Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leaving Intrepid!! Suggestions wanted for Destination...

morockmorock Member Posts: 24

Given the fact that not only have I been advised to reclaim my house before its removed from game, now Im being advised to leave my server of origin.  Have played off and on since launch.  Like many others left after CU, but I have kept my accounts going.  Now that Ive logged back in it seems there are only a handful of players left on Intrepid.  Where are you guys heading??  What servers would be a good destination.??  All suggestions are very welcome.. Thank you.

SWG RIP 4/26/05

Comments

• ajax7ajax7 Member Posts: 363

Starsider is the most populated with huge 50 vs 50 or pvp each night we also have pvp in space with a lot of space events.

Ajax

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by ajax7

Starsider is the most populated with huge 50 vs 50 or pvp each night we also have pvp in space with a lot of space events.

Starsider is overpopulated, IMO.  The server is sitting on an Extremely Heavy population load throughout most of the day and is suffering the same way Bria did back in 2005 before they revamped the server.  Other servers, such as Chilastra, Bloodfin and Ahazi would be a better option if you want a high population but a reliable server (well, reliable for now, heh).  That and a large chunk of the Intrepid population is already on Chilastra now.

• goiterboygoiterboy Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Obraik

Starsider is overpopulated, IMO.  The server is sitting on an Extremely Heavy population load throughout most of the day and is suffering the same way Bria did back in 2005 before they revamped the server.  Other servers, such as Chilastra, Bloodfin and Ahazi would be a better option if you want a high population but a reliable server (well, reliable for now, heh).  That and a large chunk of the Intrepid population is already on Chilastra now.

There are no servers that are overpopulated.

• rage9000rage9000 Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by morock

Given the fact that not only have I been advised to reclaim my house before its removed from game, now Im being advised to leave my server of origin.  Have played off and on since launch.  Like many others left after CU, but I have kept my accounts going.  Now that Ive logged back in it seems there are only a handful of players left on Intrepid.  Where are you guys heading??  What servers would be a good destination.??  All suggestions are very welcome.. Thank you.

WOW?

• Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

There will never be another Intrepid, because that was the only server where the non-combat folks ran things.  However, I believe Intrepid was the daughter server of Bria.  Several Intrepid players I knew from the early days went to Bria.

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by goiterboy

If the server's stuck on Extremely Heavy and crashing daily from the load then yes, it's overpopulated.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

I used to play on Intrepid and know a few people that still play swg.  I would say that for the most part people have spread out to the various servers, either following their guild or friends.  Starsider and Chilastra seem to be the 2 servers most people are going to. 

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

If the server's stuck on Extremely Heavy and crashing daily from the load then yes, it's overpopulated.

I don't doubt that the poor NGE code makes the servers crash daily but it's not from overpopulation.

• AveBethosAveBethos Member Posts: 611

Screenshots?  Of course not.  Pure 100% fabrication.

• AveBethosAveBethos Member Posts: 611

It's crashing because the code is garbage and the combat was designed for the core systems.

• BadgerSmakerBadgerSmaker Member Posts: 629

Here's a list of high population servers by geographical location so you can pick one that will give you a good ping:

High Population West Coast USA Server

Ahazi

Bria

Flurry

Sunrunner

High Population East Coast USA

Bloodfin

Chilastra

Eclipse

Gorath

Radiant

Shadowfire

Starsider

High Population Europe Server

Europe-Chimaera

Europe-FarStar

Originally posted by BadgerSmaker

Here's a list of high population servers by geographical location so you can pick one that will give you a good ping:

High Population West Coast USA Server

Ahazi

Bria

Flurry

Sunrunner

High Population East Coast USA

Bloodfin

Chilastra

Eclipse

Gorath

Radiant

Shadowfire

Starsider

High Population Europe Server

Europe-Chimaera

Europe-FarStar

That's still way too many servers. They should have merged everybody onto one server.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Chilastra gogogo

Best server for pvp, though admittedly not as great of a piloting community as one may hope for, but there is still daily space pvp.

Inflation isn't as bad as it is on other servers either

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410

Come on over to Sunrunner, we still have some room left, and after pack up, Im guessing a few places to put down towns.    Thiers a big pve community, people are getting space combat going again, and thiers pvp, not huge, about 30-50 people pvp daily.    But I see alot of the old pvpers trying to get more going, since so many have come over and a lot of the old crowd is back on their free time.

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

You would do better by going to the Official galaxy forums and read the Intrepid posts. There is a  player directory which lists players names, new names if they had to change, and where they are heading. It seems most are split between Chilastra and Starsider.

If you haven't played much since the NGE, you will find most of the players and community you knew have long gone, so you may wish to concentrate on what a new server and community offers you instead of where the few Intrepid players left have transferred to. Keep in mind that Intrepid was (is) a West Coast server for the most part, although back in better times, it didn't much matter.

Starsider seems to have received more players than other destination seers, like Radiant, but if you have been reading the O-boards, you know that Starsider has been having serious server issues...lag, CTD, server crashes, etc. You may wish to consider other well populated and more stable servers (as stable as a SWG server can be) like Bloodfin or Bria.  I am sure that this current round of free vet trials has not helped, but the numbers should certainly thin out considerably after the free trial ends - as it usually does.

• AthelaAthela Member Posts: 492

Pick Starsider for population, roleplay, space, generally helpful people.

• morockmorock Member Posts: 24

Thank you all for the suggestions.  Like many others I am packing and moving this weekend.  I do appreciate all the input that you guys have given.  I think I am going to make a big leap and just start fresh.  Once again it seems like Im starting over. AGAIN!  lol  I can wait for the SWTOR !!!  I plan on trying Stargate, Star Trek and of course SWTOR...  But until then....  Im gonna try to make it to Famed Peko KILLER!! YEA.. 

SWG RIP 4/26/05