Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just bought this little laptop

EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Dear god, it's a frigging powerhouse. I was so in awe of it I bought two of em. One for me and another for the misses.

I bought Fallout 3 and Call of duty World at War and I can play it with no problems whatsoever at max settings.

Then I bought this little beauty.....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8548841&st=routers&lp=5&type=product&cp=1&id=1188561003287

This sucker gives me wireless faster than my direct cable linkup!

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Comments

• NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

Nice.

Care to share the specs?

-------------------------

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Warranty Terms - Labor1 year limitedProduct Height1.2"Product Width4.6"Product Weight11.2 oz.Product Depth7.6"SpeedUp to 1000 MbpsNumber of LAN Ports4LAN ConnectionEthernetLEDsWindows XP SP2, Vista; Mac OS X (v10.4); Internet Explorer v6 or Mozilla FireFox v1.5; CD-ROM drive; network interface driveNumber of WAN Ports1Wireless StandardWireless-NENERGY STAR QualifiedYes

Thats the specs for the router

And here's the pc:

Warranty Terms - Parts1 year limitedWarranty Terms - Labor1 year limitedProduct

Height1.7"Product Width15.75

"Product Weight9.1 lbs.Product Depth11.75"Gaming SeriesYesProcessor BrandIntel®Processor PlatformIntel® Centrino® 2ProcessorIntel® Core™2 Duo MobileProcessor

Speed2.26GHzDisplay Type

WXGA high-definition widescreen TFT-LCD with Ultrabright technologyScreen Size17"System Bus1066MHzCache Memory3MB on die Level 2System

Memory (RAM)4GBType of Memory (RAM)DDR3

Hard Drive TypeSerial ATA (7200 rpm)Hard Drive Size320GB

Optical DriveDouble-layer DVD±RW/CD-RWOptical Drive Speeds2.4x DVD+R DL; 2x DVD-R DL; 8x8x8 DVD+RW; 8x6x8 DVD-RW; 5x DVD-RAM; 24x16x24 CD-RWDirect-Disc LabelingYesDigital Media Reader or SlotsYes, digital media card reader

GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTSVideo Memory1GB GDDR3Personal Video Recorder (PVR)NoTV TunerNoMPEGYes

Built-in WebcamYes

Modem56 Kbps* ITU V.92 *Capable of receiving 56 Kbps downloads.

However, current regulations limit download speed to 53 Kbps.

NetworkingBuilt-in 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)Wireless NetworkingWireless-A+B+G+NBluetooth-EnabledNoS-Video OutputsNoneAdditional

Audio/Video ConnectorsHDMI v1.2AudioHigh-definition audioSpeakersBuilt-in stereo speakersPCMCIA SlotsNoneUSB 2.0 Ports3IEEE 1394 FireWire Ports1Parallel PortsNoneSerial PortsNoneGame PortsNoneLaptop WeightStandard (more than 5.5 lbs.)Battery Type9-cell lithium-ionPointing DeviceSynaptics touchpad with vertical scrollOperating SystemWindows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with SP1Included SoftwareMicrosoft Works 9.0, Essentials; Adobe Reader 9.0; Cyberlink Power2Go, LabelPrint and moreENERGY STAR QualifiedNo

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• TykeroTykero Member Posts: 349

I just bought the very same laptop, I believe.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834101166

It was $400 off, so 1199.99. Free shipping, no tax.

Pretty sweet deal.

Pretty much the best laptop available for that kind of money. Glad I got it before the price went back up.

-

• AsprnBtlAsprnBtl Member Posts: 116

Good timing, my laptop just bit the dust. Maybe I'll get this to replace it.

its well worth the money

• rohcicocforohcicocfo Member Posts: 2

awesome laptop. i will put it in my wish list.

Originally posted by Enigma

its well worth the money

After using it for a few days now, I can only agree.

Gateway really outdid themselves on this one.

-

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Your router is doing something wrong if a direct cable is running slower then a wireless connection.  Considering wires have been rated up to 1GB/s for a while.  I find it hard to believe you can get a wireless that can achieve that.

Originally posted by Cleffy

Your router is doing something wrong if a direct cable is running slower then a wireless connection.  Considering wires have been rated up to 1GB/s for a while.  I find it hard to believe you can get a wireless that can achieve that.

Yeah, I was gonna point out that current wireless standards only rate up to ~54 Megabits/s, whereas wired standards are up to ~1,000 Megabits/s (on Ethernet), but I got distracted by the fact that we bought the same laptop, heh.

-

i ran FallOut 3 on max and Call of Duty on max....evvery new release pc game ive bought have been played on max withthis laptop with no problems at all.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239
    Originally posted by Enigma

i ran FallOut 3 on max and Call of Duty on max....evvery new release pc game ive bought have been played on max withthis laptop with no problems at all.

hehe old man i just did the same thing except for with the equivalent asus model with a 1 year complete idiot warranty( i could shoot holes in the damn thing and they would replace it for a year) plus a year of regular warranty. Which is somehow included in the price.

I had to buy two also even though my better half wanted a mac, and convincing otherwise was atwo week delay.

but the asus is different in a lot of minor ways from most brands for instance there fingerprint reader is far superior, also the ionization on my exhaust somehow puts more oxygen in the air, which through ionization also remoives all static from the hardware on the laptop.

But i got most the same hardware as you except themotherboard, but i gota say the HD on laptop screens is a noticable difference but not as major as it is on TV's

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.