Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Q-World an interesting find!

BellaHBellaH Member UncommonPosts: 269

http://www.qworld.com.my/index.php

When I first came across this game I thought it was mainly for the younger crowd, but being me I try every game just about. Well to my
amazment there are a large amount of older player in the 25+ range. This
game is made bu the makers of Perfect World, which is very noticable right on the start of the game. Currently in beta it still has a number of game aspects not yet available. Also I would have to say it almost reminds me of a mix of DOMO and PW, but what this game has in its favor
is the large amount of extra features, the video recording, and joker skills.

Here is the game background!
During the early days, when SageLord had just started to build up the country, the people of Midland were living in misery and the lands were laid in desolation. There were thugs and bandit raging from within the country, and four foreign nations from outside the country trying to cross the border. And so, SageLord had set out plans for rehabilitation, which were to cut out compulsory military services and instead encourage farming. After every effort on developing the country prosperity, a powerful dynasty had finally emerged. Since then, the country has defeated ethnic group, Qiang Wu from the West, and put down the six tribes, Nanzhao from the South; also sent Oyirads to the deep valley of Yin Mountains, and chased the bandits away from Dadonghai Bay. For several years since then, the Heaven Dynasty was very well respected by the surrounding countries, they were strict and clean on politics, business thrived and the people lived a prosperous life. Slowly Heaven Dynasty was becoming famous in foreign countries, and soon became the ruler of the world. Following the battle in Yian Mountain, the country suffered great losses, but they managed to defeat the Asura tribe armies, and won themselves several years of peace and tranquility.

But they say when a thing reaches its extreme, it reverses its course. The glory days of Heaven Dynasty had come to an end. The Heaven Dynasty’s successors were not as contributive or dedicated enough as the SageLord himself to the country; instead they indulged in lavish, extravagant lifestyles. The crafty ministers saw the opportunity, used it and dominated politics. They wrongly used the emperor’s name to levy exorbitant taxes, carried out brutal exploitation and harmed the good and faithful who served the government. As a result bandits roved everywhere, the people were complaining and the strength of Heaven Dynasty had declined to the lowest ever. In the 31st year of Holy Calendar, Heaven Dynasty’s army which claims to be the troops of millions were badly defeated by the Asura tribe at the bottom of Yian Mountain, the border defenses were in a state of emergency. At the same time the pirates had set foot at the coast, they burned, killed, and looted all the way, covered the South coast with blood. The country was in a state of shock; the government had once again put themselves in a situation where there were no armies to send out anymore. Heaven Dynasty was at a critical stage. At this dangerous moment, Princess Sofia stood forward and put the perpetrators to death, and reformed the government. She did not follow blindly by the book and decided to hire young, potential Generals to stabilize the situation, at the same time she called out to the Q-world to unite and fend off the foreign aggressors together. The Princess also put out an offer, whereby she would marry the one who could save the people from suffering and recover the strength of the country. That person would also become the next Emperor of Heaven Dynasty. Everybody in Q-world was inspired under the temptation of power and beauty, and it helped to create a completely new look to Midland. Although the lost lands still could not be regained, it had managed to hold back the attack of Asura tribe armies from the West. Both sides had come to a deadlock.

At that moment shocking news had spread out! The ultimate secret “Maxtor Memoire” that was said to have long disappeared had reappeared in the society again, however on the other hand Princess Sofia had gone missing mysteriously around the area of SevenSword Town. The society rumors had it that only “Filch Saint” Bhavin knew the whereabouts of the “Maxtor Memoire”, but surprisingly he worked as the janitor of Prosperity Inn in SevenSword Town! Hence there’s the saying that “Maxtor Memoire” will resurface in SevenSword Town, and this once ordinary town had become the center of attraction over night! Those who possess the “Maxtor Memoire” will rule the society and the whole world! According to legend, in Maxtor Memoire, not only had it recorded the most powerful martial art that nobody in the world could defeat but it is also hid the secret of a great treasure! There were some who say, the princess disguised herself as a commoner in order to look for the secret that could save Heaven Dynasty; some say she was tired of the bloody fights and went to a foreign place for a beautiful love vow; there were others who say all these were part of a conspiracy by the Asura tribe. They kidnapped the princess and made up the lies of the Maxtor Memoire, only to cause waver to the unity Midland of Q-World. Upon that, a happy, strange, volatile and romantic society has opened its doors, waiting for you to explore!

Well I hope someone finds this usful.
Enjoy!

