Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online: 10 Day Free Trial Offered

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Turbine has announced that a 10 day free of Lord of the Rings Online is now available and they have joined forces with Xfire to offer a number of prizes and incentives.

Earthrise Screenshot

WESTWOOD, MA -- January 29, 2009 -- Turbine, Inc. has launched the official 10-day free trial of The Lord of the Rings Online™ (LOTRO). Beginning today, players in North America, Australia and New Zealand can play the game voted Best Overall Game of 2008 by the readers of MMORPG.com by visiting www.lotro.com/trial.

In conjunction with the launch of the Free Trial, Turbine has teamed up with Xfire to offer players a chance to win great prizes for signing up to play LOTRO (Full Game or Free Trial) and joining the Official Xfire LOTRO Clan while signed into Xfire from January 28th to February 11th*.

Read more here.

Comments

• nkryptiknkryptik Member Posts: 36

Why do companies like Turbine even bother? I downloaded the Free Trial and they never game me a key so I could not sign up for an account, then when I finally get to sign up for an account I keep getting an error telling me my forum information session has expired then it takes me to the same turbine account page that asks for a key.

All I have to say is it is really sad when Free 2 Play companies like Aeria Games have their act together better then Turbine when it comes to downloading.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Originally posted by nkryptik

Why do companies like Turbine even bother? I downloaded the Free Trial and they never game me a key so I could not sign up for an account, then when I finally get to sign up for an account I keep getting an error telling me my forum information session has expired then it takes me to the same turbine account page that asks for a key.
    All I have to say is it is really sad when Free 2 Play companies like Aeria Games have their act together better then Turbine when it comes to downloading.

I installed easy as pie. Maybe an error on your end, or maybe you're just unlucky this time. Say what you will but isolated individual incidents are not indicitive of recurring trends.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• LaughourloudLaughourloud Member Posts: 60

only 10 day free trial .... i want more, why not make it f2p

My Recent Blogs :D

My Games List http://bestbrowsergameslist.blogspot.com/

My Game Blog http://bestbrowsergames.blogspot.com/ Welcome to comment your opinions :)

My Twitter http://twitter.com/leagendry

• xiukwaixiukwai Member Posts: 16

cause then the game would be full of 10yr old annoying kids. no thanks ill pay to play

• Mona_lisaMona_lisa Member Posts: 16

it's a great news for all game lovers, can't stop myself now to play it