Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you commit crimes in Second Life?

snowyjoesnowyjoe Member Posts: 36

Like the topics says, if i make my avatar, Am i aloud to buy a gun, or some base ball bat, and threaten people for their money, and break into peoples houses and steal things?

Can i start my own mob in the game?

Or can i fight people on the streets?

Is there any sort of combat in this game? lol

Comments

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

ahmm... i dont know what to say other than

if you are in the right sim playing your RP character in a sim that alows spontaneous combat ... yes

other than that you will just get banned from the parcels you doing that...

if you go in a RP fantasy sim wearing a baseball cap being all gangster wou will simply get banned on the spot (from that sim only)

but if you go to a Urban sim that ALLOWS spontanous non consentual combat using THEIR combat scripts and weapons then yes

• snowyjoesnowyjoe Member Posts: 36

Ohhh..... so second life has diffrent worlds with diffrent themes?

Cool thanks for the answer

• Sharpie1Sharpie1 Member Posts: 2

edit: del

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247
    Originally posted by snowyjoe

Like the topics says, if i make my avatar, Am i aloud to buy a gun, or some base ball bat, and threaten people for their money, and break into peoples houses and steal things?
    Can i start my own mob in the game?
    Or can i fight people on the streets?

Is there any sort of combat in this game? lol

Some ppl scripted objects that stole people's creations, called copybot...it was a disaster for a few weeks.

then someone built an object that had some script that stole all your Linden dollars...but you had to open it yourself...similar to a virus...it still made some headlines...  so there's the crimes division...and ppl prolly colled the cops too lol

you can script a "gun" or object that Blasts a person into orbit

• kezya123kezya123 Member Posts: 23

go on a killingspree with a fryingpan. rofl.

______________________________________________________________________________

"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and lead us from this world to another." — Plato.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

• LucreziaRybaLucreziaRyba Member Posts: 3

On Second Life you can create script and animation that can hurt other people (for the time).

For example you can create an animation that beat an other avi, but in order to get the other avatar involved and hurted by the animation , he have to give explicit permission to the percussion.....

so, if you want beat him, basically before the action you ask him if he want to be hurted by the animation and if he accept, well he accept to be animated by the animations....

he can stop the animation in each moment....

so well, Second Life is sometime used a rpg platform or beat em up platform for gaming....

but the avi can't be killed. .....

My Second Life Community

• Lord_AraLord_Ara Member Posts: 73

SL has huge Mafia families, that type of RP might interest you, and yes given the right area you can cap a capo in the head and kick him like the punk b***h that he or she is.

...in the end there was no Good and Evil only living and dead...

• RusternRustern Member UncommonPosts: 1

Given time you'll likely find anything you can imagine in Second Life... Bad and good. For what you're talkng about there are MANY places. Just search "Crack Den" for example.

Of course you can just run around being an ass :P But don't be suprised if people hit back harder.

• RachellRachell Member Posts: 8

Just remember, in SL there is role play gangster and there is griefer.  If you go to just any sim or any person's property and create a disturbance, you will be lucky if they only ban you from their property.  There are many powerful scripts to run in SL.  No script is more powerful than one run by a property owner.  They can freeze you in place, explain the error of your ways to you, then kick you into high orbit.  If you are not skilled in how SL works, you could be traveling for quite a while before finally crashing and being forced to log back on again.  By that time you will have been reported to LL and a griefing complaint will go on your avatar's record. 

If you want to play gangsta, go to the right sim for it.  If you want to cause trouble throughout other sims, be ready to have your account terminated in the end.  Rules against griefing are getting stronger all the time.   Better to just play nice and get along with those who have already put out the expense for the serious defense systems.