Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two months passed, three events. Looks like First Planet is really stepping up to the plate?

AlphaGeekAlphaGeek Member UncommonPosts: 193

Hey Entropians!

Just a comment on the state of the game since MA spun Planet Calypso off from Entropia Universe and into a subsidiary company.

Since that time, we've seen Robot War II, Merry Mayhem 2009, and tomorrow brings us the end of some kind of mutant uprising involving the Orb. What  the heck are we gonna call that?

New items have been discovered, new foes vanquished (except fot that crazy invisible one near the orb at Hades) and we've seen new developments in the ongoing stories that make up the backbone of all that we see on-planet.

I'm far from a fanboi. Some of  the posters here will recognize me as the guy that tried to organize a players strike just a couple of years ago because of severe movement bugs and other problems that inhibited gameplay. I call 'em like I see 'em.

Anyway, back to the subject. It looks like First Planet is bringing the story to the forefront. It's good to see Berta Bot chugging out new EBN articles at a steady pace, and new & interesting things happening.

Anyone else getting good vibes from marco and his staff being unleashed from MA and set to work for FP?

Alpha AG Geek
Founder- Manticore Society

Comments

• avneetavneet Member Posts: 68

I have to say all the stories and events they have been doing has really been an upturn for EU.

The problem lies in the fact that this just covers up everything else that people hated isntead of fixing it. We are talking about things like how bad the looting system has gotten and how much it costs you to play now compared to before. People who are fanboys can continue to say the loot is fine but it is not. There are posts even on entropiaforums about it. It is nothing compared to before and it all goes down to MA keeping more money then before instead of putting it back into the lootpool. Either the explanation is greed or the game is dying and they need more money to keep it up. You pick your own choice.

Drackarre-A new medieval fantasy sandbox mmorpg in development by Bungaboo.

• Nytewolf2k7Nytewolf2k7 Member Posts: 181

I could not have said it better myself.

Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)

• AlphaGeekAlphaGeek Member UncommonPosts: 193

Actually it probably comes down to fewer depositors vs the number of freeloaders. The downturn in the economy is effecting everything, including imaginary planets on the internet.

Nevertheless, MA is making progress, and I happen to like what I'm seeing.

If you two don't like EU so much anymore , there's always maplestory. It's free too. But you'll just find something to bellyache there about also. LOL

Alpha AG Geek

Nah, Grindfests don't please me. I'll stick with Fallout 3, 500 hours and still counting gotta love Christmas presents

Meanwhile, I'll still be a Critical Reviewer

Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)

LOL real funny =P How about instead of defending it and acting liek nothing is wrong, speak the truth that EU is dying compared to 4 years ago. Don't hide it from new comers trying to join so they know what to expect. You just said it yourself there is a downturn in the economy and my job is to come here and let everyone be aware of it because Entropiaforums bans you for mentioning it. Now what's funny. Oh yeah, Entropiaforums 0_o

Originally posted by avneet

LOL real funny =P How about instead of defending it and acting liek nothing is wrong, speak the truth that EU is dying compared to 4 years ago. Don't hide it from new comers trying to join so they know what to expect. You just said it yourself there is a downturn in the economy and my job is to come here and let everyone be aware of it because Entropiaforums bans you for mentioning it. Now what's funny. Oh yeah, Entropiaforums 0_o

Your job? How do you get paid? LOL  Looks more like your job is promoting afterworld at all costs.

Wait, lets call it your manic crusade against something you couldn't do well in. I think that's probably closer to the truth. EU can be a bad deal if you're not mature enough to control your spending or have unrealistic expectations that it's some kind of magic  free money machine.  Is that what happened to you?

For those peoplle there's always maplestory. It even looks cartoony for your amusement.

Alpha AG Geek

• curiousdaoccuriousdaoc Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by AlphaGeek

If you two don't like EU so much anymore , there's always maplestory. It's free too. But you'll just find something to bellyache there about also. LOL

Forty six years of age and you behave like this?

I understand that it's easy to hide behind your monitor and talk trash, but that doesn't make you any less of a cowardly cur for doing so. You sir are a real credit to society.

Occasionally I do wind up stooping to the level of others and fling some dung. We all do sometimes. Human nature I suppose.

Do you have anything to add to the original discussion?

Thanks,

Alpha AG Geek

LOL can't tell when your beat? So many random people here are talking you down and you act like it's nothing. Have fun fighting with yourself because we all know EU is dying =P Lets see what you have to say next to show how tough you are behind a screen =P Just make me laugh more ;]

I swear when people get mad online it just makes me happy like I can't explain. Getting angry over something no one can control 0_o Sorry but I'm just going to continue to send my posts about how bad EU is and how places like Entropia Forums hides it. So thus I post here :D

• liumlium Member Posts: 138

I will just say this let ppl download both games and decide...

AW is so much beter that EU is scary in Alpha stages.

Oh and for those that were talking like EU economy is great items always go up in prices finaly they realysed that ther is no economy in EU all BS is P2P trades. Btw item prices are droping every day and look at how many ubers on EF try to sell out before the boat sinks and it will sink :)

• momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

What is AW?

Just want to say -- I just started palyin Entropia for two days now... and I'm liking it alot... reminds me of the old starwars days... And I've only spend 15$--great game...  wish I tried it years ago, instead of searching for that perfect MMO.

Originally posted by momodig

What is AW?

AW = Afterworld

While it's not as Advanced as EU (Still in Alpha stage) it's a pretty nice game - however, just like Entropia it still feels like I'm working, rather than playing a game.

Originally posted by Nytewolf2k7

Originally posted by momodig

What is AW?

AW = Afterworld

While it's not as Advanced as EU (Still in Alpha stage) it's a pretty nice game - however, just like Entropia it still feels like I'm working, rather than playing a game.

