Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LotrO welcome back week for EU players (2-7 february)

Yea as the title says, Codemasters is having a Welcome back week for old players in Europe between 2-7th February!

More info: http://community.lotro-europe.com/news.php?id=8963&pagename=news&type=news

"An awful lot of great new content has been added since launch including huge new zones, new classes, hobbies, player housing, new raids, the bartering and reputation system, Critter Play, Legendary play and much, much more! To read the full list of all the additions and improvements, please visit our Patch Overview page."

If WoW = The Beatles
and WAR = Led Zeppelin
Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

Comments

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

oh nice!

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• DekapitatorDekapitator Member UncommonPosts: 261

Will there be any discount if we re-subscribe for 1 month or 3 months?

They had some promotions last year.

Cant find nothing regarding this in the website.

• APRAuroreAPRAurore Member Posts: 330

I'm definitely interested, though I might switch servers. The server I chose was really empty and I had problems getting into fellowships for the fellowship quests. It was a real shame, because I enjoy grouping up 1/2 of the time and soloing the other 1/2. Can anyone recommend a good English server? I want one with a balanced pop: not too many people and not too little...

Back in EvE. Started with BatMUD. Main MMOs have been EvE and DAoC.

• d3moliti0nd3moliti0n Member Posts: 63

I'm gonna give LotRO another try. I bought the game about a year ago and played for some of the free month, got to about level 12 I think, I forget which class it was.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102
    Originally posted by APRAurore

I'm definitely interested, though I might switch servers. The server I chose was really empty and I had problems getting into fellowships for the fellowship quests. It was a real shame, because I enjoy grouping up 1/2 of the time and soloing the other 1/2. Can anyone recommend a good English server? I want one with a balanced pop: not too many people and not too little...

What server were you on? From what I know most EN servers have a good population but Gilrain is the smallest. Evernight is also said to be one of the smaller servers but it has a very good population at all levels now.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

I was on Gilrain. I struggled to find groups, so ended up getting boosted through a lot of the early material. I really didn't find being boosted that much fun, though it was very nice of people to offer to help me. Nice community, just not enough of it. Perhaps I'll give Evernight a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

• HellsMajestyHellsMajesty Member UncommonPosts: 204

i might just have to consider this with WAR going downhill and WoW being WoW

Why is WAR going downhill? You mean the Euro pop is disappearing? I hope that's not the case because I have been thinking of going back in March or April.

Anyway, I resubbed to LotRO. I'm pretty sick of WoW at the moment. I had a toon on Eldar that I picked up again. Hopefully that is a good server?

• sadboysadboy Member Posts: 66

I was on Gilrain. I struggled to find groups, so ended up getting boosted through a lot of the early material. I really didn't find being boosted that much fun, though it was very nice of people to offer to help me. Nice community, just not enough of it. Perhaps I'll give Evernight a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Gilrain as you know is one of the latest servers so it has a lower pop but I play it as well and its pretty populated so maybe its you timezone. Lotro community is very good and I totally understand the point about boosting not really what you want Evernight might be a choice but it does depend on your timezone, it is an older server though.

Ya Elder is a good server

No it wasn't odd hours. I was on during Euro prime time during the week and a good portion of the day on weekends. 

I work usual hours, though today work is cancelled due to snow... whee hee! :D Wait, what am I doing here? Time to load up LotRO

No it wasn't odd hours. I was on during Euro prime time during the week and a good portion of the day on weekends. 

I work usual hours, though today work is cancelled due to snow... whee hee! :D Wait, what am I doing here? Time to load up LotRO