Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why people come here and "bash the game"

Comments

• ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418

i think this is why people bash it, because it looks god awful for a game in development for 5+ years

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Originally posted by ProfRed

Originally posted by Soki123

No worries, i might have been harsh. In all honesty, I hope it does well I would like another option for a MMO. I just wish someone would buy DAOC off EA/Mythic and release DAOC to SI x pac, and OF. I would play that for years:(

Origins is coming.  There aren't many times i'd sub to two MMO's, but Origins server releasing is one of them.

Well yes I hear it is, so lets hope. You never know, but i know at least 20 people going if it does :)

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by TheBigDummy

You are standing in a hallway of locked doors; each door has a small window you can look through.  Every door also has a plaque that describes to you what you might expect to find behind that particular door.
    Many people gather outside these doors, waiting for them to open.  ...
    One door in particular seems to be attracting a large crowd.  Evidently, the plaque on this door claims to open a world like no other; with truly unique sights and adventures.
    Of course, some people don't just believe everything they read so they decide to take a peak through the little window.  ....

Okay OP.  To use your analogy...

Many of the people looking through the window have not only looked through the other windows but also have quite a bit of experience opening doors.

Some of them have entered many of the other doors off the hallway and have quite a bit of actual experience in the other rooms.  They have seen how what you see through the windows translates to actual in room experience.

So, some of them can actually make very good calls about about what sort of environments a skunk (or a cat?) might be happy in, and what other animals it might get along with.

Some of them might say... it doesn't matter if it is a Skunk or a Cat because the room has been filled with water and Sharks! 

They actually tried that behind doors 3 and 5 and it really didn't work...

If they add some land like behind doors 7, 11 and 19 then it might work... but they have to make sure there is still food for the Sharks or they will starve...

But that involves a whole lot more work and a bigger room like behind door 22!

And contrary to what you apparently believe OP.  The people here don't want the game to fail.  They want to play behind the door and for it to be awesome.

But they know that if you have a Skunk or a Big Cat behind the door then filling the room with water is not going to help or make it more fun to play with - so they say so.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• MithiosMithios Member Posts: 271

Because they can.

Because it makes them feel important.

Because they are pasionate about what they believe.

Because it is all they have in thier life.

Because it's all they have to offer.

A tiny mind is a tidy mind...

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

Wow did you even read the post?  The videos and SS's don't do it justice btw, it isn't a complete pile of bullsh**, and you look pretty ridiculous to anyone that has tested the game.

QTF

• PepsipwnzgodPepsipwnzgod Member Posts: 203

so is it a skunk?

-----------------------------
    IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

It is a Liger.  A combination of a Lion and a Tiger.  It also has a unicorn's horn.  Some call it a Ligercorn.

• SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111

The theme park game fans fear Darkfall's success because it offers an alternative to their preference and challenges their choice. Ignorant people want conformity and lash out at anything different.

• ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418
    Originally posted by Samuraisword

The theme park game fans fear Darkfall's success because it offers an alternative to their preference and challenges their choice. Ignorant people want conformity and lash out at anything different.

why would someone fear that a game might be successful, if darkfall is a great game all gamers will benefit from it..your fanboyism has clouded your judgement.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494
    Originally posted by ronan32

Originally posted by Samuraisword

why would someone fear that a game might be successful, if darkfall is a great game all gamers will benift from it..your fanboyism has clouded your judgement.

I don't see how this has anything to do with him being a fanboy.  You come off as a troll with this, while he just comes off as someone stating an opinion.  This is a perfectly valid reason for bashing, and it happens more than you would like to admit.  You seem much more emotionally invested than any of the people you are calling fanboys.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

Well,

fortunately I am blessed with sight, sound, and all that jazz. I don't need to press buttons on a keyboard when I can see first hand videos that show Wolfenstien quality graphics and animations. The game is completely contentless, you wanted sandbox? You deffinently got that, just there is no sand.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

my main problem, is not with the game, idea or concept. My downfall to skepticism came from the company themselves, and the fanbois coming to other forums touting stuff like "Your game sucks...check out darkfall". It's the only real reason i still hang out on the darkfall forums. I could be in the eve or tor forums, and then you will see the inevitable post "bleh, i don't like this game, i am gonna wait on a real game like Darkfall". If you don't want haters in your forums, then keep the fanbois out of other forums....call it a simple truce.

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448
    Originally posted by miagisan

my main problem, is not with the game, idea or concept. My downfall to skepticism came from the company themselves, and the fanbois coming to other forums touting stuff like "Your game sucks...check out darkfall". It's the only real reason i still hang out on the darkfall forums. I could be in the eve or tor forums, and then you will see the inevitable post "bleh, i don't like this game, i am gonna wait on a real game like Darkfall". If you don't want haters in your forums, then keep the fanbois out of other forums....call it a simple truce.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about DF. It's the attitude of some of the 'fans' that get my hackles up. The whole 'your game is carebear, play DF and be a real man' mentality is not the way to gain supporters.