Have to remember it's still in Alpha and that it's real world meaning they loose money if it's too easy to do things. But it's nothing like EU because you can actually make something of yourself in here all without even depositing. And I don't mean in months of sweating either =P

• Renton81Renton81 Member Posts: 92

however, just like Entropia it still feels like I'm working, rather than playing a game.

Nothing pleases you it seems lol  I think RCE games aren't just to your likings.  You seem to have the notion that when you play these games that you will instantly get money back plus ten times return... infact they should just line down money straight to your bank account every day lol

Dont come into the game expecting to become rich.  Come into the game expecting to have fun.  It is true to have more fun you need to put in more money, but you can get that money back later on through selling back loot or gear.  True sometimes you're loot will turn out as a negative result, but its not like 100% of your investment has gone down the drain.

The reason why you dislike the game is plainly because you expect to get returns handed on a silver plate.  If you have the same philosophy ingame as you do in real life (which is commonly the case with online players) then you might want to sort yourself out ;) maybe get a job or something.

And another thing is that not all the events that MA start up are skill related.  Recently there has been a competition to make a video using music from Kevin Rudolph and Lil Wayne and to promote both EU and the song.  Prize is Land area which is worth around $20k and also an armour set worth about $10k.  Reason why i didnt post this when it was first enounced is because i didnt want random haters to add to the competition seeing as i took part. Less is better in those cases =p anyway, at the end of the day theres alot to look forward to for all players.  Just dont come into the game with a closed mind.

P.S Fallout 3 is an awesome game.... though it doesnt last as long as 500 hours dude ;) I've done all the tasks and got most of the secret weapons and i've even killed everyone ingame LOL (except for the ppl you cant kill).  You're quite easily entertained it seems or maybe ur just walking around trying to hit on Moira.  Not sure how you can last that long but whatever floats your boat ;)

Received my first Free UGC code! :)
    Claim your Free UGC code Here

Actually what you said can't apply to EU because it's not fun at all unlesss you deposite a huge amount of money. The difference in AW is it doesn't require a huge amount of money or if you do deposite even 10 dollars, you never have to again unless you want to. There is no fun in EU until I deposited a couple hundred dollars. And don't say I don't know what I'm talking about because I've been playing for 4-5 years in EU. My account is "Time To Die" on Entropia forums.

Originally posted by Renton81

however, just like Entropia it still feels like I'm working, rather than playing a game.

Nothing pleases you it seems lol  I think RCE games aren't just to your likings.  You seem to have the notion that when you play these games that you will instantly get money back plus ten times return... infact they should just line down money straight to your bank account every day lol

Nope, I just expect to have fun when I am playing a game, which is the entire reason why I play games in the first place! who would have thunk it?

Entropia and to a far lesser extent, Afterworld make me feel like I'm playing RO AGAIN. I thought the grind there was bad.

Dont come into the game expecting to become rich.  Come into the game expecting to have fun.  It is true to have more fun you need to put in more money, but you can get that money back later on through selling back loot or gear.  True sometimes you're loot will turn out as a negative result, but its not like 100% of your investment has gone down the drain.

I never did, I kinda expected a little ROI to match what their reps were boasting, but TBH I could care less, waste of money in these economic times, better off keeping it in a high interest bank account.

>> They are preying on the weak and vulnerable people in the community, the ones with gambling problems and low self control as well as the poor with their whole "hey, you can make money here" thing - I know you can make money, its just not quick and easy - which I don't really care that much about. <<

The reason why you dislike the game is plainly because you expect to get returns handed on a silver plate.  If you have the same philosophy ingame as you do in real life (which is commonly the case with online players) then you might want to sort yourself out ;) maybe get a job or something.

Nope, sorry, try again. After playing for 2 years and spending at least AU$650~ I think I know what I am talking about... Thank you. I've seen everything from the highs to the lows and heard it all...

Again, I kinda expected a little ROI to match what their reps were boasting, which I think is only natural.

Forgive me for expecting them to live up to their hype.

STOP defending MindArk, they ARE NOT worthy.

And another thing is that not all the events that MA start up are skill related.  Recently there has been a competition to make a video using music from Kevin Rudolph and Lil Wayne and to promote both EU and the song.  Prize is Land area which is worth around $20k and also an armour set worth about $10k.  Reason why i didnt post this when it was first enounced is because i didnt want random haters to add to the competition seeing as i took part. Less is better in those cases =p anyway, at the end of the day theres alot to look forward to for all players.  Just dont come into the game with a closed mind.

I know about the competition, I have a couple entries

I started playing the game with the notion you could get money from it, but that's the way they advertised it in the freaking first place, or more accurately, the way the press changed their words to make it seem that way - If I hadn't of been LIED to, I'd never had played in the first place.

Anyhoo, 2 years on, I still play now because I like to contact my fellow addicts, but I play more Afterworld & Sins of a Solar Empire.

P.S Fallout 3 is an awesome game.... though it doesnt last as long as 500 hours dude ;) I've done all the tasks and got most of the secret weapons and i've even killed everyone ingame LOL (except for the ppl you cant kill).  You're quite easily entertained it seems or maybe ur just walking around trying to hit on Moira.  Not sure how you can last that long but whatever floats your boat ;)

Well it does with user created mods working on one right now...

Additions in blue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by avneet

Have to remember it's still in Alpha and that it's real world meaning they loose money if it's too easy to do things. But it's nothing like EU because you can actually make something of yourself in here all without even depositing. And I don't mean in months of sweating either =P

I know, Which is why I place it above Entropia by far, however the graphics are a let down - but I can live with them, I still play Pong :P afterall...

Anyway, I just hope First Planet Company lives up to what I was led to believe from what certain reps go on about.