Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFGame

MangoStarMangoStar Member Posts: 93

Well I'm on the search again for an MMORPG after EQII, and EVE failed to impress the second time around. I really am beginning to find myself on MMORPG.com and Counter Strike more often than not. What I'm looking for in an MMO : Some form of player versus player, raids/instances are a must, challenging Raids, if it takes longer than 8 months to reach level cap must be able to do some good raids before level cap, good community doesn't have to be large but must have a good community kind of like what beauturkey describes in one of his VG videos, Graphics doesnt matter, F2P or P2P doesnt matter, Level system or skill based doesnt matter, Genre Doesnt Matter.

List of games i have already played and ammount of time i played them:

• Guild Wars- 3 Months   
  • Ultima Online- 1 1/2 years on and off
  • Tibia- 1 Week
  • WoW- 3 Months
  • Everquest 2- 2 Weeks
  • EVE Online- 2 Months
  • LotRO- 2 Weeks
  • Age of Conan- 1 Week
  • Warhammer Online- 1 Month

Thanks in Advance For the Help                                                                                           

PC Specs:
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 2.6GH
DDR2 Ram: 2G
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT 512MB

Comments

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

I seen you only tried AoC for a week,have you tried it lately?

It doesnt have a massive amount of end game as far as I know(I am only level 63)but I do know more is comming in the upcomming patch.

The game is a hell of alot better than at release and it could be someting for you,also there are alot of player's returning(me included)so you could get in at the start of the flux and by the time you get to level 80 the new content will be added..just a thought.

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• gingus418gingus418 Member Posts: 128

Might I suggest FFXI? The game is entirely community based, as you normally need to be in a group to progress. There is a PvP system, called Ballista, which is sort of a cross between full contact football and soccer, and of course fighting is encouraged.  There are many "mini raids" scattered throughout the world, called Burning Circles, which drop some very good items, and then at the level cap there is something Dynamis, which is a large scale raid that takes a full alliance. There is a Dynamis for each city, and a couple more on top of that as well. The game has an extensive mission system for each nation as well, and you can switch allegiances if you wish to do so. One of the nice features of FFXI is that you can switch your job at any point, so if you roll as a caster and then feel like playing as  a tank, you can go to your mog house (player apartment, which is free) and change there at no cost. The game also has a good crafting system, and you can even raise your own chocobo (mount) and race with it for prize money. The game is very in depth with a level cap of 75 and can be hard to get into, although you may like it. Check it out. Here's the website: www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Can you expand on why you didn't like EQ2 for a basis for likes/dislikes?

Not trying to convince you to go back, just trying to get a glimpse from your POV.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• MangoStarMangoStar Member Posts: 93

to daylight: i got AoC around the 10th of January i just really didnt like it that much idk why it just wasnt for me.

The reason i quit EQII was i was confused after getting off the island i didnt know what to do im a Dwarf Ranger and still have a bout 2 weeks left on the free 30 days so if i can get to another questing area might stick with it

FFXI never realy appealed to me idk why it just never really did i played for about a day didnt think it was a significant amount of time to mention i just didnt like the feel of it.

hope this helps you to help me

PC Specs:

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Originally posted by MangoStar

What I'm looking for in an MMO : Some for of player versus player, raids/instances are a must, challenging Raids, if it takes longer than 8 months to reach level cap must be able to do some good raids before level cap, good community doesn't have to be large but must have a good community

Well, you just described FFXI.....it has all that and more, but since you just ruled that game out you're out of luck!  I'd suggest you give it another try if you really want to find what you desire!

I am going to give FFXI another try but while i wait in the damn queue to download it from FilePlanet any other suggestions?

also anyone got a link to maybe a wiki for FFXI showing all the instances/dungeons that would be great.

PC Specs:

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

to daylight: i got AoC around the 10th of January i just really didnt like it that much idk why it just wasnt for me.
    The reason i quit EQII was i was confused after getting off the island i didnt know what to do im a Dwarf Ranger and still have a bout 2 weeks left on the free 30 days so if i can get to another questing area might stick with it
    FFXI never realy appealed to me idk why it just never really did i played for about a day didnt think it was a significant amount of time to mention i just didnt like the feel of it.

