Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Looks Interesting!

loves2playloves2play Member Posts: 26

Comments

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Even in it's early stages it shows a lot more promise than Darkfall's current pre-release stage.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Looks a little earlier than the video title suggests, but I agree, this game in progress looks to be shaping up nicely, I'm convinced it will trump Darkfall on it's arrival.

Is there anyone here that can translate this video for us?

• loves2playloves2play Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by hidden1

Even in it's early stages it shows a lot more promise than Darkfall's current pre-release stage.

, And, what did you think of the minotaur model work?  And how smooth that town they showed in fpv.  These guys have their act together.

• flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507

This is the game i am wanting to play, i have been keeping up with this game for a while.  cant wait for it to come out

Originally posted by loves2play

, And, what did you think of the minotaur model work?  And how smooth that town they showed in fpv.  These guys have their act together.

I liked the creature model.  As it stands it looks like they are going for the classical version of it mythologically speaking.  The animation and frame-rate of the town was super smooth, and the artstyle was pretty cool.  I'd like to travel in that town/city.  Looks like it's running on 60 fps though and that might be an extreme example since it looks like a dev. station he's running it on.  My guess is that they'll lower the frame-rate for testing purposes.  However looks great so far.  And I agree that they seem to have their act together.  You can tell that by how smooth the product looks in such an early phase.

Much cheers and praise to Star Vault.

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

Translation is available on MO forum in a thread about this interview.

btw guys, don't hype MO now. I ask you for a favour of underhyping MO with 1, until it gets at least into community beta testing stage.
    Overhyping it now will end like AoC <_< and there's no need for influx of dumb casual players, who can't even read basic FAQ or info about the game. Instead of that flood the forums with silly, repeating questions.

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

First they are basicly explaining that Mortal is a MMO like WoW but that the comparisson ends there. Instead it will be more about freedom and the players own creativity (aka sandbox...). The dev says that you can log into the game and there is a war going on in that area that the players have created but you dont know how or why. Its more like a paralel workd that isnt as "directed" as other games. The interview is made by the loca new so its just basic info about the game.

Then they talk about that they will probably distribute the game by themself and that the financial crisis have made so distributors are holdning on to their money now. But they say that they are not affect by the economy because they have their budget set and is working after that so there is no worry. Then their is also a guy talking about how the game indusrty and other forms of entertainment isnt as heavily affected by the crisis.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

Originally posted by Papadam

First they are basicly explaining that Mortal is a MMO like WoW but that the comparisson ends there. Instead it will be more about freedom and the players own creativity (aka sandbox...). The dev says that you can log into the game and there is a war going on in that area that the players have created but you dont know how or why. Its more like a paralel workd that isnt as "directed" as other games. The interview is made by the loca new so its just basic info about the game.

Then they talk about that they will probably distribute the game by themself and that the financial crisis have made so distributors are holdning on to their money now. But they say that they are not affect by the economy because they have their budget set and is working after that so there is no worry. Then their is also a guy talking about how the game indusrty and other forms of entertainment isnt as heavily affected by the crisis.

Thank you for translating that for us, we hopefuls of the game are looking forward to more info as the devs. continue their progress.  Looking good so far.

Originally posted by joshe

Translation is available on MO forum in a thread about this interview.

btw guys, don't hype MO now. I ask you for a favour of underhyping MO with 1, until it gets at least into community beta testing stage.

Overhyping it now will end like AoC <_< and there's no need for influx of dumb casual players, who can't even read basic FAQ or info about the game. Instead of that flood the forums with silly, repeating questions.

Who's overhyping?  I just see people interested in it.  Besides that influx of players is going to happen anyways as any game gets closer to release.