Oh and Tasos, obviously.

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    Originally posted by sinjin

Well,
    fortunately I am blessed with sight, sound, and all that jazz. I don't need to press buttons on a keyboard when I can see first hand videos that show Wolfenstien quality graphics and animations. The game is completely contentless, you wanted sandbox? You deffinently got that, just there is no sand.

Watching a video is hardly first hand.  Your comment comparing the graphics to Wolfenstein is woefully ignorant.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by Mithios

Because they can.
    Because it makes them feel important.
    Because they are pasionate about what they believe.
    Because it is all they have in thier life.
    Because it's all they have to offer.

maybe because we are also sick of forumfaller's invading the forums of every other game on this site? Love all these newly registered people with like 20 posts count, 1 in darkfall forums saying how great its going to be, 19 in other game's forums saying they suck and darkfall is going to rule them all.

Everytime they post, i am gonna post here! ha! payback! (not really...but i am getting tired of it as well...i can't wait for this game to release already and get these damn forumfallers off of here)

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

I honestly dont know some people have already told us their 2 cents yet they just keep coming back.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

cos the game is easy to bash,

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• dterrydterry Member Posts: 449

I would argue that the topic could easily be changed to - Why people come here and "bash every game"

my $.02

Originally posted by SgtFrog

Yeah it is what was it about a month and a half ago?

oh yeah its Vaporware! Now tho teh graphix suck and teh gameplay look terrible and lol animations.

Edit: OMG how could i forget Tasos is trying to scam us our $$$.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by Punk999

oh yeah its Vaporware! Now tho teh graphix suck and teh gameplay look terrible and lol animations.

All valid bashes btw, and most are still appropriate, thanks for consolidating them here for quick and easy reference.

But you forgot one of the best.

Because its darn fun.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by Punk999

All valid bashes btw, and most are still appropriate, thanks for consolidating them here for quick and easy reference.

But you forgot one of the best.

Because its darn fun.

Darn it! I knew i forgot one!!

Thank you Kyleran.

^MMORPG.com

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

The best story-telling thread related to Darkfall is the one where it is compared to a Christmas morning. Though fanbots may call it trolling, it's still funny.

Yours is good too OP!

Fun fact, if you're sprayed by a skunk in the eyes you can become temporarily blind.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• TheHowellerTheHoweller Member Posts: 407

It's because the owner of that skunk has promised a white-tailed cat (?) and has offered little to no proof to show that it is in fact a white-tailed cat.  That skunk definitely had potential, but you can't change a skunk into a cat with only paint.

Oh, not to mention that a good amount of the beta-testers' reviews are overly negative.  But really, I'm just upset that Aventurine has dropped the ball...From what I've found out so far.

-------------------------------
    It's honestly like everyone logs onto WoW, and games like WoW, just to masturbate. Everyone plays by themselves, and when they don't, they get what they want and get off.
    -------------------------------
    Originally posted by atziluth...
    Ah yes when the unreasonable are faced with reason they must resort to personal attacks...When you are ready to move up from the kids table you can talk with the grown ups.

• SeytanSeytan Member Posts: 653

I can't answer that I guess or some troll will report me and i'll get a temp ban, or a ban(If I was to answer yes, which I am not).  I guess I can say if you have ever watched a youtube video of a previous game and then tried controlling a character and moving around the world, you know moving the mouse and pressing W, then you will understand how the youtube vids don't do it justice. 
    First a fraps video drops your frame rate quite low, and then even with that raw footage a short 3 minute video can grow to 5+ gigabytes.  This has to be compressed to all hell.
    Is it that hard to wait for the game to come out and judge the reactions by the masses then?  I don't mean these forums either cause I guarantee no matter how good the game is they will turn into a trollfest. 

Why do you keep implying the game is good, and hint you might know more then the rest of us...and cant back it up? That is as bad as what you say about people you attack here on the forums not knowing ABOUT the game ASSERTING it is bad. If you cant prove what you assert, dont open your pie hole, kk?

Oh and the game dosnt need you to defend it. I saw your post in another thread about how you have so kindly donned the mantle of the troll slayer so you can protect the new folks coming here for information...the game will stand or fall on its own merits, irrespective of your intentions, and frankly you cannot contribute one shred of evidence to support your positions.

• indiramournindiramourn Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Ascension08

Fun fact, if you're sprayed by a skunk in the eyes you can become temporarily blind.

I see what you did there.