If you're still interested in EQ2 this site will help you figure out what zones you should be questing in. eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Solo_Timelines

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Originally posted by skeaser

If you're still interested in EQ2 this site will help you figure out what zones you should be questing in. eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Solo_Timelines

not really understanding what its trying to tell me mind clearing it up a bit right now im in Queynos

PC Specs:

I am going to give FFXI another try but while i wait in the damn queue to download it from FilePlanet any other suggestions?
    also anyone got a link to maybe a wiki for FFXI showing all the instances/dungeons that would be great.

Here is the FFXI Wiki...anything an everything you'd wanna know about it!  I've got the link set to the battles/mission part of the website but there is alot more to see!

Originally posted by Khrymson

Here is the FFXI Wiki...anything an everything you'd wanna know about it!  I've got the link set to the battles/mission part of the website but there is alot more to see!

on a sidenote how is LotRO going?

PC Specs:

Also How Would i Do in Linage 2? would i be okay in that game or what? i heard the raids were epic filled with taking control of the raid location since its not instanced which involves fighting other players for days on end and then actualyl making it to the raid boss i thought this sounded like a lot of fun anyone know if there is a trial to it?

PC Specs:

seriously no tips on Linage 2? or any other suggestions

PC Specs:

Havn't played L2 for years, and LOTRO is good, but has very little content near the end!  Nothing that is holding me, and I'm looking to move on here really soon for awhile!

if you find i game you think i may be interested in just pm me and we can play together to make it more fun

PC Specs:

definitely give FFXI another shot before you jump ship. I played the game looking for similar things that you were and I stayed with the game for 2 and a half years. It's a great game, but definitely takes some getting used to. I'd say it took me about a week or so before I started getting the jist of things. Stick around until maybe level 20 or so. In that time span you'll get a good feel as to what the rest of the game is like, and by that point you will have been able to unlock the ability to have a subjob and also the ability to ride chocobos. Give it a try!

Originally posted by gingus418

definitely give FFXI another shot before you jump ship. I played the game looking for similar things that you were and I stayed with the game for 2 and a half years. It's a great game, but definitely takes some getting used to. I'd say it took me about a week or so before I started getting the jist of things. Stick around until maybe level 20 or so. In that time span you'll get a good feel as to what the rest of the game is like, and by that point you will have been able to unlock the ability to have a subjob and also the ability to ride chocobos. Give it a try!

whats the level cap of the game?

PC Specs:

75. There are at least 5 expansions out for the game that I know of right now, and 2 mini expansions are in the works right now, so there's a ton of content to go through in the 75 levels.

Well since i didn't go to school today i was able to try both FFXI and Lineage 2 and neither one of them really took me i played each for at least 3 hours so idk, maybe the game looking for is already on my shelve and that's a lot of games on my shelve too, maybe ill give LotRO another, i could give WAR another try to since they are releasing two more classes, or maybe im not looking where i should be for a game all the other games on my shelve(AoC, EQII, WoW, and Guild Wars) will never get a second look from me ever.

PC Specs:

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

I'm going to apologize up front for taking over your thread.

Horizons - a little over 2 years

Lineage 2 - 4 months

Everquest 2 - about 6 months

RF Online - 2 years

WoW, FFXI, CoH - played through their entire trials

War - 2 months

Bunch of FTP MMOs including

Runes of Magic - currently trying but losing interest

can't remember all of the FTP games but didn't spend much time on them.  I really enjoyed Horizons but it has under 100 people now and to get the most out of the game it will cost $15 a month whihc won't be worth it playing by myself.  RF Online I played because of my friends but its gone downhill now.  All the games I played trials for were good but not what I was looking for.  I'm looking for something more like Horizons.  I liked how Perfect World had an "open" world but the skill tree and classes didn't really appeal to me. 

I also like games such as Hellgate and PSO. 

I haven't played most of those games in a while so they might have changed but  I need a good game and can't find the perfect one.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar