posted by Tykero

The mosquitos were not infected with malaria people. It's called shocking people. A few mosquitos buzzing around from a jar are not going to cause much more inconvienience than what the people would experience walking outside after Bill finished speaking. 

He's just trying to get peoples' attention on this.

It does not matter whether they were infected or not, no one likes to get bit! Besides they can spread diseases in a confined area they bite one person then bite another.. direct blood transfer... you know if the person sitting next to you has anything that could be transferred? lol I don;t want to find out!

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Originally posted by Man1ac

My dad's xbox red ring 2 days ago, I would forgive but he's the one hurting. He can't sleep cuz he can't relax and play 360.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• lifesbrinklifesbrink Member UncommonPosts: 553

Yeah, one jar, oversized article.

My blog is a continuing story of what MMO's should be like.