Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crossfire Ad

DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Two things.

First, this ad is slowing my broswer (IE, Firefox and Opera) immensly - nearly to the point of lockup.

Second, I think your ad rotation may be screwed up - that is unless crossfire has become the sole ad for mmorpg.com. I usually ignore the ads, but because the browser slowdown I noticed is repetitiveness. I refreshed 30 times (yes, 30) and all were crossfire ads - both the side and top banner.

Comments

• PipodeMoleasPipodeMoleas Member Posts: 44

google AdBlock Protection.

• ObiyerObiyer Member Posts: 511

Yeah, I have to concur with the Crossfire add. It doesn't slow my browser, but I've only been to three web pages and it's always poppin' up.

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

I am so glad I am not the only one who noticed this.

I began to take note of their priority scale being really off with crossfire a week ago myself .

I avoided the site hoping it would go away somewhat, alas...it didn't.

If they were using DFP, Atlas, or AdExpress I'd suggest they change their advertisng rotation to having crossfire a 5 because at this point it's like the top priority and the damned creative locks opera without any issues what-so-ever.

A few "friends" were speaking of that creative the other day, and I am pretty sure it's all affiliate coding gone wrong as their publishers were having user lock ups with the same creative.

They scaled the priorites up a tad and ran it out of rotation for that same reason.

I suggest mmorpg.com go back to the advertising (or affiliate program) and request a new creative as I am sure a few of us out there can't even come to this site unless using IE, which i personally hate to do.

/latepost