Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOTRO 3rd most popular paid MMO

At least among xfire users gratz i presume for Turbine . It surpassed Warhammer online Today hopefully it can pass eve online soon. Nice to see the game growing post release.

www.xfire.com/games/

Comments

• PraviusPravius Member UncommonPosts: 68

I dont think this is anything really new.  I think LOTRO has some sort of contest going on now with it's users logging into Xfire.

• Darkheart00Darkheart00 Member Posts: 521
    Originally posted by Pravius

I dont think this is anything really new.  I think LOTRO has some sort of contest going on now with it's users logging into Xfire.

i know thats why i saw it in first place. Should make for good PR.

• FadeToBlack3FadeToBlack3 Member Posts: 89

Yes indeed there is an xfire contest going on, that being said the population does seem alot higher to me now with the release of the expansion.

Wolfenpride: <--Giant fucking sword syndrome.

Probably cause im trying to compensate for miniscule manhood.

• WallanoWallano Member Posts: 104

Great to see it growing =D I just bought the game today. Im patching right now. Looking forrward to be playing!

• beaverzbeaverz Member Posts: 660

This games deserves it.

There is one reason to throw rocks at the devs tho, since mom came out all high end players wear the same stuff rad gear insidious cuffs...

If this game had a bigger selection of item sets, weapons and outfits it would be nearly perfect.

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

I've always thought xfire stats were BS (just for this reason)...but at least Turbine is trying to do more advertising through partnerships.

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

X-fire stats really don't mean much.   A few hardcore players can pump a game way up.  And the proportion of users that have X-fire installed varies wildly from game to game.  For example, LoTRO has built in voice chat which gives them a big penalty in X-fire users. 

The only reason you are seeing a lot of players now is the contest.  In reality very few LotRO users bother with X-fire, I would think.

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.

Yeha most lotro players use vent, never been in a party where ppl told me to get on xfire.

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.

• armengararmengar Member UncommonPosts: 51

xfire really isnt a good measure of lotro, I dont use it and everyone I play with online does not use this tool either.  Would guess its underestimating the numbers.....

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by Pravius

Sure its called "use xfire because too many people put alot of credence into it and we can trick people into think we have alot more players than we do"........LoTRO is hardly the third most popular MMO...... The 2 servers I played on were sparcely populated most of the time.......

Come back and check out the servers now, since mom came out and lotro got a few awards the main towns are crowded, and during rush hour you might have to wait to log on.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

Not that LOTRO is a great game or anything, and it could very well be increasing in subscription numbers. But this Xfire crap is useless. First off, its for a contest. Meaning grab 2 buddies and hack Xfire numbers to get it pushed up. This contest made people use Xfire who normally don't, hence the increase. Secondly, Xfire numbers can be hacked and inflated. Xfire can show how people react to a game, but thats when its used correctly. Most of the time, with people these days, its not. If I know one person whos screwed with those numbers, I'm sure there are more out there who do it also. Stop with this Xfire sub usage crap, its only a decent tool when used correctly. And youtube should show you its not.