Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the best Newbie server?

StywriStywri Member Posts: 5

Hi there,

My friend and I are considering trying / moving to EQII from WoW after becoming very bored with the new expansion, can anyone please tell us which servers are the best for PvE and RP play.

Thankyou

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

if you roll on Blackburrow  id be happy to lend a hand

- ingame name, Nadyn or Lyna

• roalandroaland Member UncommonPosts: 185

Mistmore is also a good server. Its the one i play on. The Economy isnt to bad and ppl are really nice. Theres plenty of high end raiding guilds and plenty of other more casual friendly guilds also. I havent had a problem on that server yet and ive been playing off and on for 3 years now.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

Ignore those other loosers and join the real best server, Najena.  :P

---
    Ethion

• StywriStywri Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by ethion

Ignore those other loosers and join the real best server, Najena.  :P

Why is it the best?

Are these RP / PVP / PVE servers?

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

the most popular is antonia bayle, PVE RP

but at the upper levels you may regret that choice due to lag and crowding

Server List

eq2players.station.sony.com/servers/index.vm

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by Nadia

the most popular is antonia bayle, PVE RP
    but at the upper levels you may regret that choice due to lag and crowding

Server List
    eq2players.station.sony.com/servers/index.vm

I wholly endorse this statement.

I''ve played on Antonia Bayle since lauch, and have since opened up a new account in order to play on Mistmoore.

AB is full, and I can only imagine the nightmare a new player would have finding a foot in the economy.

• Jeff44Jeff44 Member Posts: 459

Although I've really never experienced any lag on AB, enough people complain about it - to the extent that it must exist. That in and of itself might be enough reason to go elsewhere.

However, I've rolled alts on many different servers and found that making in-game money was easiest on AB, due in great part to the large population. Whether by harvesting or crafting, there always seems to be someone to buy my product on AB - and not as much on less populated servers.

Hope you enjoy the game!

user
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

Antonia Bayle because there is lots of people there, but it lags.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Honestly, do NOT choose Antonia Bayle. I play on Mistmoore and its great. AB is so crowded that other people often get to mobs, nodes and shinies before you do. And it LAGS. I've made a couple characters on there and lived to regret it because the lag is horrific no matter how good your computer.

• Jeff44Jeff44 Member Posts: 459

Okay, now you HAVE to play on AB, just to be different.

user
  • StywriStywri Member Posts: 5

Thanks to everyone for all of the advice and warm welcomes to your game, we have chosen to join the Blackburrow server and will be launching our new adventure towards the back end of this week, please feel free to make an alt or pop by to say hi, I will post our In Game Names when all is set.

Again, thank you all, and see you soon.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

All of them. Ignore the people that say Antonia Bayle because they'd rather suffer the horrific lag than actually be able to play the game. Its starting to seem like, if they had their way, everyone would play on Antonia bayle. If no one ever plays on the other servers then the other servers never get populated.