Comments

• BellaHBellaH Member UncommonPosts: 269

Did anyone give this game a try? If so what did you think?

• hooptyhoopty Member UncommonPosts: 788

Nope have not tried it..But thanks for brining it up though..Checking it out now..

Some people rob you at gun point..Others will rob you at "Ball Point Pen"

• spinach8puffspinach8puff Member CommonPosts: 864

Briefly tried it. Quests give the majority of exp and mobs give bearly any. After the 2nd kill quest you are asked to kill something too hard and have to grind until you can kill them.

I didn't see one person around when I was leveling.

Umm. the first 10-15 quests are in the village, and then the ones you get from the board are not anywhere near to high once youve done village ones. Not sure where that came from. Even the lady in the taverns quests are pretty low lvl.

Yeah, I actually missed one quest that wasn't from the lady in the tavern (Micah) that allowed me to kill the mobs I needed for her. I'm level 13 now and the game is pretty fun, but I still haven't seen a person around nor any chat.

• scabzyscabzy Member UncommonPosts: 94

the game is perfect world like, not bad game, probleme is the ping with 250+ ping you have no chance in pvp, the impact on gameplay is huge

• ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263

Tried it back when Cubizone started the beta. It's pretty much Perfect World with chibi chars. Some added features (nothing revolutionary ofc) from which armor crafting is the one I hated the most as it has not only class specific armor but gender as well. All in all, not my kind of game.

Cheers.

• youlrennayoulrenna Member Posts: 1

I've read the game site carefully and it seems that except for it's an oriental game and the game interface is some lovely, there is nothing more very attractive, also I couldn't found more info of it by Google search.

I'll be reviewing it on my site in about a day. The only bad part is I am unable to experience it during the late night which is when I mostly game. The lag is absolutely horrible at night since it is 13 hours off of EST which makes it day time there. I can't find which port to open either and I have been unable to pass a really hard quest where I have to chug potions to kill a miniboss. I really don't want to do the repeatable quests to level as it makes a game very boring.

• BikuuBikuu Member Posts: 10

I came across the website and, to be honest, thought it looked very childish and poorly made; the website that is. But my curiosity and love for gaming got the best of me and I decided to try it out.

Man, do I love this game.

The fact that it's made by the makes of Perfect World should tell you straight up that this game is worth a try. Although the graphics aren't realistic like PW,  they're nicely done and very colorful. I also love how the headgear gives you different hairstyles.

I've never been a fan of the Chinese-themed scenery and characters(like SIlkroad). But this game is definitely worth playing. c:

I agree and it also has the casual type of leveling you were looking for. If you don't lag as much as I did I definately suggest sticking with it.

• BikuuBikuu Member Posts: 10

I am lag free in this game. Which makes me happy. I'm about level 25. C:

And I'll stick to it. I'm just a sucker for trying new games. I'm on a quest to find a game that will suck me in like WoW sucks in everyone else. xD

Originally posted by youlrenna
    I've read the game site carefully and it seems that except for it's an oriental game and the game interface is some lovely, there is nothing more very attractive, also I couldn't found more info of it by Google search.

ROFL you evidently where reading the wrong site, or maybe unable to read it?

**Yes, Ive also not had any lag what so ever, the game will be really nice once they advertise it more.

• kavlikavli Member UncommonPosts: 82

takes ages just to get webpage loaded..

Malaysia huh?

image[/URL]

• mulkmulkmulkmulk Member Posts: 13

quit it after 1 day because i realized i could already kill nay single mob in the game and they all round up  same exp :p

• DronilsnaDronilsna Member Posts: 1

Wow, it seems hard to decide whether should I give it a try or not. When I read the posts said it has beautiful graphics and level quests we are looking for, I was thinking it should should be a very good one, howerever, when I read those posts of opposite opinions, I was hesitated. So how should I do, maybe just spend some time to have a try?

Everyone will have a different review on it since everyone has different likes and dislikes. You should at least try it since it's F2P. The only thing you have to lose is a few hours.

• trust816trust816 Member Posts: 4

qworld?does it mean that the character looks so cute?

• cjdriniccjdrinic Member Posts: 41

Downloading, I liked Perfect world, till all the drama all time.

Be nice they did something better with the craft system.

• bboneheaddbboneheadd Member Posts: 116

Downloading the game now but I have to say the registration is a load of bull

• saya972saya972 Member Posts: 3

Interesting but i dont like this type of mmorpg... the style is too manga too children style